You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

49 minutes ago, M_B said:

So from his first session today, it seems his plan is to get the EU to remove the backstop. If they don't then he won't pay them the £39 billion. Not only is that legally questionable, but the EU have stated that nothing will be negotiated post brexit until the £39 billion is paid.

And if they don't remove the backstop, then he won't bring it back to Parliament for a vote and we'll crash out by default. He and Moog have been pushing the "Parliament has already voted for Brexit" line all day.

Marvellous.

Makes Corbyn's refusal to back Swinsons move to a  no confidence vote incomprehensible

It would quite obviously be stupid to set up a VONC at the moment when all of the potential Tory rebels have said they want to see how the EU negotiations go over the summer recess , and the DUP have said they would support him. I know Swinson is trying to make her mark as a new leader but she hasn't had a good few days. 

Cocaine. I think I read it on here but apparently modern day torture is far worse than anything humanity has conceived of before. Mexican cartels pump victims full of adrenaline so they can't black out and slowly dismember them, peel off their skin, cut off body parts, all while the person is conscious  they treat them so they can't bleed to death and essentially carry on until the body just gives up which can take days even weeks. Really though it's not cocaine that fuels the craziness it's greed a lust for money. If Mcvey stumbles across this post somehow she will probably frig herself silly at that bit of torture talk.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It would quite obviously be stupid to set up a VONC at the moment when all of the potential Tory rebels have said they want to see how the EU negotiations go over the summer recess , and the DUP have said they would support him. I know Swinson is trying to make her mark as a new leader but she hasn't had a good few days. 

There won't be any negotiations. Brexit really got on the tits of the EU but in some ways they were understanding of May's predicament, this cunt is getting no leeway at all, he's hated by every country bar 2 or 3 racist leaders.

I can't see any scenario other than accidentally crashing out with no deal. A further extension for no reason other than the UK doesn't know what it wants won't be provided. Stack up on tinned corned beef.

I agree with that No 2 , but they have got to at least give him the chance to have a go or it will just look like they had a titty lip as they were not named in the cabinet. I would like to see the bastard thrown out asap but the maths and the politics clearly don't work at this point.

Leaving it over summer gives the Lib Dems the chance to win the Brecon election , the Tory wets the chance to say we let him have a go but he's fucking useless, and if his Backstop wheezes evaporate he may even lose the Prods. 

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Cocaine. I think I read it on here but apparently modern day torture is far worse than anything humanity has conceived of before. Mexican cartels pump victims full of adrenaline so they can't black out and slowly dismember them, peel off their skin, cut off body parts, all while the person is conscious  they treat them so they can't bleed to death and essentially carry on until the body just gives up which can take days even weeks. Really though it's not cocaine that fuels the craziness it's greed a lust for money. If Mcvey stumbles across this post somehow she will probably frig herself silly at that bit of torture talk.

I was going to use that example of bath salts when the homeless fella in Miami started eating his mates face thinking he was a tiger. Went to google it to make sure it was bath-salts and the tiger was eating his face because he thought the fella had stolen his bible. 

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

All while the people who launder their money sit in the City of London immune to prosecution and with no one with any power actually giving a fuck. 

18 hours ago, magicrat said:

Makes Corbyn's refusal to back Swinsons move to a  no confidence vote incomprehensible

A VONC now is like trying a half-arsed speculative shot against a reserve keeper who has just come on; all you do is give him an easy save which builds his confidence. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A VONC now is like trying a half-arsed speculative shot against a reserve keeper who has just come on; all you do is give him an easy save which builds his confidence. 

It was the last day a VONC could be put down that would enable a GE before Oct 31st. It will come just after Parliament returns . Given a number of weeks for Johnson to flail about getting nowhere and telling more porkies the gloss would well and truly be off by then. Labour should join and Corbyn may well get his election.

I suspect however he wants Brexit deadline passed before he moves and if Johnson gets a deal over the line it will be curtains for Labour. 

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I was going to use that example of bath salts when the homeless fella in Miami started eating his mates face thinking he was a tiger. Went to google it to make sure it was bath-salts and the tiger was eating his face because he thought the fella had stolen his bible. 

And? Had he?

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

It was the last day a VONC could be put down that would enable a GE before Oct 31st. It will come just after Parliament returns . Given a number of weeks for Johnson to flail about getting nowhere and telling more porkies the gloss would well and truly be off by then. Labour should join and Corbyn may well get his election.

I suspect however he wants Brexit deadline passed before he moves and if Johnson gets a deal over the line it will be curtains for Labour. 

I don't think it's that complicated , they know it would fail and give Johnson a real boost.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I don't think it's that complicated , they know it would fail and give Johnson a real boost.

They can't know that. You can say that about the timing of any confidence vote.

The hardliners have already said they will vote down any deal 

Do you not think they would have the likes of Starmer talking to the possible rebels ?

They would all get lynched by their local constituency parties if they voted against Johnson without even giving him the appearance of a chance to do the things he blithely claims he will. 

The timing is very annoying and I would love to see the back of the fat shit,  but I genuinely think it is the correct course of action.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Do you not think they would have the likes of Starmer talking to the possible rebels ?

They would all get lynched by their local constituency parties if they voted against Johnson without even giving him the appearance of a chance to do the things he blithely claims he will. 

The timing is very annoying and I would love to see the back of the fat shit,  but I genuinely think it is the correct course of action.

We'll see.