Quantcast
Roberto Firmino - Page 116 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Roberto Firmino

The word used was above. Did you mean that Willian is taller?

FFS. What’s the point of this?

I am sorry to tell you but you are crazy if you think Arnautovic or any other striker of the class you and a few others want will sit on the bench for the occasions when or if Bobby is not doing it for the team.

Giroud is sitting on the bench for Chelsea. Do you think we should just start next season with our current set of strikers?

Just saw this. Some very good and great partnerships above but you started with Sheringham to Van Nistelrooy. They literally never played together.

chuckle.gif

Giroud is sitting on the bench for Chelsea. Do you think we should just start next season with our current set of strikers?

Morata is not being as prolific as Bobby. Giroud obviously thinks he can shift Morata out the team given his scoring record. Giroud was also signed when Morata was out injured and still being shit in front of goal. Morata is also dropping hints he wants to go back to Spain. If Bobby was a shit as Morata is and was dropping hints about going back to Germany you may have a point. But he is not so no I do not think your comparison stands the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Edit. And yes I do think we should start next season with the striking options we have including Ings and Solanke.

Am not saying it will happen but if the club were indeed looking at Griezmann as rumoured in January, then I am curious as to what our formation would be in that sense. Where would Bobby play and how he would combine with Griezmann. I dont know if we are ever gonna find that out though..

Am not saying it will happen but if the club were indeed looking at Griezmann as rumoured in January, then I am curious as to what our formation would be in that sense. Where would Bobby play and how he would combine with Griezmann. I dont know if we are ever gonna find that out though..

424?

It could be, also it could be 41212. But these two formations only work with Griezmann. Therefore I think we'll probably stay as we are. Whatever that is.

4KingBrilliant

He’s been very good this season Firmino, and I’m happy for him to lead the line for us. I just think there are occasions when we need a proper striker, and our options at the moment are Solanke and Ings. Say we sell Ings this summer, loan Solanke out to a promoted team, and replace them with Arnautovic as a ‘like for like’ option for Firmino, and Rondon as a ‘plan b’ against teams parking the bus, we’d be much stronger for it.

Arnautovic and Rondon. What other clubs would potentially be in for those two? Real, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Juventus, City, United, Spurs, Chelsea? None of those I reckon, and there’s a reason for that.

I think we bought Solanke hoping he'd be a worthy back up if Firmino was injured or rested but he's looked very below first team level when played yet some see an obvious talent there and he does well when playing for the young aged teams. Ings has had a couple of terrible injuries so probably deserves some time to get match fit again and should get some runs out as a sub and a chance to show that he may be able to step up if needed. The problem is the drop off in class when any of the front three don't play but there is nothing we can do about this until the summer. I think Ings is the most likely to leave but who will know until this season ends?

Completed Tackles in PL 2017/2018

Paul Pogba (CM) = 18

Fernandinho (DM) = 27

Granit Xhaka (DM) = 34

Nemanja Matic (DM) = 35

Roberto Firmino (CF) = 36

07cab1f5801d3ebc9044d7e3ee0a2bac.jpg

• Upvote 4

People are forgetting, it would have to be one of the front three whose sold to fund Griezmann.

People are forgetting we sold Coutinho for a club record fee. Dont start by saying we got VDV with the same money because we tried to buy him even when Coutinho was there in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

People are forgetting we sold Coutinho for a club record fee. Dont start by saying we got VDV with the same money because we tried to buy him even when Coutinho was there in the summer.

And the end result was we couldn't buy VVD so we didn't sell coutinho.

I think it's fair to believe that was the plan all along, and Phil would have gone in the summer if we bought VVD. e0eb60ee5a4a656e00377efcff29c52c.jpg

And the end result was we couldn't buy VVD so we didn't sell coutinho.

I think it's fair to believe that was the plan all along, and Phil would have gone in the summer if we bought VVD. e0eb60ee5a4a656e00377efcff29c52c.jpg

Hard to disagree.

I love him and his teeth the handsome bastard.

What I love about the Mane goal was how deep he came back to win the ball back and then in a matter of seconds he’s on the edge of their box playing an exquisite pass.

He’s fucking boss Bobby.

• Upvote 2