You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's fine, may take fifty years but eventually we'll see the benifits, relax Jacob said so...

E_f-B0HWEAAc1V0.jpg

From 2017-2020 UK imported about £700m a year of wine from both France & Italy. Australia & New Zealand were third & fourth, accounting for about £250m a year each. Spain was fifth with just £25m a year. Everywhere else was somewhere behind that.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/303297/uk-wine-imports-leading-5-countries-by-value/

I'm not sure Cuntybollocks was being entirely honest.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

From 2017-2020 UK imported about £700m a year of wine from both France & Italy. Australia & New Zealand were third & fourth, accounting for about £250m a year each. Spain was fifth with just £25m a year. Everywhere else was somewhere behind that.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/303297/uk-wine-imports-leading-5-countries-by-value/

I'm not sure Cuntybollocks was being entirely honest.

I am shocked I tell thee, how very dare you dispute the proclomation of one of your betters.

And using facts and evidence of all things, shame on you!

Next you'll be claiming that Alex & Little Mickey weren't being entirely truthful...

'Claims made by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove a month before the 2016 EU referendum that gas bills will be cheaper if Brits back Brexit resurfaced as UK is currently facing massive gas price hikes. 

In The Rag, the ministers argued leaving the EU would allow the UK to scrap a £2 billion annual tax on gas and electricity prices – and fund it out of £11 billion a year saved from Britain’s contributions to the European Commission.

Writing for the newspaper on 30 May 2016, the Tory “Out” campaigners promised: “Fuel bills will be lower for everyone”. Labour’s Gisela Stuart also signed the article at the time, which argued the VAT on bills hits the poorest the most.

Britain moved this week to reduce Universal Credit for millions of families, as well as to increase the national insurance payments, which are believed to hit the young and poorest the hardest.'

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/boris-johnson-michael-gove-brexit-gas-bills-291199/

24 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Suppose it would be out of the question for one of those journalist fellows to say 'mr Johnson, you clearly stated energy prices would go down when we leave the eu,but they are going up,would you care to explain?

If they want the sack mate then yeah they'll do it 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We’ve got our country back, we’ve got our country back. 

We've got crowns on the pint glasses and grocers selling plentiful British fruit & veg (harvested by happy British workers) in pounds and ounces. All I need now is an Austin Allegro to drive the family to the Festival of Brexit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We've got crowns on the pint glasses and grocers selling plentiful British fruit & veg (harvested by happy British workers) in pounds and ounces. All I need now is an Austin Allegro to drive the family to the Festival of Brexit.

1452787848-reliant.gif?crop=1xw:0.997109

• Upvote 2

The UK is the guy in a fight telling people not to hold them back but praying they don't actually stop because then they have to back up heir mouth with actions.

They spent so long telling everyone that it was the EU stopping them doing all the things there was no political will to do in the UK, that when the public said they don't want the EU anymore they lost their bogeyman.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Pidge said:

This bullshit (which was foreseeable, if not inevitable) is the point where I am jumping on the re-vote wagon. Fuck your brexit. Not a fan of the EU, but this is a shambles and is turning into a dangerous one. 

no point to a re-vote now. we'd get fucked going back in to the EU at this point. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

no point to a re-vote now. we'd get fucked going back in to the EU at this point. 

I don't think we would, most of the most impactful elements are statutory parts of membership. Our capital in terms of parliamentary influence is much lower, but for regulation we would still have the best people in the continent. The currency would be the possible thing they target, but if they did that we'd vote to not rejoin and I don't think that makes sense to anyone.