You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Hopefully not to well,

As for the conservatives, the number of Britannia Unchained psychos Johnson has lined up for senior ministerial posts really worry me, this could easily be the most far right government in terms of both social policy and economics that we've had for a generation.

I think you're dead right and it will be more right wing than longer than a mere generation. I think they'll make Thatcher look reasonable. IDS as chancellor. The blood chills. And mogg in the background as puppet master. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I think you're dead right and it will be more right wing than longer than a mere generation. I think they'll make Thatcher look reasonable. IDS as chancellor. The blood chills. And mogg in the background as puppet master. 

Gnasher will be along in a moment to explain to you neoliberal luvvies why this is a victory for the working class.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Have you seen this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-cabinet-patel-davis-mogg-no-deal-brexit-a9015556.html

Ayn Rand fanboy Javid as Chancellor, Priti Patel as Home Sec, IDS as chief whip and the titrated headbangers (Liz Truss, Kwasi Kwarteng, Dominic Raab and Chis Skidmore) filling other prominent cabinet posts? Hmm this could be brutal, I'm just hoping that their already wafer thin majority will get squeezed even more with Brecon and Radnorshire going to the libs.

They may try and mainline that tax cut proposal of his though, "making us more competitive" or some claptrap.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Have you seen this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-cabinet-patel-davis-mogg-no-deal-brexit-a9015556.html

Ayn Rand fanboy Javid as Chancellor, Priti Patel as Home Sec, IDS as chief whip and the titrated headbangers (Liz Truss, Kwasi Kwarteng, Dominic Raab and Chis Skidmore) filling other prominent cabinet posts? Hmm this could be brutal, I'm just hoping that their already wafer thin majority will get squeezed even more with Brecon and Radnorshire going to the libs.

They may try and mainline that tax cut proposal of his though, "making us more competitive" or some claptrap.

I don't think he'll last long. He's promised so many people so many different things it's bound to unravel very quickly.

54 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Have you seen this?

The sex-pest guy has had the whip removed yesterday as well.

On 22/07/2019 at 13:25, AngryofTuebrook said:

Gnasher will be along in a moment to explain to you neoliberal luvvies why this is a victory for the working class.

Do you believe the past  30 years eu neoliberism has been a victory for the working class angry?

On 23/07/2019 at 19:01, Gnasher said:

Do you believe the past  30 years eu neoliberism has been a victory for the working class angry?

Neoliberalism in Europe has been led by the UK. In many important respects (Working Time Directive, Tyco case, etc.) the EU is not as hardline neoliberal as successive UK Governments have wanted.

40 years of UK neoliberalism led to 51.9% of the population thinking they could give the ruling classes a bloody nose by punching themselves in the face.

What you term "EU neoliberalism" will look like a Golden Age if Johnson and his bunch of extremists get to enact their version of Brexit and a post-Brexit economy. 

So from his first session today, it seems his plan is to get the EU to remove the backstop. If they don't then he won't pay them the £39 billion. Not only is that legally questionable, but the EU have stated that nothing will be negotiated post brexit until the £39 billion is paid.

And if they don't remove the backstop, then he won't bring it back to Parliament for a vote and we'll crash out by default. He and Moog have been pushing the "Parliament has already voted for Brexit" line all day.

Marvellous.