You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Firmino and Benteke left out of friendly squad so unlikely either will start against Stoke?

Who's Rodgers planning in starting up front so?

If he goes with a 4;3-3 I'd imagine Danny Ings up front with support from Lallana & Sharon Stone.

What? We're fucking signing Sharon Stone, right.

Firmino and Benteke left out of friendly squad so unlikely either will start against Stoke?

Who's Rodgers planning in starting up front so?

Swindon friendly on Sunday. Also factor in that the surface today is on astro-turf, and maybe Rodgers isn't keen on some players pissing around on it just before the start of the season. MAybe a bit far-fetched, but...

I'm not sure how many more times I can say this but, I love Borini still.

I just think that in a world where Real Madrid had a player like Javier Hernandez on the bench, in a world where Tello played for Barcelona, that we can still find a place for a player like Borini in our matchday squad.

I still want Rodgers sacked by the way, for three reasons primarly:

1) Embarrassing CL performances

2) Stoke 6-1

3) Random treatment of Borini

Hernandez scores goals,Borini doesnt,and is shite.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Stoke had kept things very tight until Firmino came on, then all of a sudden spaces started appearing around the box, including the space Coutinho ran into and scored from. We've really missed anyone who can do that since Suarez went.

• Upvote 2

Was good in his cameo, preferred he would've started over Lallana but we don't know the fitness levels. I know we didn't get the sky commentary over here (or at least not the A team) but one of the presenters made a point of mentioning Lallana coming off at 60 every game because he fades, hopefully when Firmino is fully integrated Brendan starts him and uses Lallana as needed.

In fairness to lallana and the point about fading around 60 mins every game, the lad gives his all when he is on the pitch.

He has to be the best player in the squad for pressing the opposition

Robbie Savage was great at pressing and harrying but would you have paid £25m for him?