Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 1355 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

  

310 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

    • Yes
      252
    • No
      58


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think you're missing your ex mate Barniers point Angry. EU expansion has caused problems, the influx of cheap Labour has caused problems, free movement has caused problems. It hasn't caused problems for the traders of people, on the contrary its been very profitable for them but it has caused problems for others, not least those being traded. EU expansion eh? Hows good ol Hungary doing for fucks sake?

Shove this "your mate" nonsense up your hoop. 

 

You keep bringing up the issue of modern slavery and people trafficking, but you refuse to seriously consider factors that make the problem worse or pay attention to the experts on the subject, because you don't really give a fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Shove this "your mate" nonsense up your hoop. 

 

You keep bringing up the issue of modern slavery and people trafficking, but you refuse to seriously consider factors that make the problem worse or pay attention to the experts on the subject, because you don't really give a fuck.

I certainly do give a fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Shove this "your mate" nonsense up your hoop. 

 

You keep bringing up the issue of modern slavery and people trafficking, but you refuse to seriously consider factors that make the problem worse or pay attention to the experts on the subject, because you don't really give a fuck.

"Shove your mate"

 

Well you're the one who's spent the past god knows how many years defending  the fucking hypocrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gnasher said:

I certainly do give a fuck. 

Then take it seriously. Don't use it in a vain and misguided attempt to score points on a football forum.  Educate yourself.  Find out what the experts say on how to prevent it (most importantly, by protecting the rights of migrant workers) and take part in campaigns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When?

He's an integral part of the EU machine you're so fond of Angry, you've obviously missed him on our TV screens negotiating our eu withdrawal the past two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Then take it seriously. Don't use it in a vain and misguided attempt to score points on a football forum.  Educate yourself.  Find out what the experts say on how to prevent it (most importantly, by protecting the rights of migrant workers) and take part in campaigns. 

Take part in campaigns? Haha I think you need to educate yourself angry never mind me., start with John Smith's Labour manifesto. Wealthy landowners flying in low paid workers in planes during a pandemic for fucks sake, and where was the outrage from the modern day Labour Party? No wonder they're fucked.

 

"The EU policy on immigration is not working" 

 

"Traffickers are a major problem" 

Michael Barnier. 

 

 

https://www.cityam.com/michel-barnier-calls-for-halt-to-immigration-across-europe/amp/?utm_content=buffer4a87b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&__twitter_impression=true

 

 

Edited by Gnasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When EU supremo Michael Barnier had his road to Damascus moment (conveniently when he knew he would have to face the French voters) and complained eu immigration wasn't working and tracking is a hugh problem I imagine hes talking about situations like below in Britain yesterday. If so it's a bit rich as he's one of the main architects in eu policy which has resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking he now seems concerned about, why hasn't he mentioned it before? he's nothing but a fucking hypocrite.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-57060955

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK government will never do anything to seriously try and tackle people trafficking, whether in the EU or not. 

 

The square mile makes too much money out of laundering the proceeds for anyone who could do something about it to actually make it a priority to try and stop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

He's an integral part of the EU machine you're so fond of Angry, you've obviously missed him on our TV screens negotiating our eu withdrawal the past two years. 

Have you actually read and/or understood anything I've posted on this thread?

 

Please stop chatting shite. It got boring years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Take part in campaigns? Haha I think you need to educate yourself angry never mind me., start with John Smith's Labour manifesto. Wealthy landowners flying in low paid workers in planes during a pandemic for fucks sake, and where was the outrage from the modern day Labour Party? No wonder they're fucked.

 

"The EU policy on immigration is not working" 

 

"Traffickers are a major problem" 

Michael Barnier. 

 

 

https://www.cityam.com/michel-barnier-calls-for-halt-to-immigration-across-europe/amp/?utm_content=buffer4a87b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&__twitter_impression=true

 

 

Wibble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wibble.

It's not wibble at all. I've fought injustice all my life, I've been hospitalised physically fighting injustice, I was actually beaten by a police officer. Ive put myself in serious danger fighting various factions of the right wing in this country, all over this country, so don't talk down to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Evidence?

Open your eyes. The drugs trade has seen an explosion in traffickers over the past 20 years or so. British County lines, Albanians, Romanians, East Europeans, Vietnamese take a large quota. Difficult to contain but until Labour are seen as a political party that recognise the scale of the problem they're fucked, the voters will not believe they are on their side.

