You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Just came in to post about the Banks/Lega Nord stuff. 

If that's true, that surely leaves only two options? Leave with no deal. Or for May to go rogue, call a national emergency and revoke Article 50. Troops on the street, the lot. 

Salvini will be getting wedge deposited in his bank account as we speak, from Banks via Moskva. We've been infiltrated. It actually is a national emergency which requires brave leadership. 

But, no doubt we'll end up with May trying to force through her deal again. 

1 hour ago, Anny Road said:

We were told that the day after a leave result we would be plunged into depression and an emergency budget would be needed immediately.

We were also told that the day after a Leave vote the world would be beating a path to our door for trade deals. The difference is that the Leave lies were told consistently bý the Leave campaign; only scummy Tories were telling that story you've cited.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If that's true, that surely leaves only two options? Leave with no deal. Or for May to go rogue, call a national emergency and revoke Article 50. Troops on the street, the lot.

Or accept her deal.

I can't imagine Italy would block us. If its true, a good old bribe will unblock them.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

We were also told that the day after a Leave vote the world would be beating a path to our door for trade deals. The difference is that the Leave lies were told consistently bý the Leave campaign; only scummy Tories were telling that story you've cited.

Easiest trade negotiations ever. Done in an afternoon.

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Salvini will be getting wedge deposited in his bank account as we speak, from Banks via Moskva. We've been infiltrated. It actually is a national emergency which requires brave leadership. 

If Italy blocked it out of spite I'd say the repercussions for Italy and it's government will be swift and severe. 

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The EU have worked as a block in all the negotiations that has been their strength.  I'd be surprised if that approached changed for something as insignificant as a short extension. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Italy used it as a bit of leverage with the EU then followed the consensus decision. I'd be more concerned about what we want to achieve with an extension. 

54 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Don't forget everything we know about Nessy. Don't think we've forgotten about that one.

That could be good too. They should just get a minister for the paranormal sorted anyway, make government a bit more interesting.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That could be good too. They should just get a minister for the paranormal sorted anyway, make government a bit more interesting.

It’s at least give us all something to argue about, mate. I’m sick of all this ‘yeah, Brexit has been handled poorly’ agreement. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m genuinely not convinced Michael Gove is human. Maybe RP can investigate. There is no way a human being can clap like he does in that gif of him.  100% a lizard in a skin suit.

He definitely seems off. I'm gonna guess he was one of the Greys in a Human suit with instructions to do something and part of a hive mind, but all the lobbyists that offered him money have gradually corrupted his programming and he's now turning into a total selfish cunt like so many other Tories.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

I’d rather someone twatted May over the head with it.

I want one of them to actually try and get it out of there by charging through a load of them standing near the exit, instead of just walking a few steps and then passing it back. If they're gonna pick it up in the first place they need to be serious about trying to get it out of there.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What next then? 

A motion with legislative backing to cancel the March 29th date? 

Because, as it stands, the act with the leaving date in it is still on the statute books and hasn't been revoked or superceded. 

Legally she can ignore this vote but it is highly unlikely. No deal is dead. Mays deal is dead. She has to resign.

• Upvote 1