Jump to content
Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

  

316 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

    • Yes
      258
    • No
      58


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

Publically anyway.  But privately in the voting booth they might admit the error of their ways, but only with a genuine alternative to vote for.  That's why Labour need to get their shit together before the next GE. 

This argument boggles me, Im not being funny or in any way condescending but why the fuck would traditional Labour voters like lorry driver, builders, cafe shop workers, veg pickers etc who have recently received a pay rise because of a labour shortage privately think they've made an error in their ways and vote for something different privately? 

 

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-set-most-widespread-pay-rises-over-decade-cbi-2021-09-19/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This argument boggles me, Im not being funny or in any way condescending but why the fuck would traditional Labour voters like lorry driver, builders, cafe shop workers, veg pickers etc who have recently received a pay rise because of a labour shortage privately think they've made an error in their ways and vote for something different privately? 

No you're just being really narrow minded, myopic, and as usual failing to see the bigger picture. 

So why might some people have realised they were wrong? Because those who've had a wage increase will find it doesn't go very far with spiralling costs and potential interest rate rises threatening their homes.  And that their local NHS services will be run even further into the ground. And that they may have lost loved ones because of the criminal mishandling of Covid.  And that they care about more than three word slogans.

Loads of fucking reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in relation to these massive pay rises in the hospitality sector...on indeed waiting on staff at Cote.. whatever that is starts on £10 a hr...what is the minimum wage again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yet another Eu cunt on the take. These are not insignificant middle managers who've slipped through the net, they are thundercunts in control of our lives. 

 

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/10/13/ecb-banker-kazimir-accused-of-bribery

 

It's like the expose of our favourite 1970s game show hosts, when we realise the party hats and over exaggerated mannerisms were just a front to mask their own failings.

 

 

Innocent until proven guilty of course: utter bunch of no good cunts.

Yep..thank god there are no politicians lining their pockets in this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Two wrongs do not make a ..never mind

So why are you always posting about whoever is in charge of stuff in the EU, which we are no longer a part of?

 

You're indulging in nothing but whataboutery as you disguise the fact that there's barely a cigarette paper between you and a Torykipper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Two wrongs do not make a ..never mind

Yet you are posting about eu politicians on the take as justification for us getting out?

If we left the eu because it was mired in corruption and our politicians were squeaky clean,you may have a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Moo said:

No you're just being really narrow minded, myopic, and as usual failing to see the bigger picture. 

So why might some people have realised they were wrong? Because those who've had a wage increase will find it doesn't go very far with spiralling costs and potential interest rate rises threatening their homes.  And that their local NHS services will be run even further into the ground. And that they may have lost loved ones because of the criminal mishandling of Covid.  And that they care about more than three word slogans.

Loads of fucking reasons.

I understand the points you are making but services were fucked before Brexit, our NHS was fucked before Brexit, food Bank use in this country went through the roof before Brexit. 

 

I agree with you on how shit our government have been on handling everything, especially Covid, but to simply blame Brexit for everything and go into a mindset that if we simply rejoin the EU most of our major troubles will go away is dangerous because it gives the government a free run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yet you are posting about eu politicians on the take as justification for us getting out?

If we left the eu because it was mired in corruption and our politicians were squeaky clean,you may have a point.

You don't cure capitalist corruption by going to a polling booth and voting for capitalist corruption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I understand the points you are making but services were fucked before Brexit, our NHS was fucked before Brexit, food Bank use in this country went through the roof before Brexit. 

 

I agree with you on how shit our government have been on handling everything, especially Covid, but to simply blame Brexit for everything and go into a mindset that if we simply rejoin the EU most of our major troubles will go away is dangerous because it gives the government a free run.

I never mentioned Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, skend04 said:

So why are you always posting about whoever is in charge of stuff in the EU, which we are no longer a part of?

