You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

Even though the election will be about Brexit. The Johnson deal and the Lib Dems appointing  a former austerity minister for slashing employment rights will come back to haunt them. Workers rights, healthcare, privatisation, the environment and education should dominate the election most are entwined within Johnsons Brexit deal. 

Things like Johnson wants to slash your annual holiday to ten days but now former employment minister in the coalition government wants your vote she claims to be on the opposite side etc.

IMG_20191024_182446.jpg

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/24/majority-of-voters-think-violence-against-mps-is-price-worth-paying-for-brexit

The current politicians, especially those populist Tories, have fucked it a little bit for sure.

What a time to be alive!

Hardline Remainers haven't covered themselves in glory, either.

If only there were a political party trying to stem the dangerous tide of polarisation on this one issue...

• Upvote 3

We should implement the Game Of Thrones Protocol and start sounding out Manchester, Leeds, and (offering them the opportunity to hang Ashley) Newcastle.

We can band together against Kings Landing down on the Thames, offer a break away alliance with the Wildlings north of Hadrian’s Wall, and stick with our grand alliance with the Eastern Kingdoms across the North Sea and English Channel.

Ourselves and Newcastle can offer port facilities to the east and west. Manchester a distribution hub, and Leeds as a financial gateway to Europe. Hell, see if Wales want to throw in with us.

33 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We should implement the Game Of Thrones Protocol and start sounding out Manchester, Leeds, and (offering them the opportunity to hang Ashley) Newcastle.

We can band together against Kings Landing down on the Thames, offer a break away alliance with the Wildlings north of Hadrian’s Wall, and stick with our grand alliance with the Eastern Kingdoms across the North Sea and English Channel.

Ourselves and Newcastle can offer port facilities to the east and west. Manchester a distribution hub, and Leeds as a financial gateway to Europe. Hell, see if Wales want to throw in with us.

latest?cb=20090402185213

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What a time to be alive!

Hardline Remainers haven't covered themselves in glory, either.

If only there were a political party trying to stem the dangerous tide of polarisation on this one issue...

What the hell is a hardline remainer?

Somebody who wants to keep the status quo re our relationship with the EU?

I don't think so

Ridiculous expression

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

You need to come down as far as Sheffield and you'll want Hull as your main port to the east. 

54 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I don't think so

Ridiculous expression

Not just someone who wants to keep the status quo. (I'm one of those, but I don't consider myself hardline.)  Someone who ignores or dismisses the half of the population who disagree with them, rather than trying to find some sort of room to agree a compromise - Alistair Campbell or the Lib Dems, for example.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mattyq said:

I don't think so

Ridiculous expression

A hardline remainer would be signing us up to the Euro, Schengen and a so far imaginary EU army. 

Remain as we are is the sane, fuck all changes, central position. 

Actually, I'd say "remain as we are" isn't good enough. 

Half the 2016 electorate voted out. No doubt some were motivated by greed, racism and stupidity, but millions will have been motivated by genuine grievances with the political and economic status quo (grievances they have been gulled into blaming on immigrants and EU lawmakers).

As well as remaining in the EU, we need to understand and tackle those grievances. 

The people I call hardliners are those who act as though remaining in the EU, at all costs, is the only thing that matters. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Actually, I'd say "remain as we are" isn't good enough. 

Half the 2016 electorate voted out. No doubt some were motivated by greed, racism and stupidity, but millions will have been motivated by genuine grievances with the political and economic status quo (grievances they have been gulled into blaming on immigrants and EU lawmakers).

As well as remaining in the EU, we need to understand and tackle those grievances. 

The people I call hardliners are those who act as though remaining in the EU, at all costs, is the only thing that matters. 

That's the most ridiculous bit about 'Change UK' and supposedly progressive Lib Dems- they're just arguing for the status quo, as if everything was fine.

On 21/10/2019 at 10:18, ZonkoVille77 said:

DUP are backward cunts. About absolutely everything.

The sooner all those bitter bastards die off, the better.

@A Red let the hate flow through you, like a good bitter bigotted unionist should. A United Ireland is on the way within a generation. Make your plans to leave now. 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not just someone who wants to keep the status quo. (I'm one of those, but I don't consider myself hardline.)  Someone who ignores or dismisses the half of the population who disagree with them, rather than trying to find some sort of room to agree a compromise - Alistair Campbell or the Lib Dems, for example.

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

A hardline remainer would be signing us up to the Euro, Schengen and a so far imaginary EU army. 

Remain as we are is the sane, fuck all changes, central position. 

Fair enough

What about if you now want a federal Europe and a European army but feel you still need a referendum?

Gnash would be the first conscript to the glorious European army and would glorify in his role of corporal (1st class) of the 1st Brigade of Walloon and Utzenberg stationed on permanent latrine duty in the glorious republic of Trans Dneiper