You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's no question that the promise of reducing the number of immigrants was a major factor behind the Brexit vote.  Unfortunately, it was sold on a lie: people who repeatedly vote (in General Elections as well as in the Referendum) to reduce immigration are misinformed and misguided, because it's not the immigrants who are causing their problems and getting rid of immigrants won't solve their problems. 

Unfortunately, I don't know how Labour or any other party could get that message across without the  (understandable) reaction "Fuck off, you patronising shit, I'm voting for the other lot."

I think it's a little deeper and more vast than immigration to be honest Angry, I'm thinking more organised crime, its getting like the wild west with a breed of criminal that feeds on cheap Labour, slavery, hard drugs, rural farm work, etc. These are the issues on the doorstep and the people affected are the ones that need convincing that the Labour party is on their side.

As I touched on earlier me and you wouldn't blink an eye over a group of Romanians opening a car wash on the local high street but the girls in the flower shop up the road might and they're the people Labour need to collect votes. Labour hasn't been reading the room, free enterprise, fast bucks, no taxes paid, no good.

The Labour party needs to be seen to be all over these type of enterprises, otherwise it won't win power, uncomfortable but true

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-57060955

This is a positive move by the EU.  While our gobshite kleptocracy are committed to cutting "red tape" (aka worker, consumer and environmental protections) the EU is introducing measures to make companies responsible for sub-contractors and suppliers all along their supply chains.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/eu-mandatory-environmental-and-human-rights-due-diligence-law-what-you-need-to-know 

That's concrete action to prevent slavery; not coming soon to the UK.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Head of EU picks speaks utter fud once more, condemn Hamas attacks,  hardly surprising from someone like her really..

Same old story - on the one side you've got the lives of thousands of Palestinians in imminent danger; on the other hand, €30-something billion in trade between the EU and its special friend.

So-o-o-o...

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

I wonder what side the twats will come down on.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Same old story - on the one side you've got the lives of thousands of Palestinians in imminent danger; on the other hand, €30-something billion in trade between the EU and its special friend.

So-o-o-o...

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

She would have served Europe better by saying fuck all.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's pretty much the story of her time in office.  If they ever make a statue of her, that's what they should engrave on the plinth.

She is a fucking disaster. I'm not just saying it to poke a stick at the EU in general but she was apparently fucking useless when German defence minister. She's just an over promoted spoilt brat. 

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So-o-o-o...

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

I think you've hit nail on head angry. I dont think she's very fuvking politically deft. As you've said numerous times Angry one of the EU calling cards is the anti war and armaments line. Leyen has blown that out of the water and shone a spotlight on not only herself but the whole EU. 

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So-o-o-o...

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

Morals or money?

Shame she didn't pay this much attention to places under her jurisdiction, places like Hartlepool perhaps..

https://www.972mag.com/ihra-ngo-monitor-ilf-european-union/

8 minutes ago, Numero said:

Anybody attacking Jews for the actions of Israeli are racist cunts. We’ve seen a lot of that shit recently with Asians attacked in the States over some perceived responsibility for Covid, and obviously Muslims for the last 20 years. Pretty fucking stupid. 

Of course, although I'd suggest a more constructive and immediate way to ease tensions between Jewish people throughout Europe and the wider population is to publicly tell Netanyahu in no uncertain terms the EU deplores his actions and demand he backs off. 

A genuine question, do you think the Von Leyen tweet last night was wise?

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Of course, although I'd suggest a more constructive and immediate way to ease tensions between Jewish people throughout Europe and the wider population is to publicly tell Netanyahu in no uncertain terms the EU deplores his actions and demand he backs off. 

A genuine question, do you think the Von Leyen tweet last night was wise?

No? I wasn’t replying to any of that anyway. But no, I think it was hamfisted and ugly. 

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Can't we just rewind to a time we all pretended they were on the side of peace and love?

Nobody ever did that.

EU structures make it practically impossible for Member States to go to war against each other.  That was the founding aim and it still holds true.

On 15/05/2021 at 13:00, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody ever did that.

EU structures make it practically impossible for Member States to go to war against each other.  That was the founding aim and it still holds true.

Hmmm I suppose.

Anyway a bit of light relief,

• Upvote 1

The below article had me humming a great old 1970 Edwin Starr record  War in which Edwin sings

"The EU huh good god y' all what is it good for? Absolutely nothing" 

In all seriousness their were a few raised eyebrows over EU expansion into countries like Hungary, Romania, ex Soviet States,,  but alas, the free enterprise juggernaut had to be fed,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/18/eu-sidelined-and-divided-as-war-rages-again-in-middle-east