You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

7 minutes ago, Mr pink said:

Not sure moving position is going to suddenly make him pass to his team mates again. Is it time to be worried about that horrific eye injury. Momo Sissoko was never the same after his

Momo was out for months. Bobby was out for about three days. Not sure you’re comparing like with like there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fucking hell!

There could be some truth in what he says though. Just look at the protective eye wear he has to have on while he plays...

He is probably just knackered after last seasons efforts, losing the CL final and having the world cup too. I read somewhere that he's played a massive amount of games compared to his peers. It is possible it has just taken its toll. Regardless, he needs to be back in the CF spot through the middle. Not doing anyone any good playing him elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

Firmino has 3 goals in the league this year.  By the way, all of his goals have come away from home.

The main strikers for Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Bournemouth, Brighton, Fulham, Everton, Leicester, Man United, West Ham, Southampton, all have more goals than the main striker for Liverpool.

It’s not often that a main striker for a top team does this.  At the current rate, he’s on course for an 8 goal season in the league.

I look around Europe and the top teams have a top striker doing numbers right now, yet again, as top teams do year on year.

Dortmund – Alcacer 10 goals

Bayern – Lewandowski 7 goals

Arsenal – Aubemayang 10 goals

City – Aguero 8 goals

Spurs – Kane 8 goals

United – Lukaku 5 goals

Barca – Messi 9 goals

Madrid  - Benzema 5 goals

Sevilla – Andre Silva 8 goals

Juventus – Ronaldo 10 goals

Inter – Icardi 8 goals

Napoli – Milik 5 goals

Milan – Higuain 5 goals

PSG – Cavani 9 goals

And yes, there are other players in those teams still scoring goals, more than the number 9 in some cases, but the baseline for the number 9 remains high, regardless if Neymar, or MBappe, or Suarez, or Sterling, or Reus, or Insigne, or Mertens, or Dembele, or Coutinho, or Hazard, or Martial, or Lacazette, or Pedro, or Sane, etc are scoring goals as well, which they are.

• Upvote 1

I'd have more faith in Firmino turning things around than Salah.

A few goals aside, Salah's been generally awful all season. Never seems to win a one-on-one or a physical battle any more. Could be down to a variety of reasons. He quite rightly has built up a lot of credit, but he pissed me off for the first time with his slow walk on Sunday when he was subbed. 

51 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I'd have more faith in Firmino turning things around than Salah.

A few goals aside, Salah's been generally awful all season. Never seems to win a one-on-one or a physical battle any more. Could be down to a variety of reasons. He quite rightly has built up a lot of credit, but he pissed me off for the first time with his slow walk on Sunday when he was subbed. 

I think he's labouring next to Firmino, and he's not getting midfielders coming through to help him make space.  I'd be pissed off too. 

That said, I wish he'd stop trying to recreate the Roma goal every time he gets the ball on the edge of the area.  Every defender knows what he's trying to do, bit like Robben, albeit Robben takes a fraction less time to hit the ball.