You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Good one! So the EU and the Government don't even need to negotiate, just say they got a shit deal to force a second referendum.

Not like the EU haven't got form for pulling this type of shit until they get what they want.

No, the public, Parliament and the media could judge for themselves that it's shit if it clearly doesn't deliver the things that Leave promised in the campaign. E.g. if we have to keep on paying a big contribution to the EU budget and if we have significantly restricted access to the single market.

I voted out for none of reasons given earlier. I believe that the EU is doomed to fail the way it is with closer integration of economies and laws.It can never work in the way of the US which is essentially one culture whereas Europe is many. Empires usually fail and the UK will be better off looking in than out when it does.

There again I am a bit thick

Guest Pistonbroke

What makes anyone think leave voters are going to vote remain in a second referendum? Do the leave voters in this thread look like they're regretting how they voted?

A second referendum! Starting to get cringe worthy this, let it go!

So you don't hold much weight on polls and referendums yet you are now saying a handful of people on here are a measure of how leave voters are thinking?

Your dad wasted spunk on you. 

What makes anyone think leave voters are going to vote remain in a second referendum? Do the leave voters in this thread look like they're regretting how they voted?

A second referendum! Starting to get cringe worthy this, let it go!

Maybe, given the chance, people would vote for whatever deal the Tories are able to conclude. Why not have a Referendum to find out?

Don't you agree that the democratic thing to do would be to ask people what they want the UK's future relationship with the EU to be? People have never been asked that question: 17 million people said what they don't want; nobody was asked what they do want.

I voted out for none of reasons given earlier. I believe that the EU is doomed to fail the way it is with closer integration of economies and laws.It can never work in the way of the US which is essentially one culture whereas Europe is many. Empires usually fail and the UK will be better off looking in than out when it does.

There again I am a bit thick

Which laws do you want to see changed after Brexit?

I think it is very unfair to call leavers racists but they are all massive racists and would bring back slavery if they could. It's like a big scale reenactment of Germany in the 1930's and it won't be long until people are walking around with stars on and being forced out their homes and businesses.

• Upvote 1

Its my understanding that government subsidies would be illegal under WTO rules and invite the possibility of dumping or counterveilng duties  being imposed, The European Commission are shit hot on this sort of thing and any attempt by the British government to offset duties would be rapidly be found out by the European manufacturers and a complaint made, Its no wonder Theresa May wants to keep it all a big secret,  

Every other company will be looking for tax payer assistance now. Its a fucking joke and this is just the start; personally I cannot see any other outcome than this whole Brexit thing unraveling as there nit a chance in hell negotiations will remain secret, Leaks will be happening daily from the Europeans as they seek to undermine the Tories and public opinion will start to swing in the opposite direction to inflation, More and more sure we will get an early election now as May is going to find herself without a mandate to see this through, 

• Upvote 1

Here's a thought for anyone who poo-poos the idea of a referendum.

Imagine I run a hotel.  You and 10 of your mates check in.  As I'm showing you to your rooms, I'm complaining about the overpowering stink of porridge (which you hadn't noticed) and apologising that there's nothing I can do about it.  In your room, there's a complimentary Daily Mail with the headline "PORRIDGE CAUSES CANCER".  On a noticeboard outside your room is a sign saying that if our guests stopped eating porridge, we could afford to reduce bar prices by 10%.

The next morning, I ask who wants porridge for breakfast.  Four people say yes, five say no and two express no opinion either way.  10 minutes later, I return from the kitchen with 11 plates of my specialty - turds on toast.  If anyone complains that they were never told that that was the alternative - if anyone complains that they wanted muesli, or croissants, or a full English - I call them names and tell them to shut up and swallow the turds they've been given.

Would I be right to assume you'd be chowing down on the turds, njackets?

• Upvote 1

Imagine I run a hotel.  You and 10 of your mates check in.  As I'm showing you to your rooms, I'm complaining about the overpowering stink of porridge (which you hadn't noticed) and apologising that there's nothing I can do about it.  In your room, there's a complimentary Daily Mail with the headline "PORRIDGE CAUSES CANCER".  On a noticeboard outside your room is a sign saying that if our guests stopped eating porridge, we could afford to reduce bar prices by 10%.

The next morning, I ask who wants porridge for breakfast.  Four people say yes, five say no and two express no opinion either way.  10 minutes later, I return from the kitchen with 11 plates of my specialty - turds on toast.  If anyone complains that they were never told that that was the alternative - if anyone complains that they wanted muesli, or croissants, or a full English - I call them names and tell them to shut up and swallow the turds they've been given.

Its worth mentioning the food experts that said if you scrap porridge you'll get turds instead were dismissed as know nothing scaremongering

cunts. 

• Upvote 1

The tories are in power, I never voted for the cunts, but we've been chowing down on turd sandwiches since they've been in power.