You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

He's bang out of form, and has been a liability for most of the season.  If he's not contributing, he shouldn't be in the team.  Same as anyone. 

I think that’s a fair assessment. I’d give Origi or Sturridge a go myself.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think that’s a fair assessment. I’d give Origi or Sturridge a go myself.

Sturridge had a go. He was shit. But look, Firmino is having to drop deep because that’s the job the manager wants from him. The idea that either of those two could do that job is mince. I’d just play Bobby as a 9. As a 10 with nobody in front of him centrally, he’s being wasted. 

• Upvote 1

Obviously it seems that Klopp sees him as integral, indeed, the front 3 is integral, not so much because of their scoring but because of their pressing and how it impacts the rest of the team's performance.

Beggars the question that if Firmino or either of the other two aren't pressing enough, then they're tired and need replacing out for a week or two.  I don't see why they necessarily have to be forwards that replace them, IF its the energy and fitness level that are most important to Klopp. 

Why not bring Lallana in to do Firmino's job for two games?  Or why not Moreno for Salah? Or Keita for Mane? 

We're only talking about a rest here. 

On 12/5/2018 at 10:42 AM, Don Balon said:

Obviously it seems that Klopp sees him as integral, indeed, the front 3 is integral, not so much because of their scoring but because of their pressing and how it impacts the rest of the team's performance.

Beggars the question that if Firmino or either of the other two aren't pressing enough, then they're tired and need replacing out for a week or two.  I don't see why they necessarily have to be forwards that replace them, IF its the energy and fitness level that are most important to Klopp. 

Why not bring Lallana in to do Firmino's job for two games?  Or why not Moreno for Salah? Or Keita for Mane? 

Lallana last for 2 games ?  What alternate universe is this going to happen in ?  Moreno for Robbo I can get, but for Salah ?

Eh ?

On 12/5/2018 at 11:42 AM, Don Balon said:

Agreed. Why not bring in Phil Babb to do VVD's job for a few games. Or replace Alisson with a small bag of Haribo?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nobody popped in to congratulate themselves on replacing Bobby with Sturridge or Origi who contribute little before he comes on and scores with his first touch. He's rubbish,a liability,etc,etc.

A fire up the arse etc.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:42 AM, Don Balon said:

This would work in the Upside Down.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:11 PM, VladimirIlyich said:

Nobody popped in to congratulate themselves on replacing Bobby with Sturridge or Origi who contribute little before he comes on and scores with his first touch. He's rubbish,a liability,etc,etc.

that's obviously the secret.  H'es been doing fuck all when on from the start.  bring him on as a sub and he's raring to go.