WhiskeyJar

Roberto Firmino

19 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I'm fine with Elliott being the Wijnaldum replacement. There are similarities because Wijnaldum was a more attacking player at Newcastle, but we converted him in to playing Centre midfielder.

I'm disappointed that we are starting the season with Orgi and Minamino as second choice attackers when we know that they aren't good enough. If we get a serious injury to Salah, where are the goals going to come from? Its very similar to the risk we took with VVD not getting injured last season.

I thought the club have been pushing the line that Elliot is Shaq's replacement? And no injuries will replace Gini's minutes. 

10 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

No one has said that. 

But we should have fucked Ox and Keita off. 

The 3 posts above me are literally; none of them start for their countries, the only reliable one is Fabinho, but actually he's not been good in a while. 

On 01/09/2021 at 22:56, 3 Stacks said:

The 3 posts above me are literally; none of them start for their countries, the only reliable one is Fabinho, but actually he's not been good in a while. 

Did you watch the end of last season? Fabinho had a run of awful games. He’s a great player, but he’s not at the level of Virgil or Salah.

On 02/09/2021 at 20:57, Barrington Womble said:

Apparently Bobby has fucked off on holiday to Marbella. That's a bit weird at this point in the season and his injury isn't it?

If he posts some bikini shots of his wife it will be his most telling contribution for 18 months

• Upvote 1

I’m just surprised FSG aren’t getting the blame for Bobby going on holiday. Maybe he’s got the use of one of Henry’s armada of Super Duper Yachts.

He’s injured, he’s not away on international duty and he played the most of our players over the summer. 

I hope the rest does him good & he’s back for Leeds or Miiiiiiiiiilan.

One of our players scores a hattrick and doesn't get as much as a threadbump?

Harsh.

I still think we look a lot better with Bobby upfront, leading the press and keeping our midfield and attack together.

Being in the right place at the right time while everyone is shitting themselves worrying about Salah... is a skill, and Firmino has it.  

His movement and positional sense for his first goal was excellent I thought.

With Salah in this type of terrorising form, Firmino going unnoticed could be very productive.

7 from Salah, 5 from Mane and 4 from Firmino in 8 games in the PL. I’ll take that from our strikers any day of the week.