You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

He's red hot right now. A creator and a scorer, an interesting striker and I'm loving his work at the minute. Maybe Klopp was right when he said he was the most underrated player going around.

Last season I was thinking he isn't a striker, we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but at the moment I'm thinking he's a great fucking striker for the way we want to play. Go on with your bad self Bobby.

He's red hot right now. A creator and a scorer, an interesting striker and I'm loving his work at the minute. Maybe Klopp was right when he said he was the most underrated player going around.

Last season I was thinking he isn't a striker, we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole but at the moment I'm thinking he's a great fucking striker for the way we want to play. Go on with your bad self Bobby.

I think that much has been clear for a lot longer than this season. Baffling people were asking for Sturridge and Origi when we had one of the best attacks in the league last year.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Lets be honest if Real PSG Barcelona Bayern Juve or City came in for any of our top players those players would want to leave. I do not know why people kid themselves none of our players would turn down such a move. Even if we had won 2 or 3 premier league titles or won the champions league again they would still want to go.

• Downvote 1

Lets be honest if Real PSG Barcelona Bayern Juve or City came in for any of our top players those players would want to leave. I do not know why people kid themselves none of our players would turn down such a move. Even if we had won 2 or 3 premier league titles or won the champions league again they would still want to go.

This is because players in general are greedy bastards and we dont pay anywhere near what other top clubs do. Its also more prevalent when you have players with few ties to the club and goes back to another one of our expensive flops,The Academy.

I don't think anyone does kid themselves that they won't leave.  

Lets be honest. If we said we would pay them as much as Barca or Real PSG then they wouldn't have a problem.

Lets not start to pretend that footballers value anything more than money. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Yup, the big teams pay the going rate for players and eventually rise to the top.

His workrate is a bit special. You look at his tats and teeth and hair and dress sense and Instagram nonsense and you assume he's just a fancy twat who's up his own arse. But then, week in week out, he puts in such a shift doing the unglamorous stuff as well as the magic that you can forgive everything.

• Upvote 7

Agree with the above. He's got a fantastic attitude towards playing and I can never question his effort as he always puts a shift in.

I thought he was fantastic today. Never stopped. He was everywhere, running them ragged.

Should have put that chance away though, as a goal was the only thing missing from a top class display today.

Guest Pistonbroke

Had an average game at times today but was tracking back and breaking up their play all the time, when he turned it on it led to danger and he was unplayable at times. Him Mane and Salah give us so many options that defenders get pulled all over the place.