You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst of the TLW Era - You Decide: Goalkeepers

tlw content

I thinking Padelli is unfair. Played 1 match only because we rested players ahead of the CL final. Patrice Luzi Played 13 mins as a sub... worse goalie than Padelli. He could Also been nominated then. For me it has to be Itandje. His crappiness on the pitch only beaten by his cuntishness off.

Definitely Charlie boy. Padelli only gave us one game of ineptness but Itandje stole a living here the twat.

I don't mind Brad tbh. Seems well liked and respected by the squad and had some positive moments (pen save v Blackburn just after his son passed away and the Semi Final v the blues. He's never good enough of course but he's nowhere near as bad as the others and he's not a cunt like Itandje.

I thinking Padelli is unfair. Played 1 match only because we rested players ahead of the CL final. Patrice Luzi Played 13 mins as a sub... worse goalie than Padelli. He could Also been nominated then. For me it has to be Itandje. His crappiness on the pitch only beaten by his cuntishness off.

Thought about putting Luzi in but he didn't start a single game and he actually did alright in the 13 minutes he did play. Didn't see the point in including him.

Nothing for Doni getting a red card in one of his 4 appearances for the club? The same game Jones then saved the pen before giving away another pen and almost a red card before big Andy saved the day? 

And all because Pepe had been sent off against Newcastle. Crazy game. 

Tough one - in fact this is going to be tough in almost every position and there are going to be a lot of candidates.

I went for Jones in this one. I don't think he was actually that much worse than the other two but he played more games so in a weird way, that makes him worse for me as I can't believe he managed to stay here for 5 seasons.

Sound bloke and everything but never good enough for us.

Pretty sure I remember reading on here before that Itandje turned up for training on his first day without boots. Along with acting the twat at the hillsborough memorial service there is only one option.

Yeah that's true, it was me who posted it. No boots or gloves.

Thought about putting Luzi in but he didn't start a single game and he actually did alright in the 13 minutes he did play. Didn't see the point in including him.

Agree... my point was that Padelli's one match also was too little to lump him in with Itandje.  

Then again, Padelli's recent moment of madness ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-A2gmkvkU ) proves he's still crap, and that alone may justify his inclusion.

The Padelli signing in itself was bizarre. A mid season loan deal for a keeper who was 3rd choice behind Reina and Dudek. At the time we also had a young David Martin who was a year older than Padelli but he never made it despite spending another couple of years with us, Martin was actually on the bench when Padelli played.

9 of the outfield players that day were first teamers who would play in Athens a couple of weeks later and the other was Fowler in his last appearance. 

Almost like we were doing someone a favour in bringing him in.

I don't recall the Padelli match at all.

Jones was quite poor, but no more terrifyingly awful than some others who didn't make the cut.  I'd put him in the same league as, say, Carson or Doni.

Itandje allowed Havant and Waterlooville to score twice at Anfield.  And he's a grotesque thundercunt. 

• Upvote 2

Jones was quite poor, but no more terrifyingly awful than some others who didn't make the cut.  I'd put him in the same league as, say, Carson or Doni.

No chance. Carson was a significantly better keeper than Jones, and Doni was light years ahead. 

Five years ago (near the peak for both players - late 20s) Doni was first choice for Roma, Jones was second choice for Championship Middlesbrough.

Italy Line-up

G

1 Gianluigi Buffon

D

4 Matteo Darmian

D

5 Davide Astori

D

15 Lorenzo De Silvestri

D

19 Leonardo Bonucci

M

6 Antonio Candreva

M

8 Claudio Marchisio

M

16 Marco Parolo

M

21 Andrea Pirlo

F

11 Stephan El Shaarawy

F

20 Graziano Pellé

Substitutes

G

12 Salvatore Sirigu

G

14 Daniele Padelli

D

2 Mattia De Sciglio

D

3 Emiliano Moretti

D

13 Andrea Ranocchia

D

23 Manuel Pasqual

M

7 Andrea Bertolacci

10 Franco Vázquez

M

17 Nicola Sansone

M

18 Roberto Soriano

F

9 Ciro Immobile

F

22 Manolo Gabbiadini

Italian lineup vs. Croatia on Friday.  Give the lad credit, he made the bench on a highly ranked national team.  Itandje for me.