You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

48 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think he should wear a t shirt underneath with a photo of him taking his shirt off and when he scores just raise his top to show the photo of him removing his top without actually doing it.

He could also just put a picture of the referee brandishing a yellow card on the back and cut out the middle man.

He's been fine, not as good as last season, but fine. His issues lie more with the fact that with our workmanlike midfield, he needs to be the most creative player on the pitch and then also come up with the goal tally of a top team striker which is too difficult to do consistently for anyone not named Leo Messi. Basically, he needs way more help. 

Sturridge at this point is only good as an occasional starter who will provide a bit of magic when we need him to, nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Klopp needs to stop fucking him around, he’s been the biggest victim of the constant formation changes, he’ll do a fucking shift all over the place. He should only play as 9, you can’t get any rhythm perpetually shifting from position to position.

Agree with this , don't think the ' Salah through the middle ' thing works for us at all.

I think Firmino is probably our most overrated player at the moment. He escapes criticism because he does a lot of work in midfield, but this is only because our midfield is one-dimensional and lacks creativity. If we had better balance there and Firmino was asked to play as a proper forward, his limitations would be more obvious. I would be looking for a world-class starting striker right now. Firmino would be fine off the bench. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see the interest of paying a massive fee for a striker and I don't think Klopp does either. His style of play is tied to Firmino, regardless of his form. We'll probably replace Sturridge with a young striker who has potential but who probably wouldn't compete with Firmino right away. 

Instead of true #9's we should keep buying wide forwards and secondary strikers anyways. I'd rather we end up with an Ousmane Dembele or a Fekir than a Werner or Icardi. We could do way more in terms of versatility with the former types. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I would be okay with us signing Icardi.

Firmino is ace though, and not the problem. The problem is the midfield offering very little in an attacking sense. It's the difference between us and City, and why they'll probably finish 10/15 points ahead of us.

Agree with the issue with the midfield. We’re missing Ox way more than I thought we would. However we need him to step up IMO, and the difference IMO could very well be the points Aguero’s goals win for City and those Bobby’s win for us.

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Agree with the issue with the midfield. We’re missing Ox way more than I thought we would. However we need him to step up IMO, and the difference IMO could very well be the points Aguero’s goals win for City and those Bobby’s win for us.

You seem to think Bobby doesn't score goals. It's really, really, really bizarre.