You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Klopp can't just click his fingers and magic Firmino back to form. But I thought yesterday was a good step towards him finding some form. He needs to build on it now particularly as he's finally got real competition for his place.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, aws said:

Klopp can't just click his fingers and magic Firmino back to form. But I thought yesterday was a good step towards him finding some form. He needs to build on it now particularly as he's finally got real competition for his place.

I thought he was awful again yesterday. He kept giving the ball back to them. He's my favourite player and I love him but he defo needs dropping for a few games. Give Jota a run on the left and put Sadio through the middle. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He did?

The front three had 16 "bad touches" between them - Bobby had one.

Who's counting those bad touches? And what qualifies a bad touch? His touch was shocking yesterday. Most of the time he didn't lose possession, but Everton weren't even bothering to mark him, he was in acres of space so got away with it. It often slowed our attack though. 

29 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Class is permanent, he'll get back to his best at some point.

I'd have Jota in our first choice front three for the next few games though. He looks sensational but he's not going to show it properly only playing the final 15 minutes of every game. 

it's not though, is it?

44 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Class is permanent, he'll get back to his best at some point.

I'd have Jota in our first choice front three for the next few games though. He looks sensational but he's not going to show it properly only playing the final 15 minutes of every game. 

If that was true Kenny would still be strutting his stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

His great games are few and far between.

He literally moves like a tank nowadays. He never looks sharp and hasn't done for most of this year. Jota has shown up him up big time (not just his goals, his all round play). You would have thought that Jota displacing him in the first team would have snapped him into action.

I honestly don't know what he adds to the team any more because he gives the ball away so much.

There was an attack late in the first half where he had runners to his right and the ball was on to them. He then bizarrely decided to shoot from a ridiculous distance and then literally just fluffed the shot and gave the ball back to Fulham.

I know most of the team didn't play well today, but have lots of credit built up to have an off day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Love Bobby but he can't be a starter for us for much longer. His best attribute was bringing the best out of Mane and Salah but he's not been able to do that for a while. A real shame that Jota is injured, it means we are stuck with Bobby for a while longer now when he should really be on the bench.

• Downvote 1