You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What am I missing on the internet?

Bjornebye

I can spend a morning looking for something to buy on Amazon, then i read the reviews and realise that the majority of people are idiots. Also, Wikipedia, you start off casually having a look at the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand by Gavrilo Princip in 1914 and twenty minutes later you're reading about Leerdammer cheese, with no idea of how you got there.

Jusy had a look through my "favourites" in work. Those two, Twitter, here, Trusted Reviews, Pimp that Snack, Telegraph Sport, Size and Evans Cycles are all saved. Strange collection, right there.

Haha, another Telegraph Sport lover. Mr Champ always makes a beeline for it when we're round at my folks'

Happy to see no one has mentioned buzzfeed. That site angers me more than it should.

I don't really spend much time on them these days, but I check numerous 4chan and reddit boards a few times a week. There's some good stuff on there if you can be arsed wading through the shite. Though tbh I reckon if I didn't go on 4chan in my teenage years and did now I'd be thinking 'What the fuck is this place?' Instead I know where to go for a decent discussion and have discovered all kinds of new music and films through it.

The Quietus and Pitchfork are where I go for my music reviews and that. Vice is quite decent too, though their magazine and documentaries are generally a lot better than a fair bit of the content on their website.

• 1 year later...

Can anybody recommend a news website? The independent has been shite for a year now and I've no confidence it's going to get back to being decent. I already use BBC, Guardian, NYT, Washington post, the intercept and Huffington post. I don't mind if the website has a political slant/bias, just as long as it reports the relevant facts accurately.

Can anybody recommend a news website? The independent has been shite for a year now and I've no confidence it's going to get back to being decent. I already use BBC, Guardian, NYT, Washington post, the intercept and Huffington post. I don't mind if the website has a political slant/bias, just as long as it reports the relevant facts accurately.

Daily Sport

I watch RT shows,  Al Jazeera, teleSUR, the Real News, and Novara Media.

I am a radical, extremist, libtard though.

http://www.theonion.com/