You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

The problem as we've seen with covid is that these tories aren't capitalists, they're puppets of disaster capitalists. Real capitalists, the traditional Tory party, would want free trade and minimum restrictions for a free market, there'd be something in it for them as they sit on boards and whatever.

This lot though don't care about all that, it takes too long and requires too much effort. They'd prefer stuff to go to shit so they can sell it off.  

The kind of Britain they want is Jersey on steds, a little haven on the border of the EU where unscrupulous fucks can continue to wash their money through the open sewer that is London. 

That's why Jenrick tore up the planning rules, because that's how most of these oligarch types put their wealth in holding patterns. 

The next step will be to have a "bonfire of red tape" which will turn a large proportion of the British public into a zero hours work force being paid peanuts. 

This type of capitalism has just been muzzled, for now, in the States, but I bet Alex and backers think that will make us even more of an attractive proposition now.

• Upvote 4

The reason corporate media give this lady (who always comes across as well informed and interesting to me) is that the average Joe will dismiss whatever words come out of her mouth because of prejudice.  Same with Jones. Sarkar is Asian/Loud/Outspoken perfect to make certain peoples white milk turn sour. They then get Bob from Bolton spouting a load of right wing shit and know who the flouting core voter will dismiss. It's sad but true. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

The problem as we've seen with covid is that these tories aren't capitalists, they're puppets of disaster capitalists. Real capitalists, the traditional Tory party, would want free trade and minimum restrictions for a free market, there'd be something in it for them as they sit on boards and whatever.

This lot though don't care about all that, it takes too long and requires too much effort. They'd prefer stuff to go to shit so they can sell it off.  

The kind of Britain they want is Jersey on steds, a little haven on the border of the EU where unscrupulous fucks can continue to wash their money through the open sewer that is London. 

That's why Jenrick tore up the planning rules, because that's how most of these oligarch types put their wealth in holding patterns. 

The next step will be to have a "bonfire of red tape" which will turn a large proportion of the British public into a zero hours work force being paid peanuts. 

This type of capitalism has just been muzzled, for now, in the States, but I bet Alex and backers think that will make us even more of an attractive proposition now.

I do agree with that. We now have murder Capitalists. They couldn't give a fuck if people live or die.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This lot though don't care about all that, it takes too long and requires too much effort. They'd prefer stuff to go to shit so they can sell it.  

The kind of Britain they want is Jersey on steds, a little haven on the border of the EU where unscrupulous fucks can continue to wash their money threw the open sewer that is London. 

Yep. I reckon pricks like Crispin Odey hold far more sway than we will ever know. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha 'upset' as if you are anywhere close to being important enough to upset me or anyone on here. You're a Brexit shagging, homophobic clown. 

Homophobic?  Because of my post about Owen Jones not being taken seriously by a certain percentage of the good ol British public? called you thick in jest but now I realise you're far far to stupid to be called that.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Homophobic?  Because of my post about Owen Jones not being taken seriously by a certain percentage of the good ol British public? called you thick in jest but now I realise you're far far to stupid to be called that.

See, a fucking clown. You needed *too not *to 

Tomorrow we'll do the 4 times table and learn the capital cities of Europe. 

16 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good because judging by a picture ive seen of you I would seriously keep any health cares you have and use them to help yourself. 

Ha ha ha my turkey coma!!!  I’ll have you know I’ve just run 5 miles in less than 45 mins.  I’m a fine figure of a man!!!

Edit:  I should probably add I don’t care if you live, the overriding theme is I don’t care. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It's an inconvenient fact that mainstream news organisations use minority spokespeople to alienate some sections of their broader target audience.  Owen Jones and Sakhar fit the profile perfectly.

Ah, so they are too stupid to know they are being used? Nice.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Ah, so they are too stupid to know they are being used? Nice.  

No I didnt say that. A lot of media spokespeople or whatever we call them do carve out a nice little earner giving their tuppunce worth on mainstream media. That goes for all sides. 

43 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think I finally understand it now.

It's old school capitalism vs new school.

The old school want regulation and elections so long as they can influence them enough to protect their own position, whereas the new school don't want any of that. They want unregulated, undemocratic measures in place.

they essentially want to tear it all down and burn it to the ground.

Its fucking terrifying stuff.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha, you have one bad picture and you get fat shamed.  I know how Lady Gaga feels now.   

Ah the old it was a bad picture routine Blame the photographer. You're sounding like Elizabeth fucking Taylor, caught you on your bad side. At least you're showing a sense of humour for once.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No I didnt say that. A lot of media spokespeople or whatever we call them do carve out a nice little earner giving their tuppunce worth on mainstream media. That goes for all sides. 

So they know they are being used, but chose to carry on with the charade because they are

making money?  Wow.  So, despite knowing Ash is only in it for the money you still like her? Weird. Of course the other option is you’re talking shite. Again. 

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

I think I finally understand it now.

It's old school capitalism vs new school.

The old school want regulation and elections so long as they can influence them enough to protect their own position, whereas the new school don't want any of that. They want unregulated, undemocratic measures in place.

they essentially want to tear it all down and burn it to the ground.

Its fucking terrifying stuff.

There was an article about it a while back, think it was in the NYT, and it was about why the Koch brothers didn't like Trump and it basically said that.. 

Basically that in traditional capitalism the big players have 'some' goals that coincide with ours. I.e, happy(ish) people living under rule of law and relative geopolitical stability spend money. 

The new breed though make money through chaos, they short stocks and bet against markets (that's how "dishy Rishy" made his millions during the credit crunch).

If people lose their jobs their houses can be hoovered up en masse by property tycoons, if the NHS goes bust it can be dismantled and sold off, if councils go bust their care homes and the likes can be "rescued" by the private sector, and on and on. 

• Upvote 2