Quantcast
Roberto Firmino - Page 166 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Roberto Firmino

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Adrian likes this.

It's still true.  A-A was at fault for their second goal, but he still had a better game than Bobby.  Firmino gave the ball away so many times.  Everything about him is off at the moment.

Conversely, I thought Henderson had a really good game - one of the few times that a run out for the national team benefits the club. 

Klopp can't just click his fingers and magic Firmino back to form. But I thought yesterday was a good step towards him finding some form. He needs to build on it now particularly as he's finally got real competition for his place.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, aws said:

Klopp can't just click his fingers and magic Firmino back to form. But I thought yesterday was a good step towards him finding some form. He needs to build on it now particularly as he's finally got real competition for his place.

I thought he was awful again yesterday. He kept giving the ball back to them. He's my favourite player and I love him but he defo needs dropping for a few games. Give Jota a run on the left and put Sadio through the middle. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He did?

The front three had 16 "bad touches" between them - Bobby had one.

Who's counting those bad touches? And what qualifies a bad touch? His touch was shocking yesterday. Most of the time he didn't lose possession, but Everton weren't even bothering to mark him, he was in acres of space so got away with it. It often slowed our attack though. 

Class is permanent, he'll get back to his best at some point.

I'd have Jota in our first choice front three for the next few games though. He looks sensational but he's not going to show it properly only playing the final 15 minutes of every game. 

29 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I'd have Jota in our first choice front three for the next few games though. He looks sensational but he's not going to show it properly only playing the final 15 minutes of every game. 

it's not though, is it?

44 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

If that was true Kenny would still be strutting his stuff. 

1 hour ago, John102 said:

it's not though, is it?

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

If that was true Kenny would still be strutting his stuff. 

Tough crowd on here today, kicking me in the arse as I desperately clutch for post-Virgil straws. 

• Upvote 1

If Shaqiri stays fit, I can see him being an alternative in a 4-2-3-1 with Mané, Salah and Jota. Otherwise, he'll probably still play almost every game, save for rotation or injury.

On 18/10/2020 at 19:19, Barrington Womble said:

Who's counting those bad touches? And what qualifies a bad touch? His touch was shocking yesterday. 

final_1.thumb.jpg.a9a5ba8b7ed8d875ecbfb7f1668a56a9.jpg

I’d like to see a front 3 of Salah, Mane & Jota but it’ll take big balls to drop Firmino for the 2 games this week.

• Upvote 1

The old Bobby was back tonight, needed to step up and he did. Going to stick my neck out and say he was my MOTM. Not just for getting his goal, but his link up play was great and made space for Jota to exploit. All in all a great night for the lad.

hope he pushes on now for the rest of the season.

Bad luck in front of goal notwithstanding, he had a great game. His close control is off the scale and they could not get the ball off him. Hopefully working his way back into form now.

His great games are few and far between.

He literally moves like a tank nowadays. He never looks sharp and hasn't done for most of this year. Jota has shown up him up big time (not just his goals, his all round play). You would have thought that Jota displacing him in the first team would have snapped him into action.

I honestly don't know what he adds to the team any more because he gives the ball away so much.

There was an attack late in the first half where he had runners to his right and the ball was on to them. He then bizarrely decided to shoot from a ridiculous distance and then literally just fluffed the shot and gave the ball back to Fulham.

I know most of the team didn't play well today, but have lots of credit built up to have an off day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Love Bobby but he can't be a starter for us for much longer. His best attribute was bringing the best out of Mane and Salah but he's not been able to do that for a while. A real shame that Jota is injured, it means we are stuck with Bobby for a while longer now when he should really be on the bench.

• Downvote 1