You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

It seems every so often a player comes along who is not universally rated or acknowledged outside of his club yet is a class above lesser players bigged up by the tv and sports pages. Bobby is that player. I do not get how he did not make the PFA Team of the Year. Not even recognised by his fellow pros. Does not really matter as I am sure Bobby knows how much we rate him.

We've got the most productive front three in the world. We need a forward who can match their level and play all three forward positions, not a traditional #9 who stays up top.

There's always a case to be made for a plan b in theory, but in reality it rarely works. That is, unless we can find a true #9 with the technique and mobility to keep up with our other forwards, but I don't think that player really exists.

It's a bit misleading to post that without mentioning that those strikers routinely clock those kind of numbers over the years where as 27 goals is more than Firmino scored in the last two seasons combined.

He's been excellent this year and deserves credit for taking his game to a much higher level.

This. The smug posts are a little tiresome. He wasn't getting enough goals as our #1 striker for a good while. Not if we ever wanted to win/compete. He always offered the skill and tenacity, leading from the front though. He and the front 3 as a unit are fit and firing and it's excellent to watch.

Long may it continue.

Even if he did exist I do not think he would sit on the bench and wait for scraps and the odd games like Ings and Solanke have to.

They sit on the bench every game because they aren't close to the quality of the main 3.

We sign somebody who is a little bit more competitive in that regard and he'll see more game time than those two.

They sit on the bench every game because they aren't close to the quality of the main 3.

We sign somebody who is a little bit more competitive in that regard and he'll see more game time than those two.

Yes, of course they are not the quality of the front 3. But the idea you can get another striker anywhere near the quality of the front 3 who does not expect to play every week is fanciful. I do not know why people keep trying to suggest it is feasible.

Yes, of course they are not the quality of the front 3. But the idea you can get another striker anywhere near the quality of the front 3 who does not expect to play every week is fanciful. I do not know why people keep trying to suggest it is feasible.

Hoping you’ll ever actually read a post and shut the fuck up is fanciful.

How can every top club in Europe have better subs than us and keep them happy.

Shut up you boring tit.

• Upvote 4

Hoping you’ll ever actually read a post and shut the fuck up is fanciful.

How can every top club in Europe have better subs than us and keep them happy.

Shut up you boring tit.

Oh and who made you the forum policeman. Boring gobshite.

What other better clubs than us are in the CL semi finals. I will wait.

Yeah well we all ignore supercilious cunts like you who think they are self important of an internet forum they do not run.

Superlicious? Fucking give over you tit.

You’re the prick that refuses to accept we could have better back up for the front 3 than a cripple and a fucking kid.

And repeat it constantly. And constantly.

• Upvote 1

To be fair LF it’s possible the reason we’ve got the best front 3 in the game is because they all start near enough every game. Buying another top draw striker might sound good on paper but rock the boat in reality.

Options!

Rotation!

Injury!

We could easily end up not winning the CL and out of it entirely next season because we don’t have a proper squad.

• Upvote 1

So what's the solution then?

Don't bother trying to recruit any decent forwards, just keep all our fingers crossed and hope the current 3 can play every minute of every game without fatigue or injury?

We don't need to buy the top tier players, just a decent one that can slot in without causing our entire forward line to go to shit, maybe one versatile enough to also play in midfield so they are still able to get plenty of minutes.

We clearly have room in the squad and we would play others if they were any good.

Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Solanke - that's 4 players who offer nothing.  If they were half decent our forwards would be getting rested and the absolutely ridiculous arguments about not messing up the team/making them unhappy/they wont come and sit on the bench etc etc would be put to bed.

It is okay to want another striker, Bobby won't cry.  

Salah and Mane can cope with competition too.

People want us to push on next year and we must buy lots of quality to challenge on all fronts.

• Upvote 1

Edin Dzeko as a back up?

Yea, cos he's exactly like our front 3. Not even a good plan B cos Klopp will never play that way. Hate to say it, but an Ings type player is what we will get as a backup striker. May even be him. I can see us getting another pacey winger type. We've seen how effective we are with that approach.