You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Not necessarily. They’re a pretty pedestrian side. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us grind one out. Would hope the key cast get a rest though

We managed that in 45 minutes vs city, I think that's the only time.  We have to go all out, we don't know how to grind.  Anything less than full strength and I think we lose vs Chelsea.  There will be enormous pressure for the Brighton match and even more pressure in the final.

Guest Alex_K

City is the only clean sheet we have this season? I don’t think that’s true. I suspect there will be no fuel in the tank to “go all out” but let’s see.

• 2 weeks later...

Was brilliant in that no. 10 role today. I always hoped to see him play there behind Luis Suarez, sadly that numpty Rodgers refused to listen. Pah!

He came after Suarez left.

A fair while later.

But I know what you mean, like.

A kid a few rows in front of me unfurled a banner when the players came out at the end, saying "Roberto Firmino, Can I have a photo with you?"

As if Bobby is ever going to miss a selfie opportunity.

32349731_10155316495047019_8006702643365

You'll be in this one then, Mal?

thumb_65020_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Yup. Slightly to the left of the kid with the sign. He's a couple of rows behind Stringvest who's wearing what looks like a straw boater and sporting a twirly moustache. Mal is stood next to the guy in a blue shirt and sunglasses, and is wearing a blue checked shirt with some sort of blue strap across his chest (one of those mini man-handbags no doubt). Looks like a wrong'un.

thumb_65020_default_news_size_5.jpeg

That's a different kid.

The one in front of me had a proper professionally printed sign, with Bobby's picture on it too.

So, no, that's not me with the manbag - although it's true that I favour the Yewtree vibe that he's gone for.

Excellent in the role that a few of us said he could play against bust parking teams to give us another attacker.

I found it quite amusing that he missed 3 complete sitters when playing deeper. His finishing certainly wasn't as good when not playing as the front man.

We scored 84 goals. Our first team attack wasn't the issue. We should be able to rest one of the front 3 though without performance falling off a cliff.

Also, a few goals from midfield would be nice too. And the occasional set piece.

It was far from perfect because when any one of the front three was injured/rested the replacements were pretty terrible. We dropped some stupid points against lower teams because of off days and the inability to field adequate replacements or change the system of play. It's foolish to expect our front three to stay fit for the next 3/4 seasons and not have half decent replacements. I also hate to piss on everybody's chips but we finished fourth and I'm sure that our manager is still a bit disappointed with this too.