You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I have to check with you, you do realise this is satire ? 

It was originally that's why I ignored it and hence my 'many true words said in jest' response, then when Cloggs pulled him up on his figures he lied and backtracked about plucking the 45 a year figure our of his arse...

Anyway as its Christmas have some joy; this is great, 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Mudface said:

But a carpenter on £35K is now getting £45K, so that evens it all out.

It most certainly does, especially as more than a few of them shortfalls are overplayed or have little to do with Brexit; ie empty shelves? oh come on, fuel shortages? we ran a little low for a week.

Edit; I note low unemployment and record vacancies are off his list, maybe they not that important

5 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The pipes of peace is shit. I preferred it when we were calling each other cunts because we disagreed over the merits of trade deals. 

Watch this and (ignoring the commercial aspect) not be moved:

and stop arguing over the EU for fucks sake. Its Christmas day.

Another in the 'it must be going swimmingly' column...

B-WORD BANNED: The Telegraph reckons civil servants have been told to avoid using the word “Brexit” and instead refer to “31 December 2020” in a Whitehall style guide. Officials should only use the word when “providing historical context,” the document suggests.

44 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/01/uk-ministers-eager-to-ease-immigration-rules-for-indian-citizens

Average wage in India is £300/month. Farm workers even less. I can see why the Tories are desperate to have more of us over here. Don't know what leave voters will think mind as it's the opposite of what they were sold.

It was always going to be the consequence of a points based system that was blind to race and country of origin. Non European immigration will increase but it will be higher skilled applicants from Asia instead of unemployed unskilled white Eastern Europeans. Fundamentally it’s a less racist system. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

anyone paid any roaming charges yet? Can’t wait. 

Loads.

The wife especially is taking to the new charges with the typical aplomb with which she encounters most financial considerations and just completely ignoring them.

’Oh, I didn’t realise it’d happen again. I thought after the first time they would have sorted it’

Madness, we’ve had two £300 plus bills as she just ignores the polite text telling you you can pay by the day for a fixed amount.

I’ve effectively bricked her phone when she isn’t in the UK now.

She was transiting through Qatar a few years back and thought this would be the opportune moment to download all her favourite podcasts for the next leg of the flight, £400.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Loads.

The wife especially is taking to the new charges with the typical aplomb with which she encounters most financial considerations and just completely ignoring them.

’Oh, I didn’t realise it’d happen again. I thought after the first time they would have sorted it’

Madness, we’ve had two £300 plus bills as she just ignores the polite text telling you you can pay by the day for a fixed amount.

I’ve effectively bricked her phone when she isn’t in the UK now.

She was transiting through Qatar a few years back and thought this would be the opportune moment to download all her favourite podcasts for the next leg of the flight, £400.

I meant in the EU. They started yesterday didn’t they?  

12 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

It was always going to be the consequence of a points based system that was blind to race and country of origin. Non European immigration will increase but it will be higher skilled applicants from Asia instead of unemployed unskilled white Eastern Europeans. Fundamentally it’s a less racist system. 

Free movement within the EU is "blind to race". The UK experience of large-scale immigration from the EU wasn't one of "unemployed unskilled white Eastern Europeans" at all. The opposite was true: the "benefits tourists" were always a fiction created to distract and enrage readers of shitrags like the Daily Heil; many East European workers in the UK were hugely overqualified for the jobs they took.

But, apart from that, great post!

• Upvote 2