 

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/nearly-7-000-potential-victims-of-slavery-and-trafficking-reported-in-2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It's not wibble at all. I've fought injustice all my life, I've been hospitalised physically fighting injustice, I was actually beaten by a police officer. Ive put myself in serious danger fighting various factions of the right wing in this country, all over this country, so don't talk down to me. 

None of that was in your post. Your post made no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Open your eyes. The drugs trade has seen an explosion in traffickers over the past 20 years or so. British County lines, Albanians, Romanians, East Europeans, Vietnamese take a large quota. Difficult to contain but until Labour are seen as a political party that recognise the scale of the problem they're fucked, the voters will not believe they are on their side.

 

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/nearly-7-000-potential-victims-of-slavery-and-trafficking-reported-in-2018

 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It's almost in every major city, all areas, all races, all types, all sexes all ages. Everywhere. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-reveal-4200-slavery-victims-18584100

 

So... no evidence that EU policy has resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

None of that was in your post. Your post made no sense.

Sorry I was probably ranting. The problem is real though and it's the most tory thing that could possibly be, free enterprise in the trade of people. The labour party should really be all over it Angry, instead they seem to ignore social issues and let the tories spout their often borderline racist bullshit. 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-48881327

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

 

So... no evidence that EU policy has resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking, then.

I've always said globalisation, poverty and inequality are the main contributing factors,  the most forms are within the UK (county lines, prostitution, farm labour, gangs etc) but as Barnier said yesterday eu expansion has contributed to the problems. If you deny it you are forever going to be ruled by a conservative government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gnasher said:

Sorry I was probably ranting. The problem is real though and it's the most tory thing that could possibly be, free enterprise in the trade of people. The labour party should really be all over it Angry, instead they seem to ignore social issues and let the tories spout their often borderline racist bullshit. 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-48881327

The Labour Party are a bit shit, probably because there's no votes in it. The unions are a bit more active in campaigning against slavery because the rights of workers - all workers - is sort of their thing.

 

When it comes to international people trafficking, the consensus of every campaigner I've ever come across is that you need to strengthen the rights of migrant workers in order to tackle trafficking and slavery.  The main purpose of Brexit was to weaken the rights of migrant workers.  The problems with that are obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

I've always said globalisation, poverty and inequality are the main contributing factors,  the most forms are within the UK (county lines, prostitution, farm labour, gangs etc) but as Barnier said yesterday eu expansion has contributed to the problems. If you deny it you are forever going to be ruled by a conservative government.

Stick to the subject.  What you specifically said was that EU policy  (which gives migrant workers the right to live and work in other Member States) resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking.  You've got no evidence to back that up, because it probably isn't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Stick to the subject.  What you specifically said was that EU policy  (which gives migrant workers the right to live and work in other Member States) resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking.  You've got no evidence to back that up, because it probably isn't true.

See this is the problem with todays Labour party, can't see the wood for the trees. I'm I'm no doubt you mean we'll and are a good socialist all round good fella angry but these are the problems of today, unless the party fights against it they're socially fucked, people just won't vote for them.

 

Barnier, one of the EU main players acknowledged the problem of traffickers in the EU just yesterday Angry, for once he's 100% correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Labour Party are a bit shit, probably because there's no votes in it. The unions are a bit more active in campaigning against slavery because the rights of workers - all workers - is sort of their thing.

 

When it comes to international people trafficking, the consensus of every campaigner I've ever come across is that you need to strengthen the rights of migrant workers in order to tackle trafficking and slavery.  The main purpose of Brexit was to weaken the rights of migrant workers.  The problems with that are obvious. 

No votes in it? It's probably one of the main reasons Labour are not in power, economic policy's yes, Social policy no. 

 

As for unions dealing "with that sort of thing" we are talking thugs and armed gangmasters who force people into rat infested squalor, they don't give you a health and safety talk and ask for your union card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

See this is the problem with todays Labour party, can't see the wood for the trees. I'm I'm no doubt you mean we'll and are a good socialist all round good fella angry but these are the problems of today, unless the party fights against it they're socially fucked, people just won't vote for them.

 

Barnier, one of the EU main players acknowledged the problem of traffickers in the EU just yesterday Angry, for once he's 100% correct. 

I'm not even sure you know what you're on about any more.

 

Since you can't provide any evidence for your claim that EU policy resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking, it might be less embarrassing if we agree to pretend you never said it and move on.

 

The important things to remember are

1. Reducing rights for migrant workers strengthens the position of people traffickers and slavers.

2. Brexit reduces rights for EU citizens coming to work in the UK. 

3. There are very few things in existence less relevant than a decontextualised soundbite from a rank outsider in another country's elections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×