You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’d have him gone at Easter in all honesty, but he always manages to turn it around before the months out.

Yeah looked dead and buried on day and 3 days later right as rain. 

Very much one for the malingering bastards thread. Not turned up in nearly 2000 years either. Still plays more than Phillip Degen mind

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You know, we idolise these men every week, yet the minute some find out they have a different set of spiritual beliefs, they’re somehow less as a man. 

Just like everyone else, I’ve no real idea about the reality we live in, how it came about, why it’s here instead of nothing, if there is or isn’t a creator, but I do know that judging somebody else because they’ve come to a different conclusion isn’t the best look. Insults even less so. 

We are all just trying to find our way in this universe, trying to work out what is going on. If these guys choose to express that this way, why are they less than anybody else? 

Very well said that man, totally agree.

Although home baptism isn't high on my agenda (swimming pool out of commission atm) I find nothing weird about that vid. Conversely, I take some comfort and I'm galvanised by it's demonstration of our lads' commitment to one another, going far beyond the boundaries of the pitch. Alisson weeping there shows me that he'd stand in battle alongside Bobby and Fab and the rest of his team mates. Fuck me, that's inspirational.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Anyway, brilliant footballers and seemingly nice people. That’s more than enough for me to be thankful for nd to earn my respect. 

Very much this. Sure as hell beats some bellend singing about beans or giving it the old ‘don’t you know who I am’ while pretending to be Captain Haircut.

• Upvote 1

You know, we idolise these men every week, yet the minute some find out they have a different set of spiritual beliefs, they’re somehow less as a man. 

Just like everyone else, I’ve no real idea about the reality we live in, how it came about, why it’s here instead of nothing, if there is or isn’t a creator, but I do know that judging somebody else because they’ve come to a different conclusion isn’t the best look. Insults even less so. 

We are all just trying to find our way in this universe, trying to work out what is going on. If these guys choose to express that this way, why are they less than anybody else? 

Dave, I thought you said you were going to bin off this Scientologist loon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Haven't you heard?

There is a right and wrong to everything.

Religious belief - or "faith" by its more sinister, less noncey euphemism - is wrong.

99% of scientists agree on this apparently.

• 3 weeks later...

I really have to take my hat off to the pissed up cunt; he's been red hot over the last 6 weeks.

The understanding the 3 forwards have formed that 1 will carry the can, when the other 2 are not quite at their best is remarkable; not only in the sense that it massively goes against 100+ years of being a striker, but their commitment to each other.

And for Bobby to time his run into form for the period where we've traditionally slumped is just perfect - he's wrapped up the world club up and the title. As amazing as he's been, he's never been as good as this, and for a number 9 to get 3 assists... The man has utterly revolutionised the position.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I really have to take my hat off to the pissed up cunt; he's been red hot over the last 6 weeks.

The understanding the 3 forwards have formed that 1 will carry the can, when the other 2 are not quite at their best is remarkable; not only in the sense that it massively goes against 100+ years of being a striker, but their commitment to each other.

And for Bobby to time his run into form for the period where we've traditionally slumped is just perfect - he's wrapped up the world club up and the title. As amazing as he's been, he's never been as good as this, and for a number 9 to get 3 assists... The man has utterly revolutionised the position.

Klopp turned Lewandowski into a new type of striker and goal machine and has revolutionised the role once again with Firmino.