You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yes.

No.

I don't know where you're getting this from but it's just not reality.

So someone like Bob Crow would never dream of stating if an an airline pilot at Heathrow is on such a wage, as are civil service servants etc for keeping the London economy flowing then my members also deserve some clarity in wage structure for their efforts in keeping the wheels of London ticking over.

Of course Crow wouldn't have  dreamt of saying the above? 

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry on your second point, really? You've never heard of a union saying if the fireman have got such and such a rise surely we as policeman or whatever deserve the same? You've really not heard that bargaining tool? Bizarre.

No. Because it's not a bargaining tool. If a trade union negotiator says to an employer "someone completely unrelated to us got a big payrise" the employers would (quite rightly) react with an Alan Partridge shrug.

If that worked as a negotiating technique, I wouldn't use coffee shop workers as a benchmark, I'd use Premier League footballers.

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

So someone like Bob Crow would never dream of stating if an an airline pilot at Heathrow is on such a wage, as are civil service servants etc for keeping the London economy flowing then my members also deserve some clarity in wage structure for their efforts in keeping the wheels of London ticking over.

Of course Crow wouldn't have  dreamt of saying the above? 

I can't find the quote. Got a link?

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No. Because it's not a bargaining tool. If a trade union negotiator says to an employer "someone completely unrelated to us got a big payrise" the employers would (quite rightly) react with an Alan Partridge shrug.

If that worked as a negotiating technique, I wouldn't use coffee shop workers as a benchmark, I'd use Premier League footballers.

OK fair enough, you know a lot more than me about the subject, it's a shame though and it's an argument (about the difference in rates between sectors) I'd have thought the unions would use. An example would be care home workers, not sure what union they come under but the rate of pay is shockingly low for the work they do, the pandemic has shone a light on it, would it be unreasonable for their union to compere the low pay the receive for the essential work they do with a worker at somewhere like Amazon? Or would it be dismissed as compering Oranges and Apples?

"No problems in Spain. We're the laughing stock of the world. I voted to leave and stand by that"

There you go, in one. Fucking stupid middle aged men in vans thinking panic buying was ITVs fault. And people cry at being called out for being thick as pigshit. Thick fuckers.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

"No problems in Spain. We're the laughing stock of the world. I voted to leave and stand by that"

There you go, in one. Fucking stupid middle aged men in vans thinking panic buying was ITVs fault. And people cry at being called out for being thick as pigshit. Thick fuckers.

How the fuck do you go about trying to address that? As you say, just thick as pigshit. Beyond help.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

How the fuck do you go about trying to address that? As you say, just thick as pigshit. Beyond help.

On the broader point.Most of Europe are witnessing a shortage of drivers, Spain has recently taken steps to address the problems by lowering their driving age, our government has sat on its hands.The petrol crises was short lived and their was always going to be shit in certain sectors after pulling out of the EU, especially with a government that refuses to be forward thinking. 

https://www.iru.org/resources/newsroom/spain-lowers-minimum-driver-age-18-attract-next-generation-drivers

As an aside; youth unemployment in Spain is hitting an astonishing 40% and I'm not sure Spains Hgv drivers have seen the wage rises our drivers have. 

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Forgot to say in my post, their are definitely some right whoppers on that video though.

They're all quite retarded but it is the language they use that is so ridiculous, a woman says "it is what it is at the end of the day". Always good to encounter deep thinkers.

18 minutes ago, torahboy said:

They're all quite retarded but it is the language they use that is so ridiculous, a woman says "it is what it is at the end of the day". Always good to encounter deep thinkers.

The lack of any criticism of the government is the main worry for me, in certain parts of the country Johnsons pretty much untouchable.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The lack of any criticism of the government is the main worry for me, in certain parts of the country Johnsons pretty much untouchable.

Indeed. There seems to be an assumption among Labour strategists (if it's not stretching the word too much) that one day all this shit is going to attach itself to Johnson and the voters will come back to them, with their tails between their legs. That overlooks the obvious facts that Johnson is Teflon (at least, until the 1922 Committee tire of their plaything) and that nobody likes admitting they'd been conned.

