You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Haha, nope. I just got tired of Gnasher and have been mocking his posting for a while now. I should really grow up.

So you just got tired and decided to defend billionaire poultry owners paying workers peanuts, as you do, and Angry, a trade union representative jumped in with both feet to defend it, oh well.

18 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Haha, nope. I just got tired of Gnasher and have been mocking his posting for a while now. I should really grow up.

You've got a chance to grow up but I doubt you'll ever grow out of being a closet tory.

I think the 'many a true word said in haste' is close to the butchers bone on you mocking poor people who can only afford cheaper cuts of meat in supermarkets eh?

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

None of this happened.

Yes it did. Its there in black and white Angry. 

"If you didn't eat cheap meat  then they wouldn't be under pressure to continually reduce wages"

He's implying it's the poor people who can only afford cheap meat who are to blame for their own low wages and you're defending him.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody claims the EU is left wing or "the good guys".

Well why the criticism for those from the left who refuse to prop them up and support them? Anyone else post the veiws of prominent left wingers on this subject?

On another thread you said two posters spoke more sense than anything on here, I take it people from the left like Varoufakis grind your gears because I've posted plenty of links which give his opinions, or the O'Conner (definitely not left wing) articles posted on employment matters? I'd thought they'd be right up your street Angry, the last two links I've provided are from a former Greek finance minister who dealt directly with the EU and World banks and a screenwriter for Ken Loach, I wouldn't class either as 'nonsensicle' maybe you're suffering from don't like the messages shoot bullets at the messenger syndrome.

Anyway what do think of the tax evasion taking place in Luxembourg? 

'Estimates from the Tax Justice Network suggest the UK, together with its Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories, is responsible for 42 per cent of the $427bn in tax revenue that is lost globally to corporate and private tax avoidance. At $160bn per year, this is more than Britain spends on education and defence combined.'

And only likely to get worse with further deregulation.

Glass houses and that...

https://www.newstatesman.com/business/companies/2021/04/what-global-britain-really-means-tax-avoidance-unprecedented-scale

47 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'Estimates from the Tax Justice Network suggest the UK, together with its Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories, is responsible for 42 per cent of the $427bn in tax revenue that is lost globally to corporate and private tax avoidance. At $160bn per year, this is more than Britain spends on education and defence combined.'

And only likely to get worse with further deregulation.

Glass houses and that...

https://www.newstatesman.com/business/companies/2021/04/what-global-britain-really-means-tax-avoidance-unprecedented-scale

That's not new though. I'm still convinced that the sole reason for the push to leave the EU was purely to avoid their attempts at stricter tax avoidance and money laundering laws as it's the one area we lead the world in.

Traffickers or any kind, be it drugs, weapons, people or anything else that causes death and misery around the world most of it is laundered through the City of London.

Money laundering is the one thing we lead the world in.

7 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

That's not new though. I'm still convinced that the sole reason for the push to leave the EU was purely to avoid their attempts at stricter tax avoidance and money laundering laws as it's the one area we lead the world in.

Traffickers or any kind, be it drugs, weapons, people or anything else that causes death and misery around the world most of it is laundered through the City of London.

Money laundering is the one thing we lead the world in.

Too true.

Singapore on sea, but they fucked up the negotations on equivalency so floods of financial sevrices are leaving london for the EU, an all round failure of negotation and will make our efforts to regain tham futile as they can get what they need better elsewhere and what we are left with is the dirty money, spivs and criminals using us to launder their ill gotten gains.

Yep, for Banks, Tice and the rest of the cunts that paid for and pushed for this it was always about deregulation, both financial and rights.

For the others it was about destabilising the EU as a trading block, and again, job done.

The arguments for or against are moot until you acknowledge that the cunts that did this did this for a reason and it had fuckall to do with the man on the street.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Too true.

Singapore on sea, but they fucked up the negotations on equivalency so floods of financial sevrices are leaving london for the EU, an all round failure of negotation and will make our efforts to regain tham futile as they can get what they need better elsewhere and what we are left with is the dirty money, spivs and criminals using us to launder their ill gotten gains.

Yep, for Banks, Tice and the rest of the cunts that paid for and pushed for this it was always about deregulation, both financial and rights.

