You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

The initial and almost obvious argument regardless of anything else is no cunt who voted leave had a scooby what they were voting for. Anyone who argues "It was a democratic vote we should respect it" won't ever answer directly when you counter it with "How was it democratic when nobody knew what it meant not even the government" 

Market saturation of labour was the main point, or free movement. Shit like below, which hurt the poor, a lot of  people were fucking fed up of it and a lot of people were in their rights to be fed up of it..

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Market saturation of labour was the main point, or free movement. Shit like below, which hurt the poor, a lot of  people were fucking fed up of it and a lot of people were in their rights to be fed up of it..

I think the 350 million quid a week lie and no more 'forrins' might have swung it. 

Had to take train to building site in Reading last week, a lot of workers I do a bit of work for were disgruntled over various reasons, mainly the shortage of materials. After talks all so plasterers, tape and jointers, metal fixers were promised an extra 90p a square meter8, they average approximately 60 metres a day so its an approx £50 a day increase, its the third wage hike in eighteen months but its imo well deserved and I told the owner of the firm my thoughts, he agreed . As one contactor said '  gnasher we've  a decade with little or no wage rises, you know our worth". The boss agreed the rise pretty much instantly but he really had little choice, the massive eu labour pool is no longer there to be picked. Everyone ended up relatively happy although it'll eat into the firms profits but problem solved, at least for the next six months or so anyway. That's the real world, not Spanner and Co's fantasy bullshit island. 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Had to take train to building site in Reading last week, a lot of workers I do a bit of work for were disgruntled over various reasons, mainly the shortage of materials. After talks all so plasterers, tape and jointers, metal fixers were promised an extra 90p a square meter8, they average approximately 60 metres a day so its an approx £50 a day increase, its the third wage hike in eighteen months but its imo well deserved and I told the owner of the firm my thoughts, he agreed . As one contactor said '  gnasher we've  a decade with little or no wage rises, you know our worth". The boss agreed the rise pretty much instantly but he really had little choice, the massive eu labour pool is no longer there to be picked. Everyone ended up relatively happy although it'll eat into the firms profits but problem solved, at least for the next six months or so anyway. That's the real world, not Spanner and Co's fantasy bullshit island. 

I knew a foreman very well who was in charge of all the big apartments that got built opposite Woking station back in 04/05 time. Said he mainly employed Polish or Russian builders, not a wage thing but because they would turn up at 7 on-time and work like fuck all shift. The British lads would be stood talking for 20 minutes from clock-on then making a brew by 7:45 stood round moaning about everything and anything. 

35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not that I believe this bullshit story in the first place (worker: we can't find any materials gov. manager: here's another 90p for your troubles mate) I'm amazed it took until Brexit for companies to be free to share profits because I can't find the EU regulation that prevented this from happening. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I knew a foreman very well who was in charge of all the big apartments that got built opposite Woking station back in 04/05 time. Said he mainly employed Polish or Russian builders, not a wage thing but because they would turn up at 7 on-time and work like fuck all shift. The British lads would be stood talking for 20 minutes from clock-on then making a brew by 7:45 stood round moaning about everything and anything. 

East Europeans are excellent workers, no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Low pay and exploitative bosses hurt a lot of people. Blaming it on the forrins just let's the Tories and the exploitative bosses off the hook.

The forrins have gone now. We're still fucked.

22 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody.

What astounds me most and it needs repeating often.

The EU was a democratic enterprise based on proportional representation.

People were free to vote for their 'guy' who would then form alliances and voting blocks inside to represent the views of the voters and their wider ideological beliefs.

The rest of Europe took this seriously, we in the UK saw it as a side show apart from 'the right' who tooled up and mobilised and dominated ideology from within, that's why you have the policies, not 'faceless bureaucrats' but politicians elected to represent those that voted for them. 

I s'pose that doesn't get many likes on MySpace though so people don't engage with it and instead will assume the lies pumped out by the very same billionaires who stand to gain from land grabs as they are hanging their arguments on now are really 'about the working man'.

The people who are to blame for the 'neoliberal' EU are the lazy cunts who didn't see the point, puropse and bigger picture of it and didn't bother to vote in shaping it.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Clearly you’ve never owned a home in Eastern Europe. Bunch of half-arsed, lazy, incompetent, over-priced shithouses for the most part. And I’ve had a lot of work done on my house in the last five years

Although possibly this is because all the good ones are in Western Europe

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It’s a self selecting sample though. The ones that come half way across Europe to work are motivated and hard working. The lazy fuckers are still at home. It’s the same with Americans, the original emigrants  who risked the trip were optimistic driven individuals and that created their can do attitudes at work. All the gloomy pessimistic fuckers stayed behind which may have contributed to the work culture and GDP of the Us compared to Europe. 

6 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Clearly you’ve never owned a home in Eastern Europe. Bunch of half-arsed, lazy, incompetent, over-priced shithouses for the most part. And I’ve had a lot of work done on my house in the last five years

My point exactly! 

14 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It’s a self selecting sample though. The ones that come half way across Europe to work are motivated and hard working. The lazy fuckers are still at home. It’s the same with Americans, the original emigrants  who risked the trip were optimistic driven individuals and that created their can do attitudes at work. All the gloomy pessimistic fuckers stayed behind which may have contributed to the work culture and GDP of the Us compared to Europe. 

I worked a bit when travelling abroad and I was a right piss taking lazy bastard so you're argument is null & fucking void. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I worked a bit when travelling abroad and I was a right piss taking lazy bastard so you're argument is null & fucking void. 

Yeah but you came back to Blighty and joined us in the half arsed fuck it that will do labour force. That's why we are posting on here in the middle of a working day.

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yeah but you came back to Blighty and joined us in the half arsed fuck it that will do labour force. That's why we are posting on here in the middle of a working day.

I juggle GF tournaments, work and wanking mate I'm not workshy at all 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

You're right I've never owned a house over there, you're probably correct the best ones came here, I always found them fine.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You're right I've never owned a house over there, you're probably correct the best ones came here, I always found them fine.

I think my point is more that people tend to be the same everywhere. As Willard said, the guys that are motivated to move country to seek out the best lives for themselves are most likely to be amongst the best workers

They are also the most intelligent and best looking too.

Did I mention that I moved country?

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Not that I believe this bullshit story in the first place (worker: we can't find any materials gov. manager: here's another 90p for your troubles mate) I'm amazed it took until Brexit for companies to be free to share profits because I can't find the EU regulation that prevented this from happening. 

Lack of materials slow down a contractors earning power you numbnutted cunt. If a contractor starts losing money they are entitled to go elsewhere you stupid self entitled little price. Reasonable contractors/employers reach a compromise, in this case a deserved wage rise, not that'd you'd ever fucking understand you middle class cesspitt of spunk. 

Now fuck off and defend some more billionaire poultry factory owners.

Below are the billionaires you defend and you're as much of a cunt as them.

https://m.foodingredientsfirst.com/news/uk-parliamentary-inquiry-finds-2-sisters-problems-are-not-a-one-off.html

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

It's why Patel's war on refugees is not only morally repugnant, but is also ridiculously short-sighted.