You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

In terms of performance, Firmino is the one you'd sell, but honestly a front line of Mané - Haaland - Salah is kind of weird. I can't see the team play being all that great. I mean, I'm sure they'd figure it out because they're all great players but they'd want to kill each other after one season.

I don’t think that’s true. Salah formed a great partnership with Dzeko. Mane is more of a midfielder than a forward anyway. 

Only had that one shot in the first half which Ederson saved, barely remember him apart from that. 

Would anyone buy him on current form? An attacker midfielder/false 9 who doesn't score or create goals... Maybe we can get Palace on the phone, they seem to buy a lot of out lost causes. 

It’s continued performances like this why our squad players just can’t be arsed making any effort. 

Whats the point when you’re dropped the week after so this bum can walk back in and phone it in without fear. 

This is why we’ve dropped off a cliff. The hungers gone as we’ve got a first 11 at the minute who will play every week and a back up squad who may as well coast like the rest of them.

• Like 1

Now that the season’s gone, I’d like for Klopp to take the opportunity to experiment a bit. Bobby’s decline is nothing new, we’ve been witnessing it for 2.5 seasons now. He’s not getting younger, it’s hard to picture him ever turning the rot around. If we think we’re going to play with a proper number 9 next season, then play Salah there for the time being, because he’s the closest we have to a world class centre forward.

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

It’s continued performances like this why our squad players just can’t be arsed making any effort. 

Whats the point when you’re dropped the week after so this bum can walk back in and phone it in without fear. 

This is why we’ve dropped off a cliff. The hungers gone as we’ve got a first 11 at the minute who will play every week and a back up squad who may as well coast like the rest of them.

It must be soul destroying playing with him. 

Mane and Salah have no option but to come in off wide and try to beat 3 men so we can score.  They can't even beat a man and cross to Bobby, he's useless at competing for a ball in the six yard box.  

He doesn't hold it up, he can't beat a CB for pace, he can't beat a CB in the air, he hasn't got a goal in him from distance, he's not a leader.  Other than that, he's a great striker.  

I try and think of him in the City side, to see if I've got it wrong, but I just imagine him slowing down their breaks.  I mean, he doesn't get in their side ahead of Gabriel Jesus, who doesn't get in ahead of Aguero, he'd be an 86th minute replacement for either of them.  

534 crosses we've put in this season, the most of any team, no other team has reached 500 even.  Imagine a proper 9 in this team.  

• Upvote 2

Klopp knows Bobby's usefulness is declining, hence the smart purchase of Jota which had given us such a lift. Not so smart to play him in a pointless game to be injured for the rest of the season however. And yes, I don't expect to see Jota again this season as it seems every big injury we get seems to rule them out of the entire fucking season.

And with Bobby being mostly ineffectual this season and Origi being totally useless, we have big problems up front.

I'd like to think with a proper attacking midfielder we might get to see the best of Bobby but that's not going to happen this season. He'll continue to play, have the odd great game after which people on here will slam those who doubted him before he goes off and has another 8 shit matches in a row.

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd pay his contract up and fuck him off now! Brings nothing positive anymore!

We've had his best years, but he's done! Cheers Bobby, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

Head a wobble. He's on the wane but instead of buying out his contract there's this thing called transfers. We could find a suitor who purchases him for a few quid, an then we move on and use said funds toward Marc Overmars / Damien Duff / Quaresma etc....

Love the lad but ideally he is an option off the bench next season. He was world class for us, but last season you could see the decline. 

Still I'd rather keep him around the squad than lose him, unless we are getting good money for him, which in the current market, won't happen. Maybe someone like West Ham or Wolves, but I don't really see too many options for him.

We need five top class options and Harvey Elliot next season. We can't solve our defence next season with all the boys back, only for our attack to stutter like fuck because of players out of form and injuries and end up being reliant on a Divock quality player keeping us in a title race.