You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

So they know they are being used, but chose to carry on with the charade because they are

making money?  Wow.  So, despite knowing Ash is only in it for the money you still like her? Weird. Of course the other option is you’re talking shite. Again. 

Again it's not what I said. I didnt say they know they are being used did I? Although i believe they understand how the media game works. I cant speak for them but I'd guess A. They are happy to get their message across and B they not that unhappy about being paid to say it.

On phone so hope no spelling mistakes because Stig is a stickler for that type of irrelevant shite.

18 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think I finally understand it now.

It's old school capitalism vs new school.

The old school want regulation and elections so long as they can influence them enough to protect their own position, whereas the new school don't want any of that. They want unregulated, undemocratic measures in place.

they essentially want to tear it all down and burn it to the ground.

Its fucking terrifying stuff.

Yeah I think so and as you say terrifying stuff.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Again it's not what I said. I didnt say they know they are being used did I? Although i believe they understand how the media game works. I cant speak for them but I'd guess A. They are happy to get their message across and B they not that unhappy about being paid to say it.

On phone so hope no spelling mistakes because Stig is a stickler for that type of irrelevant shite.

Hold on, I asked if they were too stupid to know they were being used, you said no you didn’t say that. So if they know, they carry on regardless. 

Tell you what, should I ask them? It’s easy nowadays.  

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So they know they are being used, but chose to carry on with the charade because they are

making money?  Wow.  So, despite knowing Ash is only in it for the money you still like her? Weird. Of course the other option is you’re talking shite. Again. 

I sort of understand what he's saying here. People like Owen Jones, Ash Sarkar and James O'Brien alienate the average working joe because they often come across as arrogant, irritating pompous know it alls.

My political views are generally more left than right, but I don't particularly like the majority of people that present these views on mainstream media.

I would guess that most of them don't realise they are doing more harm than good in trying to persuade people in to their way of thinking.

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, I asked if they were too stupid to know they were being used, you said no you didn’t say that. So if they know, they carry on regardless. 

Tell you what, should I ask them? It’s easy nowadays.  

Rico I obviously cant speak for every left wing commentator that appears on the Jeremy Vine show  Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I sort of understand what he's saying here. People like Owen Jones, Ash Sarkar and James O'Brien alienate the average working joe because they often come across as arrogant, irritating pompous know it alls.

My political views are generally more left than right, but I don't particularly like the majority of people that present these views on mainstream media.

I would guess that most of them don't realise they are doing more harm than good in trying to persuade people in to their way of thinking.

Leavers want the freedom to be fucking thick and not be pulled up in it. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Lets just say it wasn't just the turkey getting a stuffing 

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying they are allowed on TV because the people are racist and homophobic so won’t listen to their arguments.  

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying they are allowed on TV because the people are racist and homophobic so won’t listen to their arguments.  

But they do often come across as pompous and arrogant and they do alienate the working class vote and unfortunately we have got an element of daytime viewer who is homophobic and hates asians etc. So it's a double whammy really. The tv corporations know what they are doing.

Just now, Gnasher said:

But they do often come across as pompous and arrogant and they do alienate the working class vote and unfortunately we have got an element of daytime viewer who is homophobic and hates asians etc. So it's a double whammy really. The tv corporations know what they are doing.

So that’s why they cancelled Jeremy Kyle. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My gaydar must be way off because I didn’t realise OwJo was that kind of lad until fairly recently. 

Same here! 

I always had him down as that type of guy that would have a hot girlfriend that was cheating on him and he was the only one that didn't know about it types. 

• Upvote 1