You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He's not waffling he's answering the questions fully  on the EU. If he was asked questions on the Tory party I doubt he'd give them clean pass either. 

He's blaming Labour and the EU for the death of the trade union movement, he's blaming them for the disillusionment of the working class. He's got his target all wrong. 

I've just pointed out whats possible in the EU and once again you skim over that.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's blaming Labour and the EU for the death of the trade union movement, he's blaming them for the disillusionment of the working class. He's got his target all wrong. 

I've just pointed out whats possible in the EU and once again you skim over that.

Frances national rail is nationalised and subsidised by their private investment arm in the UK.

Fucking commies, or whatever insult clowns are throwing out nowadays.

13 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's blaming them because the EU is the subject they are discussing, he's not blaming the EU in isolation. If the discussion was the relationship between the Conservatives and trade unions I'm sure he'd also have a few choice words for them.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He's blaming them because the EU is the subject they are discussing, he's not blaming the EU in isolation. If the discussion was the relationship between the Conservatives and trade unions I'm sure he'd also have a few choice words for them.

He mentioned the labour party 50 times though. 

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

FYI, Gnasher said he'd vote remain if asked again. So it's pointless trying to argue with him about benefits etc. He's a remainer. Fair play to him for digging his heels but he popped and lost every argument he's ever had on this thread in one fell swoop. 

I'll take the credit for it by asking him outright. 

https://youtu.be/Mt2IZLe8rmY

Well? Mouth.

Where is he wrong?

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Well, thats more about our NHS than any road to Damascus moment. Anyway I believe I'm probably the the most open minded poster on this thread.

Talking about the NHS I note one of the trolls above name dropped Nye Bevan, I hope he doesn't check up the great man's veiws on Europe. 

From the 16 minute mark I believe Dempsey addresses those with similar veiws to you, worth a listen.

He makes valid points.

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

FYI, Gnasher said he'd vote remain if asked again. So it's pointless trying to argue with him about benefits etc. He's a remainer. Fair play to him for digging his heels but he popped and lost every argument he's ever had on this thread in one fell swoop. 

I'll take the credit for it by asking him outright. 

53mB.gif

Didn't you pretend I didn't   message you from the Sefton? 

8 hours ago, No2 said:

He mentioned the labour party 50 times though. 

I think that was because the conversation was about the left in general and the attitudes towards Brexit. It was a bit of a tightrope but I know tons of people who share similar veiws to  Dempsey. Sorry kill me.

15 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It was a flippant reply to your  'working class not knowing who Vonn der Leyen is' comment (another presumptuous little dig on the working class there Angry? youre not alone, this threads riddled with it, look at the lack of acknowledgement for workers in supermarkets/agricultural etc, nothing like a girl in a coffee shop getting a pay rise to boil peoples piss eh?).

My point was the heads of the European Union are all cut from the cloth, which indeed they are, one went off to join Goldman 'crash the economy' Sachs. Ursula meanwhile has been busy doing her dubious dealings with Covid vaccination firms and those nice Saudi Arabians. 

Odd you, or anyone have not commented on the content in  Eddie Dempsey link, especially as him and Lynch are the undoubted men of the moment. Interesting comments from Dempsey on European rail nationalisation, austerity and high unemployment, also his observations on Tommy Robinson and the lazy labels pinned on certain sections of society. Give it a listen if you've missed it, he's addressing some of the trolls on this thread.

One thing I can say for certain about his comments are thousands of the working class hold very similar veiws and despite what the luvvies think they're not the enemy, politicians like Vonn der Leyen are.

Anyway have a good day Angry.

You’re making all the assumptions about us you claim we make.

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Well, thats more about our NHS than any road to Damascus moment. Anyway I believe I'm probably the the most open minded poster on this thread.

Talking about the NHS I note one of the trolls above name dropped Nye Bevan, I hope he doesn't check up the great man's veiws on Europe. 

From the 16 minute mark I believe Dempsey addresses those with similar veiws to you, worth a listen.

Troll am I? I believe that Brexit is the wrong thing for people in our country. Perfectly valid opinion.  I also believe it was me who mentioned Nye Bevan and if you ever read anything I posted properly, you’d see I wasn’t name dropping. David Bowie told me to never name drop. 

On 28/07/2022 at 12:23, Gnasher said:

Who's fault was that?

The Labour party always had a very strong anti EU base, in the late 80s the vote to leave was unanimous. It was written into the manifesto to leave in one term. Should've listened to the concerns. An awful lot of working class people despise the likes of Ursula Vonn der Leyen. I can understand them.

