You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Good goal but he was poor mate.

Disagree actually, I thought his general play was good considering he dropped deep a lot. Lots of people talking about Alisson but really, today was a mix of two things. First, it’s a tactical mistake because their 5 easily bossed our 3. That can be dealt with if your three are really dynamic, but playing Hendo and Milner against a five is bad news.

1 goal and 2 assists in 4 games after a World Cup summer. You wish there was a problem but the answer is an emphatic "no".

This

He will come good

A few of the world cup players have had a slow start. Better off form now than in tbe final stretch.

Disagree actually, I thought his general play was good considering he dropped deep a lot. Lots of people talking about Alisson but really, today was a mix of two things. First, it’s a tactical mistake because their 5 easily bossed our 3. That can be dealt with if your three are really dynamic, but playing Hendo and Milner against a five is bad news.

Not sure how you can think he played well, he lost the ball pretty much every time he had it. I think he's a wonderful player but this season he looks a yard off the pace.

Not sure how you can think he played well, he lost the ball pretty much every time he had it. I think he's a wonderful player but this season he looks a yard off the pace.

Agree that he doesn’t look like did, he isn’t up to speed etc, I’m saying that all things considered, I think his general contribution was good. Certainly enough to warrant inclusion. He did stuff that didn’t come off, I was of course watching the same game as you, but I’m taking into account we needed him to drop deep and he still scored a goal.

Way off his best form still, due to the WC and the fact that Klopp has put them through tough sessions the last weeks to prepare for a long season.

Still managed to get a goal, and worked hard as usual even if his contribution in possession was poor.

Dug deep when he chased one of their defenders to force a bad pass in the 95th minute, which is what you always get from Bobby.

Spending the whole game playing long balls to isolated forwards will certainly cause this.

This. Can people not understand the circumstances that cause players to look bad? The context of the game meant he was fighting against multiple defenders just to help get us past the centre line. Forwards are rarely going to look good in those situations and it means many lost balls. I think he was decent given the circumstances and he scored. 

What’s special about the Firmino, Mane & Salah synergy, is that one of them always steps up when the other two are maybe ‘not quite on song’

Salah missed a sitter today - I actually wonder he didn’t take it with his right foot - but there was Mane with a perfect finish. In another game, it might have been the reverse.

Firmino’s efforts in the first half, generally, bore no fruit, however, we were still 1-0 up - then bingo - 2-0 - everything comes together from the corner. That’s quality.

Out of the three today, Mane probably shone - but equally we’ve seen Firmino and Salah step up when Mane’s not quite had it together.

I remember a certain Torres have quiet games only to puncture the net with a perfect shot at the right moment and change everything.

This game was not Firmino’s usual top notch effort, but he’s a vital part of the striking chemistry that I wouldn’t see us without.

Oh, definitely not at his best. But a goal and general play add up to d cent inclusion. Lots of posters looking for problems and places to have a pop. Joyless lot.

Says the guy moaning about Henderson elsewhere.

For some reason, you seem to group every single other person here together as a single entity and complain about the negativity, when in reality it is just a big group of individuals maybe complaining about one or two different things each. 

But you seem to only be able to grant yourself the right to criticize one or two players, because you seem to get off on the idea that you are the only reasonable poster in a sea of psychotically angry LFC haters.

• 3 weeks later...