You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

https://youtu.be/er-GdWLW5F4

fuck knows how to embed, but this video is the first ive ever seen of this lad, and i have to say purely off this i'm balls deep on this transfer and regretting giving my season ticket up this year now.

the kid looks ace.

he also, importantly, looks Brazilian. Most of our brazilians havent. Coutinho does, and he's class, so thats a great sign.

Has anyone actually watched him play a few times or are most people just pretending to know and just going on FM and utube? I have no idea what he is like

watch the vid i just linked, then jump aboard.

knowing about players isnt my forte. judging on the strength of a youtube clip is all i have!

Be much happier when we've signed a striker for him and Coutinho to pass to.

Really hope it's Bacca, but reckon it'll be Rondon.

I'd love both bacca and rondon. Sturridge will be injured for at best half a season, Ings is a punt and Mario is a lazy lunatic. Two top class South Americans would go a long way to sorting out our problems in front of goal. Firminio is an immense player.

I'm liking that we are looking abroad rather than to four clubs - Southampton,Swansea, Newcastle and Sunderland.

# shitting it that I'll wake up in reality soon with us unveiling cisse from Newcastle on the same day the mancs unveil bale, sweinsteiger, lloris and Ramos.

People are going to owe FSG an apology if all this comes off.

Nope. Undoubtedly we are about to sign one top class talent. One of Brazil's future key players and one of Bundesliga's most skillful players.

However FSG will recoup this investment by selling Sterling to one of our domestic rivals for yet again one more record fee, a larger fee than what they are about to pay for Firmino. I will enjoy Firmino for as long as he plays for Liverpool but I know that FSG will sell him in 2-3 seasons for profit, regardless if we win any trophies or if we qualify to the CL.

I will change my mind about FSG when they deliver an expanded Anfield and they create a winning team.

• Upvote 2

I refuse to watch any footage of him unless we sign him. Not getting hyped up, especially with the way things have gone lately.

I keep wondering why we don't have rival bidders if he's so good. The way people are talking it looks like we could pull off a fluke like we did with Luis, and maybe it's the case, but will just carry on being a miserable cunt for the time being unless something is confirmed.

• Upvote 1

I refuse to watch any footage of him unless we sign him. Not getting hyped up, especially with the way things have gone lately.

I keep wondering why we don't have rival bidders if he's so good. The way people are talking it looks like we could pull off a fluke like we did with Luis, and maybe it's the case, but will just carry on being a miserable cunt for the time being unless something is confirmed.

I'm going with this.

Has anyone actually watched him play a few times or are most people just pretending to know and just going on FM and utube? I have no idea what he is like

Seen him a few times last season. Kaka would probably be the closest in style of play, in that he likes to drive through midfield with the ball at his feet. He's more of the direct European-style attacking midfielder than the traditional tricky Brazilian AM a la Coutinho. He's pretty quick with excellent off the ball movement and his closing down game is very good for an attacking player. He needs to work on his close control and one-touch play though. His passing can also be off sometimes even though he has decent vision.