You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Are you fucking serious l?  Are you seriously trying to whitewash the eu involvement in this fucking fraud? 

I for one am glad unelected shysters will no longer be running this country and implementing policies that directly lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of our citizens.  We’ll be much better off on our own as those dumb fuckers in Europe won’t be able to handle it and will probably need us to help them out again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The corruption is those claiming it, when they know that's not what it's intended for. IDS is in public office and Dacre has spent years vilifying anybody who claims benefits.

I understand after a lot of online bullying most anti eu posters have decided to call it a day on this forum but please dont piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/eu-farm-subsidies-central-eastern-europe-hungary-viktor-orban-populist-oligarch-a9183911.html

If anyone wants to discuss the above link crack on.

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I for one am glad unelected shysters will no longer be running this country and implementing policies that directly lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of our citizens.  We’ll be much better off on our own as those dumb fuckers in Europe won’t be able to handle it and will probably need us to help them out again. 

Ridiculous post  I take it you talking about Cummings but we can be against two wrongs at the same time, it's really not one or the other 

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Are you fucking serious l?  Are you seriously trying to whitewash the eu involvement in this fucking fraud? 

Who is whitewashing anything. Wealthy people claiming benefits for reasons they were not intended for, doing it knowingly while attacking those who claim benefits for genuine reasons are what I think is corrupt. Channel 5 spends half it's air time on poor people claiming money, fuck all about decision makers doing it or people who set the narrative about leeches on society. I never commented on the EU I commented on the hypocracy.

So Cummings is the co-owner of a farm that received significant subsidies from the EU, and yet he was the architect of Brexit.

Is that down to altruism--that he's willing to sacrifice some portion of his income for the greater good?

Or is it that he sees the net benefit to himself being greater post-Brexit than pre-?

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I understand after a lot of online bullying most anti eu posters have decided to call it a day on this forum but please dont piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Really?

There hasn't been any online bullying in the 1246 pages of this thread.  There's been a lot of disagreeing with people and questioning their intelligence, but that's really not bullying by any stretch.

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'll discuss it.

Firstly, contrary to what you often claim, nobody on here has ever pretended that the EU is the answer to everyone's prayers.  It is deeply flawed in many ways and the CAP is so huge and its aims are so wide-ranging that it's bound to produce crap results in many ways.

Here's an overview.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Agricultural_Policy#Background

https://ec.europa.eu/info/food-farming-fisheries/key-policies/common-agricultural-policy/cap-glance_en

But the EU is only ever going to be as good as its Member States.  Not everything that turns to shit within the EU can be blamed on the EU itself.  Under pressure from critics who fear federalism, the EU has a decades-old principle of subsidiarity, meaning that it only performs those functions which are best performed at an EU-wide level.  One result of this is that the CAP grants are given to Member States and they decide how best to disburse them.

“The European Union has very limited instruments for dealing with gangster member states... It’s true on policy, on agriculture, on immigration. It’s a real problem.”

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The sooner Brussels and the EU are disbanded the better, a corrupt system for the benefit of the the European elite.

Try reading a history book.

The post-war generation started the move towards European integration for a very good reason.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Oh not this peace and love between the countries nonsense again.

The EU makes it practically impossible for two Member States to ģo to war; it's why the whole move towards European union was initiated.

Those are just facts. Whatever criticisms you have of the EU today, you undermine your own arguments if you deny obvious facts.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The EU makes it practically impossible for two Member States to ģo to war; it's why the whole move towards European union was initiated.

Those are just facts. Whatever criticisms you have of the EU today, you undermine your own arguments if you deny obvious facts.

Ah, there were never any wars in Europe anyway, it's total overkill.

28 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Are you still banging on about this bollocks? We are in the process of heartily fucking off. It’s over. 

It may be bollocks to you numero but the flying over of hundreds of low paid workers during a pandemic whilst the world is fighting climate change is very relevant, especially as it now turns out one of the recipients of mass eu free cash is Dominic Cummings father. Also the lack of workers to cultivate crops on British farms is topical news,  or maybe you missed our own Bonney Prince Charlie giving us all the value of his opinion. As this is a public messageboard i dont see why you should sound so perturbed at me giving mine. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of eu policy, and those who seem to believe the eu can do no wrong.

The eu policy which for the past couple of decades has been thus ;

1. EU gives generous grants to extremely wealthy landowners.

2. Landowners fly extremely poor people from one side of world to other in charter planes.

3. Number 2 benefits number 1 whilst suppressing wages in said country.

Ps. Insert calling poster, Racist, Bigot, Idot cunt etc  in the space below.

18 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ah, there were never any wars in Europe anyway, it's total overkill.

Well to be fair after the second world war Europe was a little bit tired of war so to credit peace to the eu is pushing it a bit.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

It may be bollocks to you numero but the flying over of hundreds of low paid workers during a pandemic whilst the world is fighting climate change is very relevant, especially as it now turns out one of the recipients of mass eu free cash is Dominic Cummings father. Also the lack of workers to cultivate crops on British farms is topical news,  or maybe you missed our own Bonney Prince Charlie giving us all the value of his opinion. As this is a public messageboard i dont see why you should sound so perturbed at me giving mine. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of eu policy, and those who seem to believe the eu can do no wrong.

2. Landowners fly extremely poor people from one side of world to other in charter planes.

How many fucking times??

UK PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO DO SEASONAL FARM WORK BECAUSE THEY'D HAVE TO MOVE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS A YEAR AS THE MAJORITY OF THESE FARMS ARE MILES FROM ANY TOWN AND IF THEY HAVE FAMILIES THEN ITS A VIRTUAL IMPOSSIBILITY AND IF THEY THEN HAVE TO CLAIM UC ONCE THE FARM WORK HAS FINISHED IT'D TAKE 2-3 MONTHS BEFORE THEY RECEIVED ANY BENEFITS AND WHERE WERE YOU WHEN IMMIGRANTS WERE COMING OVER SINCE THE 12TH CENTURY TO DO THIS WORK?!

FFS! You're boring. It's genuinely worrying you keep on at the same thing when virtually no one else is bumping this thread. You've got the Brexit you want, even when you didn't vote because you knew it'd be a sledgehammer to the hopes of many youngsters. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ps. Insert calling poster, Racist, Bigot, Idot cunt etc  in the space below.

Hahahahah. You’re a card, Gnash. 

35 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Thank fuck theres nothing in the treaty to stop the youth of Greece throwing petrol bombs at Jean Claude Junker. 

37 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Thank fuck theres nothing in the treaty to stop the youth of Greece throwing petrol bombs at Jean Claude Junker. 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Eh, your first sentence, the one where THE CAPS LOCKED, not true, not true at all. I cant comment on the rest of your post as I didnt bother reading it

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-29/vineyard-owner-wine-grapes-coronavirus-community-oxfordshire-barbara-laithwaite/

To be fair it appears you read fuck all you post anyway. However when and where furloughed, people tend to have time on their hands to help out. It's happening around the country. You're having real trouble comprehending things.