Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 843 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

267 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I absolutely detest what a lot of the EU is, with all of the lobbying and so on, but would be interested to see Corbyn in charge if we do end up staying in to whatever degree. He'd probably show a lot of those corporate bastards up for what they really are. If they could clear out the fucking lobbyists enough it could even be half functional.

The no confidence vote will be defeated. Whatever you want to say about the Tories, they'll never break rank when it comes to helping Labour. That leaves Corbyn ostensibly powerless.

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

The no confidence vote will be defeated. Whatever you want to say about the Tories, they'll never break rank when it comes to helping Labour. That leaves Corbyn ostensibly powerless.

Not sure what the point in it is really.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people misunderstand  “Hobsons’choice” 

That cunt Hobson can go in the summer

Corbyn instead of making May sit in the stench of her defeat until Monday gives her the chance to win the vote of no confidence and thereby giving the media chance to focus on that instead. She taunted him with it because she wanted him to bite and he did. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people misunderstand  “Hobsons’choice” 

You don’t have to understand Hobnobs choice to have a choice of hobnobs. He doesn’t like hobnobs. 

1 minute ago, Kieve Kev said:

Corbyn instead of making May sit in the stench of her defeat until Monday gives her the chance to win the vote of no confidence and thereby giving the media chance to focus on that instead. She taunted him with it because she wanted him to bite and he did. 

Is Grieves' amendment still in place? If so waiting for her to come back in 3 days was the time to put a vote of confidence motion on the table.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You don’t have to understand Hobnobs choice to have a choice of hobnobs. He doesn’t like hobnobs. 

But he is a hobnob

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kieve Kev said:

He didn’t bite, it would have been tactical. It’s either based on something that we don’t know or it’s fucking stupid. I fear the latter. 

4 minutes ago, Kieve Kev said:

If Corbyn didn’t call the vote of no confidence the SNP would have. 

He had no choice but to call it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Is Grieves' amendment still in place? If so waiting for her to come back in 3 days was the time to put a vote of confidence motion on the table.

I disagree. He was going to be slated if he didn’t call it, so calling it on the back of such a heavy defeat will at least show the DUP and Tories up for the hypocrites they are. On the back of a delay, in the run up to Christmas, with the vote still on the table, would have been pointless and to no effect.

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

He had had no choice but to call it. 

Fair enough, but it's a waste of time and gives the lying pricks a spin to come out with whenever they are questioned afterwards. 

'Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has now tabled a vote of no confidence in the government, which could trigger a general election.'

You surely can't get any more anti-Semitic than that? The media will crucify him.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Kieve Kev said:

Fair enough, but it's a waste of time and gives the lying pricks a spin to come out with whenever they are questioned afterwards. 

So why criticise him? 

A third of her own party don't back her as party leader or her Brexit deal. If they back her to be Prime Minister then they seriously risk a no deal. I don't see what the other option is?

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He didn’t bite, it would have been tactical. It’s either based on something that we don’t know or it’s fucking stupid. I fear the latter. 

How is it stupid? 

If he didnt call it the SNP would have and people would have criticised him for not calling it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He had no choice but to call it. 

Don’t really get this, why table it if it’s going to be defeated and what difference does it make if the SNP tabled it instead?

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

So why criticise him? 

I didn't realise it could be called by others, he's a prick but I'm not jumping on him now I know. If it could have been delayed the whole news cycle is on her and her massive defeat. Now it will be about her wonderful victory. And they have already started the spin of him being an opportunist.

It's infuriating that a bunch of cunts such as the tories do not face a competent opposition. 

• Downvote 1