Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 947 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

310 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

I voted leave.

Like it or not so did more people than you.

Seriously?

"You lost; get over it" is the shittest argument anyone could make right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Seriously?

"You lost; get over it" is the shittest argument anyone could make right now.

It's a ridiculous argument. Usually made by ridiculous people. And, it lends to the fallacy that all of the leave voters are a homogenous, in harmony chunk, all singing from the same hymn sheet. Some might have been leave at any cost, with no deal. Some might have wanted to leave but only with a deal, so now want to remain. Some might have been undecided about which way to go and may have voted leave but now want to remain. 

It was a fucking stupid thing to put to the public given the importance of the issue. But, as it is an important issue, and as leave is an option which could be implemented in several different ways, rather than the binary option that people had on their voting card, why not go back to the public and, not ask them again, but ask them a different question now more information is available? A leave with no deal, leave only with a deal (a deal which would be specified on the voting card) or remain referendum? 

The situation has changed. It's not out of the ordinary for people to change their minds when provided with more information. And it's not undemocratic to do so either. 

1 minute ago, Boss said:

1 million marched to stop the Iraq war and look where that got them. 

2 million. And I'd argue that the global anti-war movement led to Bush losing the mid-terms, which halted his plans to attack Iran. 

Anybody who expects any government to reverse its policy on the day of a march is a fucking idiot. And its fucking idiotic to judge protest marches as failures because they don’t instantly and directly achieve the thing that people are marching for.

But what would you know about the purpose of marches or petitions or any sort of popular show of dissent? You're far too cool and cynical for any of that shit.

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Tom Watson is at the march today. There’s a #revoketomwatson trending on twitter and a petition with 25k signatures asking for him to resign.  I thought a people’s vote was labour policy?  In the week 4m people sign the petition for a people’s vote...

Labour would prefer that people attend one of the many campaign events they've arranged for today.

32 minutes ago, Boss said:

Blair was a bit more secure than May is.

Anyway you scoff ,I’m glad I did it and got talking to so many decent people 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Anny Road said:

I voted leave.

A lot of them are a bit simple though mate, not including you in that . But plenty would believe the moon was made of green cheese if the mail or Express told them that.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

A lot of them are a bit simple though mate, not including you in that . But plenty would believe the moon was made of green cheese if the mail or Express told them that.

Selfish cunts voted leave , simple.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Anny Road said:

I voted leave.

Well said.  I was confused for a moment, and thought that more people had voted remain, but you've set the record straight. 

The poor 48% who get constantly ignored. How about the majority.

You know who in a democracy are the the winners.

Great point.

I voted leave.

Did you vote for no deal Brexit? Did you vote for May’s deal? Would you vote for no deal now?

4 hours ago, Boss said:

Yes. They couldn’t stop cunty behaviour either. 

I’m glad you’re a supporter of democracy. Now that we know the options and more about the impact of Brexit, I assume you support checking with the electorate in a democratic vote? You’d support a chance for people to change their mind? After all, democracy isn’t a one off event. 

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Did you vote for no deal Brexit? Did you vote for May’s deal? Would you vote for no deal now?

I've already tried this.  He said something about Albanian farmers and then said he would vote leave again.

What have you won?