How does/did the EU present a barrier to rail nationalisation? 

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I believe that the EU is committed to private ownership of rail etc in order to promote competition.

I think that's why, but don't quote me.

Loads of nations have national train services and allow private companies access too. There are limits to state investment to allow for a competitive market. Not the EU, but a few years back American Airlines sued Emirates and Etihad because they were illegally state funded, ie they were losing their bollox (like a blue team in the unmentionable) and using that lack of consequences to be more competitive than AA. The EU works in a similar vein. Striking the balance is key, you can sell the networks to your mates or run them correctly, we vote for the people that make these choices.

*Brexit Bonus Claxon*

'Zara is charging British shoppers as much as 50% more than in Spain, while Decathlon partly blames Brexit for markups on e-bikes that can be up to £250 pricier in the UK than in France.

The figures come from a snapshot survey by Guardian Money that examined prices of popular items at pan-European retailers including Ikea, Apple, JD Sports, and H&M, as well as Zara and Decathlon. It compared prices in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Ireland.

It found that while at some retailers, such as JD Sports, prices are broadly similar across Britain and the EU countries, at others prices in the UK are markedly higher. None of the retailers had generally lower prices in the UK.

The findings add another twist to the current UK cost of living crisis.

Zara, Europe’s biggest clothing retailer, has some of the biggest percentage price differentials between the UK and the rest of Europe.

A British shopper pays £49.99 for a linen blend tunic dress at one of Zara’s stores in the UK, equal to €58.70 at current exchange rates. But at Zara in Germany, France, Italy and Ireland, the price is €49.95, and in Spain only €39.95.

A men’s hoodie that sells for £45.99 in the UK, equal to €53.99, sells for only €35.95 (£30.62) in Spain, meaning a buyer in Manchester is charged 50% more than in Madrid for the identical item.

Decathlon, the French sports goods retailer that operates 2,000 stores across 56 countries, charges £1,299.99 for a Riverside electric bike in its UK stores, equal to €1,525. But in France, Spain and Italy, the price for the same item is €1,199. The e-bike buyer at Decathlon’s Brighton store is therefore paying €326 (£278) more than if they popped across the channel and bought it in Dieppe.'

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/jul/30/brexit-uk-shoppers-pay-more-eu-zara-ikea-decathlon

There's loads more to the article as well.

Glory be, to Brexitannia!

Rees-Mogg is a master of speaking out of both sides of the mouth...

Meanwhile, Rees-Mogg admitted he was wrong to say there would be no delays at the port of Dover caused by the UK leaving the EU.

In a radio interview with LBC, he said:

'Yes, of course I got it wrong, but I got it wrong for the right reason, if I may put it that way.'

He added:

'The point I was making was that the only delays would be caused by the French if they decided not to allow British people to pass through freely. They have decided to do that.'

So nothing to do with us being a third country now and this being standard practice across Europe, and the world, but he already knew that, they all did.

49 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Rees-Mogg is a master of speaking out of both sides of the mouth...

Meanwhile, Rees-Mogg admitted he was wrong to say there would be no delays at the port of Dover caused by the UK leaving the EU.

In a radio interview with LBC, he said:

'Yes, of course I got it wrong, but I got it wrong for the right reason, if I may put it that way.'

He added:

'The point I was making was that the only delays would be caused by the French if they decided not to allow British people to pass through freely. They have decided to do that.'

So nothing to do with us being a third country now and this being standard practice across Europe, and the world, but he already knew that, they all did.

So we signed up for a Agreement which would restrict freedom of movement, and reece mogg is shocked that ,that it actually applies to us.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:40, skend04 said:

You eat cheap meat you fucking hypocrite. I bet you hang round the meat aisle until a whole chicken is 50p. If you and your fellow Kippers didn't eat cheap meat every day there wouldn't be the pressure to continually reduce wages.

So apparently poor people who can only afford to buy cheap food to feed their family are responsible for employers reducing wages.

Some posters actually went out on a limb to defend the above fucking nonsense. 

Plus theirs worse poor shaming. Its why that Dempsey video above needs watching.

On 19/08/2021 at 16:31, skend04 said:

What's the employment rate in the areas where these food production factories are located? 

Here comes the new Liz/tory idea of using the excuse of paying people peanuts and treating them like utter shit because they are unfortunate to live in a poor area.

Fair do's Skend04 you were certainly ahead of your time.