You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

That goal he scored reminded me of Suarez . Twisting and turning ; buying himself half a yard and then slotting it in the back of the net through a crowd of players with the keeper helpless .........clinical and brilliant.

Also is it just me but I've noticed every time he scores he goes to remove his shirt and then he suddenly remembers that he will be carded and pushes his top back down .  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dylstar said:

Also is it just me but I've noticed every time he scores he goes to remove his shirt and then he suddenly remembers that he will be carded and pushes his top back down .  

It's just part of the celebration now. He will lift his shirt up a bit then wave his finger. Never gets old.

firminofinger.jpg

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Don Balon said:

Big shout to put him on the subs bench a bit.

Players capable of coming off the bench and win games are like gold.  I think we saw the best from Sturridge when starting, he's usually not great off the bench.

If Don Balon, the publication, were a poster...

In the last 2 seasons he's kicked on massively, he's always been a talented player but he'd often go missing and didn't score enough but he's matured into a superb, complete forward.

People where worried when Coutinho left as he tended to play his best football with him but if anything he's better without him.

17 hours ago, Heinze said:

It's just part of the celebration now. He will lift his shirt up a bit then wave his finger. Never gets old.

firminofinger.jpg

Yeah I think a year or two ago he actually followed through and took the shirt off, probably not realising he'd get booked. 

Now he does it to take the piss. 

Pretty much all of his celebrations are taking the piss really. 

I bet when he was told he was being benched he was gutted that he might not have the perfect opportunity to do his one eyed celebration. 

All was good in the end though, I love the mad bastard, he's like a less angry Suarez, with better teeth. 

• 1 month later...

Something is off about Bobby, has been for a month or so.

Not massively off, he's not rubbish or anything. Just that his first touch and his decision-making on the break has been about 5 or 10% down from what we know he's capable of.

Saw it against Huddersfield and again today. Hope he can shake it off soon. Not that it's super-worrying, but it's just odd to see him looking laboured or to see a first touch bounce off him.

47 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Something is off about Bobby, has been for a month or so.

Not massively off, he's not rubbish or anything. Just that his first touch and his decision-making on the break has been about 5 or 10% down from what we know he's capable of.

Saw it against Huddersfield and again today. Hope he can shake it off soon. Not that it's super-worrying, but it's just odd to see him looking laboured or to see a first touch bounce off him.

He started last season slowly aswell didn't he?. He'll bang in a couple against Arsenal next week just wait and see.  He tends to get going November onwards.  

On 9/21/2018 at 7:07 PM, Aventus said:

Yeah I think a year or two ago he actually followed through and took the shirt off, probably not realising he'd get booked. 

Now he does it to take the piss. 

Pretty much all of his celebrations are taking the piss really. 

I bet when he was told he was being benched he was gutted that he might not have the perfect opportunity to do his one eyed celebration. 

All was good in the end though, I love the mad bastard, he's like a less angry Suarez, with better teeth. 

I think he should wear a t shirt underneath with a photo of him taking his shirt off and when he scores just raise his top to show the photo of him removing his top without actually doing it.

• Upvote 2