You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

He's a good footballer and all that but I think it's unacceptable that he's been here for this long and still hasn't learnt the English language.

What are these players doing after training during the week that they can't learn the language of the country they have chosen to live in?

It's stuff like this that has driven the majority to vote for Brexit and people like Firmino and Aguero should have a long, hard look at themselves. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Carradona said:

He's a good footballer and all that but I think it's unacceptable that he's been here for this long and still hasn't learnt the English language.

What are these players doing after training during the week that they can't learn the language of the country they have chosen to live in?

It's stuff like this that has driven the majority to vote for Brexit and people like Firmino and Aguero should have a long, hard look at themselves. 

How do you know he can't speak English mate? Maybes he just doesn't feel confident enough to use the language in a live interview where any little misunderstanding is turned into a major story. 

23 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

How do you know he can't speak English mate? Maybes he just doesn't feel confident enough to use the language in a live interview where any little misunderstanding is turned into a major story. 

Or maybe he thinks the British press are a bunch of cunts and he doesn't want to answer the question "how do you feel after scoring a goal/winning/losing/etc"* every week. 

*delete as appropriate

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Carradona said:

You almost had me until the last paragraph! Quality tribute to the comments section of a particularly horrific newspaper. 

I’d say there’s an argument for starting him in every game.

The difference he made when he came on yesterday was remarkable and it isn’t the first time it’s happened.

I don’t like having to chase a game against any team, so he could always be withdrawn if and when we get a couple of goals to the good.

The big danger for me isn’t overplaying him, as he always seems to have time and space even in the tightest situations, a true sign of a class player, but if others should target him and try to take him out.