You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

BBC going with it too:

Liverpool have agreed a deal in principle to sign Brazil and Hoffenheim forward Roberto Firmino for £29m.

The 23-year-old, who is currently playing for his country in the Copa America in Chile, would need to be granted a work permit.

Reds chief executive Ian Ayre is in Chile for talks with a view to a five-year deal at the Premier League club.

Firmino is understood to have agreed terms and is set to become Liverpool's second most expensive signing.

The question now is how we ended up paying a lot more than his release fee of 20m sterling if that were actually the case. Happy with the transfer anyway.

Worth pointing out his finishing, as he is 3 years older than Sterling but his finishing is around the same level according to those who watch him.

Sterling is not a striker either but people have been moaning.

A lot of the regular German watchers have him down as raw and inconsistent he's no Alexis Sanchez is what I am trying to point out.

Coutinho was an exceptional young talent this fella has not got the same technique or ability but is said to make up for it in his work-rate and hunger.

Not sure many people get excited by players from Brazil these days the samba has gone from their football, it's like watching a Pulis team.

How long can we carry a player like Firminho?

• Upvote 4

NOw you all know I love every single last one of you crazy bastards on this site but please lads, don't do it to yourselves. Wait until the deal is done before you shoot the muthaload. I beg you and the reason is simple. Ian Ayre is "attempting to complete a deal". Let that sit with you for a minute. Remember Angry of Tuebrook's account of his tard friend outwitting the half wit Ayre. This deal is not fucking done by any means. It's not done lads. And trust me when I tell you that I want it just as much as any one of you slags. We live in hope but you know deep down it's not done. It's Ian fuckng Ayre. The shithouse. Damn, things are so bleak lately that even NightCat is purring. I want to believe but I just don't want this place to erupt in a jism fountain of pain and self loathing, patronization, shithouse stats (and some incredible gallows humour) if this thing doesn't happen. We may never recover. Let's hold fire on the spunk gunz is all I'm saying. 

• Upvote 3

Rumours that it could potentially end up at £29m with all the add ons. It won't be that much outright

Anyway, I'd sooner overspend on get our targets than penny pinch and miss out

Even with that £29m fee (if correct) then selling Sterling for £40m which we've already been offered once, less the 20% to go to QPR would still see us in profit.  I'd have to assume that he'd be on ever so slightly more wages than Raheem's current contract but even so, fucking hell.  Just... fucking hell.  Never saw this one coming.  If it actually happens.

People are going to owe FSG an apology if all this comes off.

Haha get to fuck mate.  Starting to do things right doesn't mean that previous (or indeed future) criticism of them is misplaced.

NOw you all know I love every single last one of you crazy bastards on this site but please lads, don't do it to yourselves. Wait until the deal is done before you shoot the muthaload. I beg you and the reason is simple. Ian Ayre is "attempting to complete a deal". Let that sit with you for a minute. Remember Angry of Tuebrook's account of his tard friend outwitting the half wit Ayre. This deal is not fucking done by any means. It's not done lads. And trust me when I tell you that I want it just as much as any one of you slags. We live in hope but you know deep down it's not done. It's Ian fuckng Ayre. The shithouse. Damn, things are so bleak lately that even NightCat is purring. I want to believe but I just don't want this place to erupt in a jism fountain of pain and self loathing, patronization, shithouse stats (and some incredible gallows humour) if this thing doesn't happen. We may never recover. Let's hold fire on the spunk gunz is all I'm saying. 

Duly noted.  Believe this one when he's at Anfield with a shirt on.

• Upvote 2

Fucking hell, I'm starting to get exited abour next season. Only question mark about this transfer is Ayre going out there to finalise the deal. Hope he brought Fowler because Chile is full of mountains, and a good piggy ride can be needed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Get in, cunts. Now, who else aren't we signing? Can we please not sign Illaramendi. Get that deal done quick as fuck.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Make no mistake, this is one hell of a capture. This is a marquee signing that we haven't been able to pull off, and we're paying big bucks and presumably big wages. I think this is an ambitious signing, and one that signals at least some sort of intent from the club. I mean, I'm sure some will find something to moan about, but this really is the sort of signing we need to be making to climb back to the top.

• Upvote 3

"subject to a medical"

Nah i'm still bricking it that this isn't going to happen. I just have so little faith in Ayre to finalise anything. Obviously delighted if it happens and I think this will give us better leverage with the likes of Illarimendi and a decent striker. Until I see him on the pitch smiling while holding the shirt I am keeping my delight quiet. Bit of pre-cum thats about all I have at the minute. 

• Upvote 1

"subject to a medical"

Nah i'm still bricking it that this isn't going to happen. I just have so little faith in Ayre to finalise anything. Obviously delighted if it happens and I think this will give us better leverage with the likes of Illarimendi and a decent striker. Until I see him on the pitch smiling while holding the shirt I am keeping my delight quiet. Bit of pre-cum thats about all I have at the minute.

Nothing to do with Ayre now.