Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 1326 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

  

310 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

    • Yes
      252
    • No
      58


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Handily for the government, there will be alot of people out of work, signing up to do their old job with a new contract. 

True that looks inevitable unfortunately. However the government can no longer hide behind the eu so high unemployment should rest firmly on this governments shoulders.  

 

They promised better times outside the eu so it should be a case of the people saying go on over to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, No2 said:

@Gnasher who do think is more likely to get a handle on zero hour contracts? The EU or a Tory government?

The eu obviously. My point is the government won it now the government owns it, it's out in the open now. The old saying of give a fool enough rope springs to mind with this lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You underestimate the ability for the population of this country to be utter cunts. You only have to see the reactions to unions pressing for greater protections -

"I don't get sick pay so why should they" 

"They're lucky to have a pension, what are they moaning about"

"If they don't like that job, they should get another"

Etc.

 

Cunts.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But nearly all our rights were indeed won before we entered the eu Angry, not an opinion that's a fact. 

 

Working conditions in today's Britain are fucking awful now even in the eu, look at the conditions in the sweatshops in the Midlands, youngsters on zero hour contracts or overseas slaves picking vegetables. 

 

If a tory government wants to take away workers rights they should be made to understand by unions, workers, the labour party and the general public that their proposals will be opposed and they can use the excuse of blaming the European union. They are out in the open.

They never used the excuse of blaming the EU for UK workers having the worst rights in the EU.  They specifically negotiated opt-outs, to ensure we had worse rights. There was never any doubt that they would have attacked our rights even more if they weren't held back by the minimum standards imposed at EU level. 

 

The bottom line is that Brexit means that UK workers have lost rights and protections and have gained fuck all in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

However the government can no longer hide behind the eu 

When did any UK Government do this?

 

EU standards have always been legal minimum standards: every Member State has the right to legislate for higher standards. UK governments have consistently chosen not to do so.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The eu obviously. My point is the government won it now the government owns it, it's out in the open now. The old saying of give a fool enough rope springs to mind with this lot 

Oh yes.

I expect the S*n, Mail, Express, LBC, BBC, etc to start shining the harsh cold light of truth on the Government...

... any...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... minute...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... now!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

These were illegal.  The people responsible were arrested.

Some were, not all. Were the Romanian farm workers flown in on charter planes at the start of the pandemic illegal Angry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Oh yes.

I expect the S*n, Mail, Express, LBC, BBC, etc to start shining the harsh cold light of truth on the Government...

... any...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... minute...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... now!

Why should we believe the papers you mentioned would do that? Who said they would do that? Nobody. When have they ever done that? I'm not sure of your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

When did any UK Government do this?

 

Oh come on angry for fuvks sake, they've done it for years. Got to have a bogey man. I shouldn't have to remind you of this slag.. but you've made me 

 

 

Thatcher. No no no speech.

 

Was going to put up clip but not fair to let others rather yourself see her face 

34 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

 

EU standards have always been legal minimum standards: every Member State has the right to legislate for higher standards. UK governments have consistently chosen not to do so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course its interesting that Thatcher never once tried to leave Europe although with her majority she could  easily have pulled out whilst Labour had eu withdrawal in its manifesto. 

 

The eu is more in line with the free market policy endorsed by Thatcher than the Social Democratic mandate put forward by Foot, Benn, Shaw, Smith and Corbyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Of course its interesting that Thatcher never once tried to leave Europe although with her majority she could  easily have pulled out whilst Labour had eu withdrawal in its manifesto. 

 

The eu is more in line with the free market policy endorsed by Thatcher than the Social Democratic mandate put forward by Foot, Benn, Shaw, Smith and Corbyn.

Did they achieve much in their political careers for the populace or the country?

 

Two letter answer beginning with N and ending with O.

 

It's really strange to keep quoting politicians who have at best done very little when you try and talk about the EU. Of which we're no longer a part of 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Did they achieve much in their political careers for the populace or the country?

 

Two letter answer beginning with N and ending with O.

 

It's really strange to keep quoting politicians who have at best done very little when you try and talk about the EU. Of which we're no longer a part of 

Who? Thatcher was prime minister for a fucking long time unfortunately. In that period Britain never once looked like leaving the eu. 