26 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Indeed. There seems to be an assumption among Labour strategists (if it's not stretching the word too much) that one day all this shit is going to attach itself to Johnson and the voters will come back to them, with their tails between their legs. That overlooks the obvious facts that Johnson is Teflon (at least, until the 1922 Committee tire of their plaything) and that nobody likes admitting they'd been conned.

You only have to scan the comments section on this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10086171/Dominic-Cummings-says-government-never-intended-stick-Brexit-deal-signed.html#comments

51 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I find it absolutely baffling. Even factoring in their adherence to either a political ideology or a person who embodies the peculiar brand of Britishness/Englishness that appeals to patriotic proles and patricians, the sheer incompetence, dishonesty and corruption of this PM and his government must regsiter somewhere in their consciousness. I hope it does, but I have doubts.

Wish we could get the doctors and pharmacists back who we lost due to Brexit. Oh well, hopefully in about 20 years time when the baby boomers have died off the clinical workload might be enough for British trained people to cover it... :0)

Unlikely that the endless Conservative imperium is going to invest the amount we need for an effective functioning healthcare system and if they do decide to shuffle a few coffers towards there, it'll almost definitely be coming from earnings rather than assets (can't upset the gentocracy).

9 minutes ago, torahboy said:

I find it absolutely baffling. Even factoring in their adherence to either a political ideology or a person who embodies the peculiar brand of Britishness/Englishness that appeals to patriotic proles and patricians, the sheer incompetence, dishonesty and corruption of this PM and his government must regsiter somewhere in their consciousness. I hope it does, but I have doubts.

Might have something to do with where it was filmed, sounded like South East? I'm living in S Wales and I genuinely don't think I've ever met anyone who can stand the cunt.

1 minute ago, Moctezuma said:

No nurses of course mentioned in the above as we've been ransacking the Philippines, India and Ireland for them.

While cutting the bursary for our own people.

And charging their families a pretty penny to use the very same services they prop up.

British exceptionalism laid bare.

55 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Dont know about the conned bit I've just looked up the EU vice president Maros Sefcovic,  (the fella negotiating Nth Ireland with that pompous cunt Frost) and fuck me he didn't disappoint, where the fuck do they find these people? He's yet another EU far right nut job. He makes Frost look like Dennis Skinner. He hates immigrants, hates gays, fully fledged Christian and only managed 18% of the vote when he tried to be Slovakias prime minister, his own people basically told him to fuck off back to Brussels.

Its the people who blindly follow these charlatans that are being conned, how the fuck do these people make it to the top of the EU tree after being discarded in their own country? Boggling.

15 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

No nurses of course mentioned in the above as we've been ransacking the Philippines, India and Ireland for them.

The other argument is that  EU nationals having greater rights than nuses from places like the  Philippines and Asia is distasteful.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The other argument is that  EU nationals having greater rights than nuses from places like the  Philippines and Asia is distasteful.

I concur Gnasher, but it would be great if the country hadn't told them to fuck off which is what a decent chunk of them did*. Also from memory wasn't there some block of around 4 to 5 years imposed on EU nationals for accessing services as well?

*In our departments it was less the established bunch i.e. the senior clinicians and professors not far off retirement and more the up and coming junior doctors and younger consultants who left/stopped coming. Has definitely changed the structure of the workforce, far more people from the sub continent/war torn parts of the Middle East now with shorter training stints and less experience, oh and less of them, with it taking longer to get them registered and costing more to sponsor their placements. Can't even lay the blame with the GMC they have worked flat out over the pandemic and with Brexit to try and help.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'd say in huge chunks of the country he is.

I'm quite glad liverpool Is one of the few places that sees him as he is.

1 hour ago, torahboy said:

Tories are going to back him no matter what ,but there does seem to be unease at grass roots level.

The real head scratcher is red wall types who he has just made considerably poorer,yet still believe in the epic cunt.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Tories are going to back him no matter what ,but there does seem to be unease at grass roots level.

The real head scratcher is red wall types who he has just made considerably poorer,yet still believe in the epic cunt.

There does seem to be something stirring within the ranks of the old 'one nation' Tories but the 'Red Wall' new blues are pig headedly refusing to accept that they've fucked up, or are too stupidly proud to admit they've been conned. The sad fact is that it will be the establishment that kills off Johnson  - not the electorate.

• Upvote 1