You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

1) People should believe her until she gives them a reason not to.

Look, 2) I understand that Labour are shit scared of Swinson, especially after that poll last month which showed that even Labour voters prefer Swinson to Corbyn as PM. It's an insult to my intelligence to pretend that this is anything other than that.

1) SD she has already given people reason not to believe her. She wanted an EU referendum ages ago! Now she is saying she wants to cancel Brexit! You can not hide away or lie your way out of that point. 

She is a liar and her voting record is a disgrace particularly on welfare/benefits. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1178643/lib-dem-party-jo-swinson-lib-dem-liberal-democrat-tory-defectors-phillip-lee

She also lied when tweeting about Corbyn being inactive in the 2016 referendum when in-fact he was very active whilst the Lib Dems were pretty much invisible. 

2) giphy.gif giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Never pointed out obviously but 4.5 million Tory voters voted Remain in 2016, aren't the Tories ignoring them ? 

Given the choice of Brexit or Corbyn, difficult choice for Tory remainers. 

Given the choice of Remain or Johnson, is not an issue obviously. 

This is where I suppose the Brexit Labour and LibDem Tory vote is expected to cause problems.

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People should believe her until she gives them a reason not to.

Look, I understand that Labour are shit scared of Swinson, especially after that poll last month which showed that even Labour voters prefer Swinson to Corbyn as PM. It's an insult to my intelligence to pretend that this is anything other than that.

She’s proven time and again she has no morals and cannot be trusted. 

• Upvote 1

The polls suggest the Lib Dems are doing well. But when it comes to the crunch I can see people not voting for them for a number of reasons;

1 - Swinson's voting record is shocking and she's not well liked (Thatcher statue FFS).

2 - Swinson has changed her mind numerous times over the past few months, making it hard to trust her.

3 - The Lib Dems last affair with the Tories.

4 - They are throwing their eggs all in into the Brexit basket and have fuck all other policies of note.

They'll do better than last time of course, winning over those Tories who are on the fence along with their solid "I am a Tory but I don't want to be seen as a Tory" voter base.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I see Swinson hasn't committed to wanting under 18's vote because she knows most will back Corbyn. Hateful cunt 

Is anything you write about Swinson true?

Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson now speaks.

"I do want 16 and 17-years-old to be able to vote," she says.

"It is a change whose time is coming.

"Of course I would vote for that change."

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yes the points above that you have conveniently avoided as per usual when presented with facts. 

When did she say that? 

"Facts".

She said it today, in the debate they're having in Parliament right now. That's an example of a real fact.

All academic, of course, as the votes at 16 amendment hasn't been selected for voting.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

"Facts".

She said it today, in the debate they're having in Parliament right now. That's an example of a real fact.

All academic, of course, as the votes at 16 amendment hasn't been selected for voting.

Must have not long said it then as they were sitting on the fence. 

Bt what about the other points raised earlier on this thread by me and others that you have chosen to ignore? Lies, hypocrisy, convenient ignorance and shithouse tactics the name of the game again? 

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Efforts by opposition MPs to lower the voting age to 16 and allow EU nationals to take part have failed.

Why were neither of these selected?

Bercow not choosing the amendments today maybe? 

I’ve been saying for years 16 year olds should have the right to vote and remember being in the minority on here when it was discussed years ago. 

Would be interesting to see how people’s views have changed over time but I’ve fuck all idea how to use the new search function or what thread it was in. 

9 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Efforts by opposition MPs to lower the voting age to 16 and allow EU nationals to take part have failed.

Why were neither of these selected?

It's provisional. The deputy speaker, Hoyle, didn't select them. Coincidentally he is also in the running for the Speakers chair and probably didn't want to court controversy and accusations of bias.

Presumably Bercow can overturn the decision.

Edit: Ignore me, Hoyle confirmed it. It's not provisional now.