For the others it was about destabilising the EU as a trading block, and again, job done.

The arguments for or against are moot until you acknowledge that the cunts that did this did this for a reason and it had fuckall to do with the man on the street.

You think the EU was created and exists for the man on the street?  A lot of the cunts who pushed for Brexit may not have had the man on the street in mind but the decision has certainly affected the man on the street and not entirely to his/her detriment, so it's not "moot" at all. 

Lots and lots of huff and puff

"5 reasons money launderers won’t worry about EU crackdown – POLITICO" https://www.politico.eu/article/money-laundering-eu-crackdown-5-reasons/amp/

About time to!

I wait for the newly soverign UK to follow suit.

'Gig economy companies operating in the European Union, such as Uber and Deliveroo, must ensure workers get the minimum wage, access to sick pay, holidays and other employment rights under plans for new laws to crack down on fake self-employment.

Publishing long-awaited draft legislation on Thursday, the European Commission said the burden of proof on employment status would shift to companies, rather than the individuals that work for them. Until now, gig economy workers have had to go to court to prove they are employees, or risk being denied basic rights.

Nicolas Schmit, EU commissioner for jobs and social rights, told the Guardian and other European newspapers that internet platforms “have used grey zones in our legislation [and] all possible ambiguities” to develop their business models, resulting in a “misclassification” of millions of workers.'

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/09/gig-economy-workers-to-get-employee-rights-under-eu-proposals

41 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Bloody brexit;  chapter 146

"UK unemployment rate falls despite end of job furlough scheme | UK unemployment and employment statistics | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/14/uk-unemployment-rate-falls-despite-end-of-job-furlough-scheme

The EU do a million things, 99% of them go on in the background or never touch most people. My god child was 21 yesterday so we where out for dinner. He was chatting about doing his Erasmus in either Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam next year. He's Irish with an English mother and in University in Dublin. This stuff is the EU in action in its purest form and UK students can't avail of it. One of the very few things in international relations that you can actually touch and it's gone. That is sad, taken from them from by people that are 30 years closer to death than university age. Jacobs kids will be able to go of course but not the kids of those getting 10% payrises.

31 minutes ago, No2 said:

The EU do a million things, 99% of them go on in the background or never touch most people. My god child was 21 yesterday so we where out for dinner. He was chatting about doing his Erasmus in either Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam next year. He's Irish with an English mother and in University in Dublin. This stuff is the EU in action in its purest form and UK students can't avail of it. One of the very few things in international relations that you can actually touch and it's gone. That is sad, taken from them from by people that are 30 years closer to death than university age. Jacobs kids will be able to go of course but not the kids of those getting 10% payrises.

Talking of pay rises, 1% across the board after inflation. I do take and understand your point on a lot of kids suffering restrictions throughout Europe but It's undoubtedly good news for youngsters regarding low unemployment and record job vacancies, some may remember three million unemployed, when in the EU.

Edit; link, 

"UK unemployment rate falls despite end of job furlough scheme | UK unemployment and employment statistics | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/14/uk-unemployment-rate-falls-despite-end-of-job-furlough-scheme

On 12/10/2021 at 14:07, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No it doesn't. The only way that happens is if wage rises drive a general increase in inflation (which you're adamant won't happen; and I'm inclined to agree with you on that score). Workers in other sectors will want a pay rise to keep them ahead of increases in the cost of living, irrespective of whether workers in construction, hospitality and haulage get a decent increase.

You'll be delighted by this set of official figures, plus just watched Faisel Islam the beebs economics editor saying these figures along with the unemployment/vacancy statistics are going to make next year's pay negotiations interesting.

Brexit/Covid has giving workers/unions a card hand full of aces,

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1470665547041808384?t=5uB4OV26cHR653VqpN070g&s=19

The above dosnt affect Spanner/Skendr and the other dirty tory lite cunts but for people who lived through a period of three/four million unemployed these figures are welcome. Go fuck you and your gas guzzling Bentley bollocks, brexit/covid has undoubtedly given the poorest in society a place at the table. The fact it annoys Labour's change UK mob makes it even more sweet to those who thought cunts like Chuka Cunty was er well a full blown  cunt, but people like Foot, Bevan, Atlee an co  are proving to be 100% bang on the money.