You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

16 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Brazilian Lee Trundle. 

That bit of skill for the Salah goal the other day annoyed me. It was a shit pass that got under Salah's feet, so he had to improvise a finish without a backlift.  

I can't believe Klopp wants to die on this hill. 

I dont think Klopp does at all but he wanted Jota to be his replacement and not Origi. I personally think we should at least think about Mo or Mane centrally and not disregard a formation change. We cant keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I dont think Klopp does at all but he wanted Jota to be his replacement and not Origi. I personally think we should at least think about Mo or Mane centrally and not disregard a formation change. We cant keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

We have to try something different so I'd be tempted to play 3 at the back in Phillips, Kabak and Davies, it would hopefully allow Trent and Robbo to play further forward and have Mane and Salah as a 2 up top and able to move around a bit more we are too easy to play against at the moment.    

On 21/02/2021 at 13:53, TheHowieLama said:

Stringvest has been waiting for years to get back into those darn Brazilians.

No, the other lad's failure left me sated.  The Firmino issue makes me sad for different reasons.  Mostly for Klopp.  And I think Fabinho is great.

For now.  

Any word of when Jota is due back? Seems like his injury has gone on for way longer than the initial suggestions (that seems to have been the case with most of our injuries this year). The initial reports suggested the start of February, and I even remember some stories coming out that he might be back in January. But I've not even seen anything recently suggesting he's close. 

3 minutes ago, mike23 said:

Any word of when Jota is due back? Seems like his injury has gone on for way longer than the initial suggestions (that seems to have been the case with most of our injuries this year). The initial reports suggested the start of February, and I even remember some stories coming out that he might be back in January. But I've not even seen anything recently suggesting he's close. 

The echo ran a "he's coming back to save us and the club hope he'll be full training from Wednesday". 

• Upvote 1

On 21/02/2021 at 15:09, Trevorjc said:

We have to try something different so I'd be tempted to play 3 at the back in Phillips, Kabak and Davies, it would hopefully allow Trent and Robbo to play further forward and have Mane and Salah as a 2 up top and able to move around a bit more we are too easy to play against at the moment.    

Robbo and Trent would be ideal wing backs, but resorting to three at the back just reminds me of Rodgers in his last season. 

Remember when West ham were spanking us at home and he resorted to that after about half an hour 

On 21/02/2021 at 00:58, Marachoma said:

Diogo Jota. Which is totally right. But he's only 29 which is supposed to be in the middle of a players peak. We all loved him 6/12 months ago. Shall we just ditch him in a bad spell? I think he deserves more support than that 

That was when more or less all our players   were the best in the world in their position. And Man City had an ageing squad and were facing a complete rebuild.