You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Liverpool FC are on the brink of signing Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, that's according to widespread reports in the player's homeland today.

Globosporte are leading on the story that the Reds are set to beat Manchester United to the signature of the sought-after Hoffenheim forward.

They report that the Reds need only to agree a deal with Hoffenheim for the 23-year-old, and say a fee will be no less than 25m euros.

They also reckon Firmino will sign a five-year contract with the Reds.

Firmino is currently away with Brazil at the Copa America, where he scored the winner against Venezuela on Sunday. He moved to the Bundesliga in 2011, scoring 35 goals in 140 appearances for Hoffenheim.

The player's agent indicated that his client would certainly leave Germany this summer, with the Premier League his likely destination.

Liverpool FC are on the brink of signing Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, that's according to widespread reports in the player's homeland today.

Globosporte are leading on the story that the Reds are set to beat Manchester United to the signature of the sought-after Hoffenheim forward.

They report that the Reds need only to agree a deal with Hoffenheim for the 23-year-old, and say a fee will be no less than 25m euros.

They also reckon Firmino will sign a five-year contract with the Reds.

Firmino is currently away with Brazil at the Copa America, where he scored the winner against Venezuela on Sunday. He moved to the Bundesliga in 2011, scoring 35 goals in 140 appearances for Hoffenheim.

The player's agent indicated that his client would certainly leave Germany this summer, with the Premier League his likely destination.

I can see one small problem...

• Upvote 6

Is globo esporte a reliable source or is it the express of Brazil?

They are "apparently" the Brazilian version of the BBC and only report deals when they have good solid links and know they are true.

I've also read that the journalists reporting this are the same ones who are covering the Brazlian camp during the Copa America 

I d be delighted with him lacazette or bacca.

Is he a striker though

I've seen him play a handful of times, only once as a striker for Brazil. He's an attacking midfielder, one we should've got instead of Lallana. He would be a good replacement for Sterling. We would still need a striker though.

I've never seen this cat play, not even watched any youtube clips of him (although I'm just about to). When people say he's an attacking midfielder, are we talking a number 10 or someone who can play in a midfield three as the box to box guy? Can he play wide in front three or a 4-2-3-1?

Struggling to see where he fits in with Coutinho and maybe Lallana too, as ideally I wouldn't want either of those two playing wide.

If he can play to a good level as a striker then that's where I'd probably want to see him.

• Upvote 1

There's no way we're signing him. Not a fucking chance that'll happen.

I would never have even heard of him but for posts from yourself and a few others over the last couple of years saying we should sign him (apologies if he wasn't one of yours, I know I've seen his name on here a lot and thought you were one banging the drum for him).

So, leaving aside the probability we won't sign him, can you fill me in on him by answering my questions in the previous post?

They are "apparently" the Brazilian version of the BBC and only report deals when they have good solid links and know they are true.

I've also read that the journalists reporting this are the same ones who are covering the Brazlian camp during the Copa America

I got negged for posting their story last week when they first broke the news, when it broke yesterday everyone was saying they are the most reliable source on Brazil.

This is another example of how easy it is to fake being an itk, when we were linked I guessed it was true as Sterling was leaving and could have pretended I knew for a fact we are getting him.On twitter it's even easier as I see the itks saying we are in for players a few minutes after a journo has reported it yet some fans believe the itks got it from their own sources.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3