You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Been a good servant and very key in how we used to play.

But it is painful watching him now.......should be sold in Summer.

And replaced with whom? Not that I necessarily disagree but be careful what we wish for or we'll replace him with a 17 year old funded by selling Linda's soiled underwear.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

His feet have the ability to drain kinetic energy from a football. 

He doesn’t have it in him to lead the line for us any longer. Defenders just ignore him now, and have stopped following him around the ground. We won’t get much for him, so I say we’ll try repurpose him as an AM, similar to the role Thomas Müller is playing for Bayern. 

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And replaced with whom? Not that I necessarily disagree but be careful what we wish for or we'll replace him with a 17 year old funded by selling Linda's soiled underwear.

Yeah that is the problem...especially without top 4 and the money it brings in.

Probably get more for Linda's knickers than Origi mind....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There are plenty of good strikers in the PL at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He doesn’t have it in him to lead the line for us any longer. Defenders just ignore him now, and have stopped following him around the ground. We won’t get much for him, so I say we’ll try repurpose him as an AM, similar to the role Thomas Müller is playing for Bayern. 

No thanks he kills everything we do on the pitch as it is and is on a huge wage.  Some mug will pay £15million for him at least.

38 minutes ago, Marachoma said:

Diogo Jota. Which is totally right. But he's only 29 which is supposed to be in the middle of a players peak. We all loved him 6/12 months ago. Shall we just ditch him in a bad spell? I think he deserves more support than that 

Ronaldinho was out of Barca & on severe wane by 28; Pato was finished at 24, Adriano at 27, Robinho at 26, even Kaka was a shadow of himself by his late 20s. Not to stereotype, but Brasilian forwards appear to be built differently. The love Firminho received 12 months ago was a hangover-of-sorts from the lack of affection 12 months before that; it often takes fans a little while to catch up. He's been a ghost of the player he was for going on a year and a half now.

He's been bad but both Mane and Salah have been poor too. Mane especially so this season. Salah despite his goals offers absolutely fuck all in general play. All three seem to be dispossessed very easily at the moment. 

I'd even go as far saying that in the recent games whenever we have looked dangerous it is when Bobby has shown glimpses of what he can do.

I think at the moment Mane is getting off very lightly.

It's not helping that the midfield behind at the moment is debilitatingly pedestrian. Gini takes too many touches and doesn't know a forward pass if its right in front of him. Jones is likewise too slow on the ball. And Thiago...well he's playing at a level Milner will be in another few years time.

25 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Ronaldinho was out of Barca & on severe wane by 28; Pato was finished at 24, Adriano at 27, Robinho at 26, even Kaka was a shadow of himself by his late 20s. Not to stereotype, but Brasilian forwards appear to be built differently. The love Firminho received 12 months ago was a hangover-of-sorts from the lack of affection 12 months before that; it often takes fans a little while to catch up. He's been a ghost of the player he was for going on a year and a half now.

Yeah i don't disagree on his form last 6-12 months. But most of those players declined fast due to lifestyle and personality/attitude issues from everything i have read. It seems Bobby is a model professional, and i don't think modern players drink or party like Ronaldinho did. Anyway we will see, i don't think he's done. 

He should have slotted that chance in the first half when it broke to him as Pickford had left enough space on his right for him to pass it in the net but instead he done what he always does and took the wrong option and went to the opposite side where they had all their defenders coming in. 

Gini got the ball in our centre circle in the 2nd half and played a 5 yard pass to Thiago, there was a clear channel right through to their centre halves which he looked to fire the ball through and no one was there again. Seconds later Bobby jogs up the screen and into the space in the evs centre circle 30 yards from where he should be and the move had to go sideways to Trent. 

Ive noticed another thing he’s doing now and he’s slowing down when we break so he arrives at the box after the moves finished. 

He’s got no desire at all to get into the box now and wants to hide on the edge of play. He’s spent that much time trying to get these great  for the camera passes that he’s forgot how to do the simple thing. 

He‘ll be happy being a sub here on 200 bags a week but that money should be spent on a top class replacement.

He's not a number 9 because he carries no threat and he’s not a number 10 because he can’t play the killer pass or even a simple one and doesn’t score from outside the box. 

He’s in the way now and needs to be taken out the team while we’ve got a chance to get into the top 4. He’d be benched at everyone else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1