You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Anubis said:

One source close to a cabinet minister said Downing Street was “run by lunatics” and blamed communications director Robbie Gibb for the decision to allow May to speak directly to the nation pitting MPs against the public.

Robbie Gibb can fuck off back to the Bee Gees. Thought he was dead anyway

Got "Staying Alive" running through my head now

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

I feel like things shouldn't be treated as black and white based off a single vote when it's so close. 

If it's an overwhelming majority then fair enough, but we probably need to ask additional questions to find out what people actually want from all of this. 

That should be obvious.  It's disturbing how the "we won, you lost" mantra and the idea that 51.9 rounds up to 100 are still fixed in people's minds.

25 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Exactly that stupid arrogant cunt Cameron was so full of himself he didn't lay down a requirement for a super majority . Thought he could allow the right wing of his party to dictate all the terms of the referendum because he thought he would win easily

The stupid arrogant cunt is the reason brexit even crossed the mind of anyone. 

I'm not sure of the exact details but I remember about a year or two before the referendum was announced that we were looking at trying to get a better deal with the EU to bring what we get out of it more in line with what we were putting in. Basically we wanted more influence and rights because we were a bigger contributor than most of the other countries. 

So we sent Cameron over to Brussels to sort out a deal and negotiate a bit, and he comes back with a shit deal that no one asked for and smugly tells everyone what a great job he's done.

We sent him to buy a table and he came back with a lampshade. 

After he rightly got a hammering and his ego was bruised he said well fuck yous then, if you aren't happy with my shit deal then leave Europe for all I care. 

Then set up this whole brexit business. (Sounds similar to what Teresa is doing right now, it's like poetry)