Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 1300 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

  

310 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

    • Yes
      252
    • No
      58


Recommended Posts

Silly cow. Should have maybe realised this before she started with this Lexit shite. Numerous Labour MPs and members  just as culpable as the Far Right for the job losses and food shortages coming up.

Screenshot_20201210_214428_com.whatsapp.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Silly cow. Should have maybe realised this before she started with this Lexit shite. Numerous Labour MPs and members  just as culpable as the Far Right for the job losses and food shortages coming up.

Screenshot_20201210_214428_com.whatsapp.jpg

The cunt was born in Germany as well, so I bet she has her passport application ready. 
 

The little people will pay the price of brexit and some stupid cunts will claim that this is what they wanted all along. Same stupid cunt will vote these shysters back in again ( yes I know she was Labour ) but a cunt is a cunt no matter what colour rosette they wear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Didn't Corbyn come out and say straight after the ref, that the vote would be respected and then that's when the Remainers in the party started to turn against him even more? 

 

Yes he did. Brexit has fucked the Labour Party beyond belief. 

 

The problem was that the Labour membership were about 75% remain, so always wanted that to be an option. 

 

As soon as May got the DUP on board after the 2017 election, it was always going to be a lose lose situation for Labour. I can't see any path after that election that could have worked out any better for them?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Owen Jones is a bellend. Changes his stance as much as the weather. 

 

This is another issue. The perception of the Labour party is now that its a party of students and hippies, and people like Owen Jones, do more damage than good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

 

This is another issue. The perception of the Labour party is now that its a party of students and hippies, and people like Owen Jones, do more damage than good.  

It's a problem for a lot of political parties / politics in general.  The only people really interested in joining political parties are the people who are passionately on one side or the other.

For the right, these are increasingly racist, sexist and/or extremely religious nutters.  They don't really have anything in common with the old members or traditional voters of well off doctors, lawyers, etc.

 

On the left, because the Unions have been gradually wasted away (partly due to deliberate activity by conservative governments, partly due to the fact of automation in the workplace and that the industrial revolution was 200 years ago, and there are very few huge employers any more), there aren't the same membership interests in the old blue collar core issues of employment, education, etc.  The members are vocal about personal liberty issues, foreign affairs, etc. and so these dominate the discourse.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

 

This is another issue. The perception of the Labour party is now that its a party of students and hippies, and people like Owen Jones, do more damage than good.  

I imagine the average Joe on the street after reading a Owen Jones article would be more likely to join the Moonies than the Labour party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I imagine the average Joe on the street after reading a Owen Jones article would be more likely to join the Moonies than the Labour party.

Let's be honest, the average Joe on the street has never read an Owen Jones article.   Unless he ever hits the front page headlines for some reason, most people will neither know who he is nor give a shit what he says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Let's be honest, the average Joe on the street has never read an Owen Jones article.   Unless he ever hits the front page headlines for some reason, most people will neither know who he is nor give a shit what he says.

He’s wheeled out quite often, I’d say a lot of people would know him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Let's be honest, the average Joe on the street has never read an Owen Jones article.   Unless he ever hits the front page headlines for some reason, most people will neither know who he is nor give a shit what he says.

Thank fuck for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s wheeled out quite often, I’d say a lot of people would know him.   

He's wheeled out to the afternoon or late night politics shows.  The two dozen people and a dog who watch them will be familiar with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's wheeled out to the afternoon or late night politics shows.  The two dozen people and a dog who watch them will be familiar with him.

He’s well enough known to get beaten up for being Owen Jones.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an article on the breakdown of how UK fishing rights are currently held. 
 

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/10/11/fishing-quota-uk-defra-michael-gove/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

Spoiler:

 

Quote
  • The five largest quota-holders control more than a third of UK fishing quota
  • Four of the top five belong to families on the Sunday Times Rich List
  • The fifth is a Dutch multinational whose UK subsidiary – North Atlantic Fishing Company – controls around a quarter of England’s fishing quota
  • Around half of England’s quota is ultimately owned by Dutch, Icelandic, or Spanish interests
  • More than half (13) of the top 25 quota holders have directors, shareholders, or vessel partners who were convicted of offences in Scotland’s £63m “black fish” scam – a huge, sophisticated fraud that saw trawlermen and fish processors working together to evade quota limits and land 170,000 tonnes of undeclared herring and mackerel
  • One of the flagships of the “Brexit flotilla” – which sailed up the Thames in 2016 to demand the UK’s exit from the EU – is among the UK’s 10 biggest quota-holders
  • Around 29% of UK fishing quota is directly controlled by Rich List families. Some of these families have investments in dozens of other fishing companies, meaning companies holding 37% of UK quota are wholly or partly owned by these Rich List families.

 

Most small independents currently sell their catch to the EU so will also be hit by Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea Brexit will save the fishing industry appears to be misguided at best, and downright disingenuous at worst. I’ll leave you to decide which end of the scale is more likely given the protagonists involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones has a million followers on Twitter, half a million between Facebook and Instagram, 150,000 on YouTube, is a successful award winning author, has a weekly column with the Guardian, having written for multiple other major news organisations and winning awards for doing so, is listed in several ‘most important’ lists, and regularly appears on daytime TV, current affairs and political programs and radio shows. I don’t think there’s much argument as to whether he is well known. How important he is to people outside of the political bubble is debatable. He is one of the most visible, well known lefties outside of Corbyn. 
 

I used to talk to him quite a bit a decade ago. He wasn’t like he is now. He is either acting or he has let it all go to his head. I suspect it’s a bit of both. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Anyone want to apply for the job of North Sea Torpedo Commander?

 

 

 

Bob Peckham is simultaneously both the most ‘Bob’ Bob and the most ‘Peckham’ Peckham and be ever seen. He’s the most Bob Peckham person over ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Numero said:

Jones has a million followers on Twitter, half a million between Facebook and Instagram, 150,000 on YouTube, is a successful award winning author, has a weekly column with the Guardian, having written for multiple other major news organisations and winning awards for doing so, is listed in several ‘most important’ lists, and regularly appears on daytime TV, current affairs and political programs and radio shows. I don’t think there’s much argument as to whether he is well known. How important he is to people outside of the political bubble is debatable. He is one of the most visible, well known lefties outside of Corbyn. 
 

I used to talk to him quite a bit a decade ago. He wasn’t like he is now. He is either acting or he has let it all go to his head. I suspect it’s a bit of both. 

Thinly veiled "the little twat blocked me" post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s well enough known to get beaten up for being Owen Jones.  

I'm happy to say that the Nazi cunts who attacked him aren't "the average Joe on the street".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Numero said:

I don’t think there’s much argument as to whether he is well known. How important he is to people outside of the political bubble is debatable. 

This.  If you are actively interested in politics, you'll be aware of him.  If (like the vast majority of the country) you're mostly indifferent, then you won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm happy to say that the Nazi cunts who attacked him aren't "the average Joe on the street".

He’d be absolutely furious if he could hear you.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×