 

You're indulging in nothing but whataboutery as you disguise the fact that there's barely a cigarette paper between you and a Torykipper 

I'm a million miles away from a kipper, you meanwhile were the poster defending billionaire chicken factory owners paying its staff pitence and treating them like shit because the factory may be in a poor area, like that's an excuse, should be grateful what they have a job an all that huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moo said:

No you're just being really narrow minded, myopic, and as usual failing to see the bigger picture. 

So why might some people have realised they were wrong? Because those who've had a wage increase will find it doesn't go very far with spiralling costs and potential interest rate rises threatening their homes.  And that their local NHS services will be run even further into the ground. And that they may have lost loved ones because of the criminal mishandling of Covid.  And that they care about more than three word slogans.

Loads of fucking reasons.

 

We are sleepwalking to another tory landslide election victory, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2021 at 22:43, Gnasher said:

You're going to the wrong shops, and not every ill in the world is because of Brexit. 

 

Brexits stretched to America,

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2021 at 20:42, Moo said:

No you're just being really narrow minded, myopic, and as usual failing to see the bigger picture. 

So why might some people have realised they were wrong? Because those who've had a wage increase will find it doesn't go very far with spiralling costs and potential interest rate rises threatening their homes.  And that their local NHS services will be run even further into the ground. And that they may have lost loved ones because of the criminal mishandling of Covid.  And that they care about more than three word slogans.

Loads of fucking reasons.

There's also the likelihood that the next election won't be until 2024. By that time, the Tories will have come up with some wheeze - on top of increasing working hours and reducing the standards of the tests - to increase the HGV workforce and make sure that their chums who run haulage companies won't have to maintain decent pay rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2021 at 23:30, Gnasher said:

That DVLA story has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. It's about dealing with the post-Covid backlog.

 

The other one is behind a paywall. Here's the Metro take on it.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/15/christmas-2021-unite-union-threatens-lorry-driver-strikes-15425589/

 

It's only "Brexit worker power" if you believe

1.  that the whole of the driver shortage is caused by Brexit (and nothing to do with Covid) and 

2.   that they will actually take strike action that contravenes union laws put in place by the Tories - and that they will win  (I'd love to see it, but I won't start celebrating it until it actually does happen).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2021 at 22:30, Gnasher said:

 

We are sleepwalking to another tory landslide election victory, 

 

My memory might be playing tricks with me here mate but weren't you saying a few years ago that Brexit would bring down the Tories? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

My memory might be playing tricks with me here mate but weren't you saying a few years ago that Brexit would bring down the Tories? 

Your point being? I certainly did and Brexit brought down two tory prime ministers and numerous tory ministers and junior ministers. Unfortunately the Lib Dems and right wing EU loving Labour mps rode to the Conservative party's rescue, aided by the majority of the British media, so unfortunately my prediction turned out to be wrong.

 

Incidentally a lot of the EU loving right wing Labour traitors then went on to form Change UK, which was immediately rejected by the British public and sank like a stone, so Brexit did destroy one party full of tories, the one masquerading as non tories, who were yet another bunch of blaggards and charlatans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2021 at 23:21, Gnasher said:

 

I'm not disputing there are problems around the world but sending 1000s of drivers home with.no one to replace them,in the depths of a pandemic Is borderline criminal and has made the situation here,particularly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Your point being? I certainly did and Brexit brought down two tory prime ministers and numerous tory ministers and junior ministers. Unfortunately the Lib Dems and right wing EU loving Labour mps rode to the Conservative party's rescue, aided by the majority of the British media, so unfortunately my prediction turned out to be wrong.

 

Incidentally a lot of the EU loving right wing Labour traitors then went on to form Change UK, which was immediately rejected by the British public and sank like a stone, so Brexit did destroy one party full of tories, the one masquerading as non tories, who were yet another bunch of blaggards and charlatans.