 

In that period Britain experienced record three million plus unemployment. Do you not think Britain would have been better served out of the eu under a labour government than in the eu under a Thatcher premiership that brought misery and squalor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Some were, not all. Were the Romanian farm workers flown in on charter planes at the start of the pandemic illegal Angry?

No. That's why I never said they were.

 

Modern slavery is illegal and everyone who knows anything about the subject knows that giving migrant workers rights is key to fighting modern slavery and people trafficking. Leaving the EU takes rights away from migrant workers.  You have drawn your own conclusion from these facts, but it's anybody's guess how you got there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why should we believe the papers you mentioned would do that? Who said they would do that? Nobody. When have they ever done that? I'm not sure of your point.

We shouldn't believe those papers. But people do. 

Tens of millions of voters do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

 

Oh come on angry for fuvks sake, they've done it for years. Got to have a bogey man. I shouldn't have to remind you of this slag.. but you've made me 

 

 

Thatcher. No no no speech.

 

Was going to put up clip but not fair to let others rather yourself see her face 

 

What the actual fuck?

 

Did you just claim that Thatcher gave a speech saying that she wanted to improve workers' rights but the EU were stopping her?

 

Please. Post that link!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Do you not think Britain would have been better served out of the eu under a labour government than in the eu under a Thatcher premiership that brought misery and squalor?

Britain would have been better served under a Labour Government and in the EU. 

Always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No. That's why I never said they were.

 

Modern slavery is illegal and everyone who knows anything about the subject knows that giving migrant workers rights is key to fighting modern slavery and people trafficking. Leaving the EU takes rights away from migrant workers.  You have drawn your own conclusion from these facts, but it's anybody's guess how you got there.

You saw them poor fuckers bundled on that plane to Britain when we were rife with Covid, all legal so that's ok then.

 

You carry condoning this shit Angry. I'm out 

 

 

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/17/invisible-workers-underpaid-exploited-and-put-at-risk-on-europe-s-farms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You saw them poor fuckers bundled on that plane to Britain when we were rife with Covid, all legal so that's ok then.

 

You carry condoning this shit Angry. I'm out 

 

 

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/17/invisible-workers-underpaid-exploited-and-put-at-risk-on-europe-s-farms

As you know, I have never condoned any attacks on workers' rights.  Please stop lying about that: it makes you look like a cunt. 

On the other hand, you have consistently supported removing  (at least some) workers' rights since the first time you posted on this thread. I'll never condone that shit.

 

Now...

You said that UK Governments hide behind the EU when it comes to workers' rights - that they claim that they want to improve workers' rights, but the EU are stopping them. You even went as far as to claim that Margaret Thatcher said this.

I'll ask again; is there any chance that you, who are so fond of posting links, could post a link to back up that nonsense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Britain would have been better served under a Labour Government and in the EU. 

Always.

But that wasnt the choice Angry was it? Come on now you know your history

 

 A labour government who promised to pull out of the eu in its first term or a Thatcher government who chose to stay in. That was the choice and until the Falklands we looked certain to be leaving.

 

Go on put me out of my misery which one was/is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But that wasnt the choice Angry was it? Come on now you know your history

 

 A labour government who promised to pull out of the eu in its first term or a Thatcher government who chose to stay in. That was the choice and until the Falklands we looked certain to be leaving.

 

Go on put me out of my misery which one was/is it?

So, you're happy to concede that, had you voted in 2016, you would have chosen the package of Brexit plus the Johnson/Gove/Rees-Mogg wing of the Tory Party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So, you're happy to concede that, had you voted in 2016, you would have chosen the package of Brexit plus the Johnson/Gove/Rees-Mogg wing of the Tory Party?

No I wouldn't have.

 

You didnt answer my question. I will ask again.

 

So would you rather a Thatcher government in the eu or a socialist labour government led by Foot out of the eu? That was the choice that faced the country in 83/4. 

 

Which one angry?

 

It's not even a hard question and your fluffing it over a slag who threw millions on the dole and sold off Britains industries because of your pathetic love affair with the eu.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So, you're happy to concede that, had you voted in 2016, you would have chosen the package of Brexit plus the Johnson/Gove/Rees-Mogg wing of the Tory Party?

No I wouldn't have angry because its obviously not good for jobs, workers rights and the country in general. However I believe a withdrawal negotiated by Corbyn/Starmer could have been possible and kept our relationship with the eu cordial and workable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×