You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Haha.

In the last two games we've got Salah in behind twice.  That came from a ball from hendo at CB and one from Trent.   Midfield did fuck all in either game.  And as you can see, Bobby spent the fucking game in midfield. 

You carry on watching a different game to the rest of us in order to pretend Thiago hasn't been completely shite.   Whatever floats your boat. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

In the last two games we've got Salah in behind twice.  That came from a ball from hendo at CB and one from Trent.   Midfield did fuck all in either game.  And as you can see, Bobby spent the fucking game in midfield. 

You carry on watching a different game to the rest of us in order to pretend Thiago hasn't been completely shite.   Whatever floats your boat. 

Thought Curtis played well, strange that he was taken off. Thiago did nothing.

Against Brighton Thiago was comfortably the best midfielder, he kept getting balls into the forwards but it was bouncing off them.

Those types of balls that you're referring to for Mo to run onto; they tend to generally come from the full backs or VVD, not the midfield. That's how we play.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Be interesting when Jota comes back.

Being honest, although Bobby wasn’t the worst yesterday, I hope Jota gets a run through the middle at Bobby’s expense.

Agree with this. Jota played centrally against Atalanta didn't he, and we know what happened.

18 hours ago, Hooch said:

Head a wobble. He's on the wane but instead of buying out his contract there's this thing called transfers. We could find a suitor who purchases him for a few quid, an then we move on and use said funds toward Marc Overmars / Damien Duff / Quaresma etc....

Who the fuck is going to pay cash money for him? I'm with you on signing Duff though!

I don’t know the stats on feeding of the front three by our wing backs, but Mo certainly continues to benefit from TAA ball. My feeling is that The Mane / Robertson combo has dropped off of late, but Sadio has been in and out of the team.

I’m not sure Bobby playing centre benefits as much from the wing back feeding compared to Sadio and Mo, and I think that more than the other two, Bobby is really missing the Fab/Hendo dynamism. 

18 hours ago, Grinch said:

Dropping into midfield cause the midfield isn't giving the forwards the ball at all. 

Maybe If he stayed up front and kept the centre half’s occupied and you know, offered some kind of threat, he’d get the ball. All this dropping deep to help out nonsense is an excuse for him being a shithouse and going missing.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Maybe If he stayed up front and kept the centre half’s occupied and you know, offered some kind of threat, he’d get the ball. All this dropping deep to help out nonsense is an excuse for him being a shithouse and going missing.

Are we really gonna do the thing where we pretend him playing deeper with Salah and Mane in front of him was never successful? Because that was the shape for years. That said, that map in the Brighton game is absurd. 

• Upvote 1