You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Jesus there's some fucking damaged goods in here.  I include myself in that count, but at least I can offer arguments based on rational thinking, not petty dislikes or attention seeking.

Trainee psychologist's dream some of the shit that gets posted on this site.

Haha. Yup.

It's not hard to see the similarities in Firmino's game and Suarez's.  I don't think many people expect Firmino to start banging in the amount of goals that wee Luis does but the tenacious pressing from the front, the street football dribbling and that touch of class is there.

Im attention seeking because I don't think Firmino is the new Suarez after one decent game?Theres no rational thinking in what I said?At the time Gary Neville said he didn't know how Firmino saw where Coutinho was and I watched the LFC highlights of the game last night where Gary Gillespie said Firmino played the ball in to an area and did not pick Coutinho out.

He's done that a few times like against manu where he played the ball across the 6 yard box and nearly set up Benteke, he also did it for the own goal which I forgot to mention.

He had a good game making some decent runs behind the defence which we have not seen a lot of since Sturridge has been out but as I said I think the praise has been over the top after one game.

Posted Image
  • Upvote 1

Im attention seeking because I don't think Firmino is the new Suarez after one decent game?Theres no rational thinking in what I said?At the time Gary Neville said he didn't know how Firmino saw where Coutinho was and I watched the LFC highlights of the game last night where Gary Gillespie said Firmino played the ball in to an area and did not pick Coutinho out.

He's done that a few times like against manu where he played the ball across the 6 yard box and nearly set up Benteke, he also did it for the own goal which I forgot to mention.

He had a good game making some decent runs behind the defence which we have not seen a lot of since Sturridge has been out but as I said I think the praise has been over the top after one game.

Point me out one post that claims that Firmino is the new Suarez,  Just one.

I'll point you out quite a few where people saw similarities between the two players styles. 

You're relying on Neville & Gillespie to tell you what other people saw for themselves, and apparently saw differently. Judging by the comments I see on here, most don't need pundits to interpret what their own two eyes saw.   I agree to a certain extent that some of the praise is OTT, but if you can't recognize a fucking good performance from a decent one then you are in the minority.  Or you're just attention seeking.  Does the hat fit ?

Not saying he's shit but all them suarez comparisons people have made and that pod cost was a bit over the top, this was bound to happen.

He was genuinely dreadful last night 4 or 5 / out of 10 would be generous.

There is something there but his consistency is unbelievably bad.

Within a game itself and from one game to the next game.

Suarez was never less than 8/10.

I can't really be arsed with the comparison stuff but I can remember Suarez having a couple of stinkers at Old Trafford for example.

Firmino has been here four months & has struggled early on with injuries in team lacking confidence, he'll be a very good player for us in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Point me out one post that claims that Firmino is the new Suarez, Just one.

I'll point you out quite a few where people saw similarities between the two players styles.

You're relying on Neville & Gillespie to tell you what other people saw for themselves, and apparently saw differently. Judging by the comments I see on here, most don't need pundits to interpret what their own two eyes saw. I agree to a certain extent that some of the praise is OTT, but if you can't recognize a fucking good performance from a decent one then you are in the minority. Or you're just attention seeking. Does the hat fit ?

Lots of fans have been comparing him to Suarez, I didn't accuse anyone on here but fans have been saying it.I didn't say he didn't have a good game I said I don't think that performance means he should be the first name on the teamsheet.

He was poor last night, I'm not happy about that as I want him to be a success but I stand by what I said that he still has a lot to prove and I would have other players in the first eleven ahead of him until he starts to show some consistency.

Lots of fans have been comparing him to Suarez, I didn't accuse anyone on here but fans have been saying it.I didn't say he didn't have a good game I said I don't think that performance means he should be the first name on the teamsheet.

He was poor last night, I'm not happy about that as I want him to be a success but I stand by what I said that he still has a lot to prove and I would have other players in the first eleven ahead of him until he starts to show some consistency.

And how would you get a player to show consistency without playing him ? 

How does he play his way through a rough patch on the bench ?  I actually think you bring a certain amount of balance to the more OTT praise, but fuck me give credit where it's due.  Yes he was quiet last night, but he played a blinder against City. 

And I'm still waiting for you to point out one post where Firmino has been labelled as the new Suarez.

• 2 weeks later...

I was saying it was too early to say he should be starting every week and I think it's too early to write him off now, it's not looking good though.Hes been here 3-4 months and I still don't see what his strengths are or what he does, he doesn't look like he has the attributes to play in any of the am positions. Up front he has done alright and has shown decent movement and has been good at linking up, his finishing is average though and he's not good enough to lead the line for LFC.

Have no idea what's going on with this guy. Was really really good in Germany and looked to have everything you wanted in a player. Scored goals, was a great chance creator, one of the better dribblers in Europe and had great tackling numbers. I don't normally like the excuse that players need tons of time to adjust to a new league because I think truly talented players usually show their class right away, but I hope this is the case with Firmino because right now he looks awful compared to how he looked at Hoffenheim.

Give it 6 months and he'll be putting in performances like the one against City more often than not in my opinion.

You can see that the talent is there, in flashes.  Just very inconsistent.  Not that I'd compare him to Suarez, because I doubt we'll have a better player than Luis here in the next decade, but remember that even Suarez was hit and miss that first half-season.  It wasn't until after that United game where he laid on a hat-trick of assists for Kuyt that he really took off.  Wouldn't be surprised if Firmino ends up a bit like that.

• Upvote 2

He's been fucking woeful every single game.

Even the man city game he missed three easy chances

fucking woeful? Every game?

some of his set up play has been pure class. He put it on a plate for benteke at the Emirates. That ball for coutinho at city is one of the best through balls you ll ever see. And it wasn't a fluke I ve seem him to do something similar against someone else but cant remember who.

fucking woeful? Every game?

some of his set up play has been pure class. He put it on a plate for benteke at the Emirates. That ball for coutinho at city is one of the best through balls you ll ever see. And it wasn't a fluke I ve seem him to do something similar against someone else but cant remember who.

Yeah diabolical I'd say