You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

What has changed to allow her to bring MV3 after the speaker said she couldn't ?

Nothing, but the speaker didn't confirm the ruling, he merely indicated he may rule in that direction. If the will of the house was for a vote, which it will be, then he won't block it (in my opinion, could be wrong).

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

So now that the deadline has been extended to April 12th, assuming she fails with MV3 next week, what is to stop her bringing back MV4 on April 9th?

She can bring back her stupid vote as many times as she wants but now more and more people realise the mistake of Voting Leave in the first place, don't get a chance to vote again.

May is a fucking stupid bitch, I can't stand the cunt. She's the female Roy Hodgson, she'll be claiming her deal is "Brexit Utopia" and Brussels are "Formidable Opponents" next.

Why can't she just accept her deal is shit, a no deal is even worse and just scrap it?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, F*ck Off said:

Desperation, that's what it looks like.

Desperation is exactly what it is. And frustration. They are worried the country is about to go down the shitter and are expressing their fears in the only way they know how. It won't get anywhere but there is nothing wrong with it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Desperation is exactly what it is. And frustration. They are worried the country is about to go down the shitter and are expressing their fears in the only way they know how. It won't get anywhere but there is nothing wrong with it.

If it was limited to just people with a vote in the UK I would agree totally, but it isn't. I do remember when online petitions were scorned on here, and rightly so.

I'm not disagreeing it's all a shit sandwich and that people are desperate though, that much us obvious. 

31 minutes ago, M_B said:

So now that the deadline has been extended to April 12th, assuming she fails with MV3 next week, what is to stop her bringing back MV4 on April 9th?

Isn't this essentially one and the same thing? After the deal has been rejected, UK has to confirm it will hold EU elections and ask for a much longer extension to negotiate the new deal and stay in the EU until at least 2022 or 2023, including the trade deal negotiation and transition period.

Surely this will happen before the last day of the deadline?

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Isn't this essentially one and the same thing? After the deal has been rejected, UK has to confirm it will hold EU elections and ask for a much longer extension to negotiate the new deal and stay in the EU until at least 2022 or 2023, including the trade deal negotiation and transition period.

Surely this will happen before the last day of the deadline?

It'll be like transfer deadline day, all be left to the last minute.

May is the purple dildo.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It'll be like transfer deadline day, all be left to the last minute.

May is the purple dildo.

I don't think so, I think what the EU did yesterday was aimed to stop the running down the clock tactics, they are, after all, self-imposed deadlines so there is no need for midnight dramatics. They gave UK the shortest extension of two weeks to decide the future in the next three weeks, with three clear options.

2 hours ago, F*ck Off said:

People clinging to an online petition that is open to abuse via multiple votes, bots etc, that's pretty pathetic. Desperation, that's what it looks like. 

People stating they from Sourh Korea have signed it. Plus how many Mike Hunt’s or Stan Dare have signed it? 

2 hours ago, F*ck Off said:

If it was limited to just people with a vote in the UK I would agree totally, but it isn't. I do remember when online petitions were scorned on here, and rightly so.

I'm not disagreeing it's all a shit sandwich and that people are desperate though, that much us obvious. 

Doesn't seem right, isn't Hillsborough up in court at the moment partly thanks to an online petition?

I think it's a useful tool although they are ten a penny now, which lessens their impact somewhat.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Between that QT kid and the Scandi climate change striker, I think talking sense has become a new form of teenage rebellion.

Yep, crusty old xenophobic farts talking bollocks and destroying their kids and grand-kids futures shocker.  

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Speaking of crusty old xenophobic farts talking bollocks....

Wasn't the pop eyed gobshite quoting non existent polls which he couldn't name to support his claim most people just want no deal ? I wish few people actually dead in this world but the fact he walked away from that plane crash continues to rankle.

Jonathan Pie is the most sophisticated expression of British political confusion. Everything he says is right and wrong at the same time. Which may mean he's some kind of genius. But I suspect he's a right-winger / English nationalist consciously or unconsciously masquerading as a left-winger / liberal cosmopolitan...