With respect, Gnash, a lot of us were saying at the time that that prediction was about as likely as Northwich Victoria winning the Champions League. The fact that Cameron strolled away, humming a happy little tune, from one highly paid job into another, is neither here nor there. Brexit's impact on the Tories was to change the flies, but the shit remains the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Your point being? I certainly did and Brexit brought down two tory prime ministers and numerous tory ministers and junior ministers. Unfortunately the Lib Dems and right wing EU loving Labour mps rode to the Conservative party's rescue, aided by the majority of the British media, so unfortunately my prediction turned out to be wrong.

 

Incidentally a lot of the EU loving right wing Labour traitors then went on to form Change UK, which was immediately rejected by the British public and sank like a stone, so Brexit did destroy one party full of tories, the one masquerading as non tories, who were yet another bunch of blaggards and charlatans.

The point is you were/are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you what though, do your Christmas shopping today. 

Was listening to a phone in on LBC yesterday and Xmas stock for electricals and anything else shipped from China is here already, there will be no more deliveries before Xmas.  Once something goes out of stock then you're waiting 12+ weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Latest Round Up

  • Last Match Report

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • Posts

    • I’d have thought that was obvious myself. 
    • When the Nazis came to power, the first anti-Jewish thing they brought in was the Civil Service Law which forbade Jews from working in the civil service or public office. A couple of years later, they banned Jewish doctors from treating non-Jewish patients. During the pandemic, all NHS doctors and nurses - that refused to be vaccinated - were fired. If you're a newly qualified nurse/ doctor, you can't practice medicine without mandatory COVID vaccination.   They then stopped Jews from being members of the Reich Ministry of Culture. The Nazis did this to stop them working in radio stations, in theatres, or producing artwork of any kind - ostensibly, taking their voice away from them. They also held mass bonfires to burn books by Jewish authors. David Icke had his youtube channel removed for questioning the official narrative of the virus. Lots of social media commentators have been de-platformed for similar things. Chinese doctors who challenged the WHO narrative were rounded up and disappeared.   The Nazis then boycotted Jewish businesses to weaken the Jewish people financially. Greece has brought in a law where unvaccinated people have to pay a 100 euro fine every month. Many countries are talking about fines for people going out if they are unvaccinated.   The Nazis then brought in the Nuremberg laws of 1935, which stripped Jews of German citizenship and started segregating them from the rest of society. They were forbidden from marrying non-Jews or having sexual relationships with them. We have a media that paints the unvaccinated as moronic, dangerous, stupid and most of all... selfish. Unvaccinated people are not allowed at sporting events, concerts, restaurants etc.    In 1938, the Reich Supreme Court declared that being a Jew was grounds for dismissal in any job. We've seen many private companies follow the governments lead and sack their staff if they are unvaccinated. How long until being unvaccinated is an official sackable offence in every job?   Jews are now required to carry papers. Their passports are marked with a red letter 'J' to differentiate them from non-Jews. The famous badges that depict the Star of David are brought in the following year. COVID passes are now necessary for travel. Private businesses can refuse entry if you don't have an 'up to date' COVID pass. Current and up to date has changed. The government initially promised COVID passes for all people who had double vaccine status. Now it requires a booster jab, and presumably, the next booster jab will invalidate the first, and so on. It's kind of similar to the way the Nazis would change the law every couple of months to make a Jewish persons papers invalid.    The Nazi's then sent 30,000 Jewish leaders to concentration camps. The Nazi's did this for the German people's protection, of course. Then the curfews started. And the rest, as you say, is history. 
    • That's been coming for a while.
    • Yeah, talk about somebody making the most of their opportunity. 
        I still think being jaded after too much football hasn't helped Bobby in the last couple of years either, so hopefully we'll start to see more from him when we need him in January. 
    • I had a very brief read of his twitter feed and I think it may be a clever parody account :    "i've wanted to be a girl but i've also wanted to be a boy and then other times wanted to be a hamster or something so perhaps the commonality is i want to transcend the physical limitations of this body and live up to my true potential as a 9th level spellcaster shapeshifter :P    
  • new UK casino
  • Topics

×