You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I've swung back towards staying in. Its a big pile of bureaucratic shit though full to the beans of corrupt on the take corporate bastards but so is the UK parliament. I think either way it's all going to go massively tits up anyway. What will be will be. Think I'll look into being a corporate fascist henchman or a drone operator.

He's putting his heart and soul into it, now considering he put his dick in a pig it feels like a cheap statement.

Thinking of the whole pig thing these Tory fuckers are pure Teflon to the media worse than fucking a pig though is eating a hotdog in a bun with a knife and fork surely. He is our leader. Jesus titty fucking Christ.

Does anyone know how quickly funding for projects will stop? Just the mechanics of the timings is scary.

I asked someone who works in EU funding about this last summer. His understanding was that it wouldn't be affected, as the EU's budget has already been set through to 2020 (budget rounds last 7 years), with the previous Tory government having approved it. As the UK is a net contributor there's unlikely to be any pressure to cut us out of the arrangements.

The details will depend on what happens in the exit negotiations if we leave. If the EU plays hardball over grants to the UK I'm sure the Tories will be prepared to have places like Liverpool and South Wales cut out, as long as safe Tory and marginal areas don't lose out.

Be careful what you wish for, any breakup is painful, a 40 yr one even more so.

Does anyone know how quickly funding for projects will stop? Just the mechanics of the timings is scary.

Well, with £350m a week no longer winging its way to the EU's coffers and us no longer having a defecit with it, funding for projects shouldnt have to stop. In fact more projects could be started than there are now!

The EU is supposed to be this massive 'one size fits all' club. I dont see any sensible reason to be in any club where you can say, I'll ignore this bit in full, I'll ignore parts of these bits I dont like and I'll tell the other members I like this bit while quietly ignoring them completely.

• Upvote 2

You would be mad to think a UK government would plough that money back into society. It will be syphoned to another one of their troughs the corrupt fucks. I've little trust in our current system.

It would be nice if the media could actually do a job and inform the population just for once based on truth and real reasoning, all the facts for and all the facts against and trust people to at least make a vote knowing they have been given real information not based of fear mongering or hate. Fuck all the opinion pieces off that have very little foundation, make sure every article is backed up with real evidence. It's madness that media barons get this insane freedom to push an agenda and don't have to back it up. All this recent hate and divisions that seem to of flared up more than ever is almost entirely in my opinion media driven. I'd like to know that whichever way I voted it was for sound reasoning and not because i've been led down one path through my own ignorance, fears and prejudice.

Fucking media, its the become the enemy of reason.

• Upvote 3

Well, with £350m a week no longer winging its way to the EU's coffers and us no longer having a defecit with it, funding for projects shouldnt have to stop. In fact more projects could be started than there are now!

The EU is supposed to be this massive 'one size fits all' club. I dont see any sensible reason to be in any club where you can say, I'll ignore this bit in full, I'll ignore parts of these bits I dont like and I'll tell the other members I like this bit while quietly ignoring them completely.

Surely you can't think funding for EU projects would just be taken up by government? Especially on things like arts and stuff. This is the kind of 'unknown' that scares me.

What we've got ain't perfect but it's better than the unknown.

The Norwegians and the Swiss pay a shedload of cash for membership of EFTA and free access to the EU markets

If you think we'd stop paying all this money once we left you are living in dream land

You're even more delusional if you think the Tories would do anything with any excess cash other than give tax cuts to the rich

How old are you...do you not remember Thatcher?

• Upvote 2

The Norwegians and the Swiss pay a shedload of cash for membership of EFTA and free access to the EU markets

If you think we'd stop paying all this money once we left you are living in dream land

Correct.

Forgive me for the slight f**tb*ll analogy, but he's as deluded as someone who thinks that giving up his Anfield season ticket means he will be able to get free match tickets on an ad hoc basis.

You would be mad to think a UK government would plough that money back into society. It will be syphoned to another one of their troughs the corrupt fucks. I've little trust in our current system.

It would be nice if the media could actually do a job and inform the population just for once based on truth and real reasoning, all the facts for and all the facts against and trust people to at least make a vote knowing they have been given real information not based of fear mongering or hate. Fuck all the opinion pieces off that have very little foundation, make sure every article is backed up with real evidence. It's madness that media barons get this insane freedom to push an agenda and don't have to back it up. All this recent hate and divisions that seem to of flared up more than ever is almost entirely in my opinion media driven. I'd like to know that whichever way I voted it was for sound reasoning and not because i've been led down one path through my own ignorance, fears and prejudice.

Fucking media, its the become the enemy of reason.

Maybe it's not because of a lack of ignorance but because different people have different priorities? No one knows for sure what would happen and there are many scenarios. It's normal that you argue for your desired outcome and cherry pick the facts to support it. I'm sure there are plenty of fact-based guides around like this simple one on BBC News website which to me looks pretty informative and balanced.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32793642

People having different priorities is fine, people having different opinions is fine but when newspapers purposely try too hoodwink people because it suits their agenda it harms any kind of democratic decision making. The fact based guides need to be independent of in or out campaigns and reported /printed by every single news media outlet. You can be sure as ahit the daily mail which is one of the most viewed news sites on the planet will prey upon fear and prejudice and the other pro papers will use fear in a worst case scenario economic sense. I'd waffle more but I've gotta go the pub.

• Upvote 1