You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The average Brit couldn't really give a fuck about NI. The DUP were given a fist full of money to shut them up over Brexit and unless the IRA start another bombing campaign in England no one really cares.

I.  Fucking.  Care.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I remember Thatcher used to always come out with the 'pay rises will result in mass inflation and huge supermarket price rises'  Ahh fuck off.

Thatcher was always preaching the "virtues" of leaving everything to market forces. She'd love your work on the last few pages.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The average Brit couldn't really give a fuck about NI. The DUP were given a fist full of money to shut them up over Brexit and unless the IRA start another bombing campaign in England no one really cares.

32 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I haven't got an excuse because I don't need an excuse as I really couldn't care less.

You mean the border bollocks is an inconvenient truth to your incessant bullshit on this thread? Yep.. I've hit the nail on the head. Fucking Anne Widdecombe with a crew cut. 

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Thatcher was always preachingthe "virtues" of leaving everything to market forces. She'd love your work on the last few pages.

She wouldn't; Thatcher had plenty of political leverage to leave the EU but didn't so much as take the first step, the Labour party of that time meanwhile had leaving the EU written into its manifesto.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You mean the border bollocks is an inconvenient truth to your incessant bullshit on this thread? Yep.. I've hit the nail on the head. Fucking Anne Widdecombe with a crew cut. 

No I'm saying the average brit cares little about N Irish politics, unless the troubles return the politcal intricacies are not going to register. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

She wouldn't; Thatcher had plenty of political leverage to leave the EU but didn't so much as take the first step, the Labour party of that time meanwhile leaving the EU written into its manifesto.

Did you miss the point unintentionally, or was that yet another screeching swerve?

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did you miss the point unintentionally, or was that yet another screeching swerve?

Why do you hate the working classes so much, Angry? Stop cheering for aristocractic landowners, you privileged luvvy. If I relentlessly reply with that sort of shit irrespective of the content of your replies, that means I win the exchange, yeah? Pretty sure that’s how adult communication works.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Can you stop chatting shit. Weird leave voting blert 

How is that shit, its a fucking fact that most people are not interested in NI politics. Just because you may be dosnt mean they have to. Its a complex fucking nightmare of a situation at the best of times.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

How is that shit, its a fucking fact that most people are not interested in NI politics. Just because you may be dosnt mean they have to. Its a complex fucking nightmare of a situation at the best of times.

How can you speak for other people? You seem to have your oar in every fucking thing political on here yet all of a sudden NI isn't important to you? Why? Is it not a pretty central argument in the brexit fiasco? I was right wasn't I. It's inconvenient for you. 

1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

Why do you hate the working classes so much, Angry? Stop cheering for aristocractic landowners, you privileged luvvy. If I relentlessly reply with that sort of shit irrespective of the content of your replies, that means I win the exchange, yeah? Pretty sure that’s how adult communication works.

Not trying to win any Internet exchange with AOT, simply giving my opinion that not all the policy's pushed by the EU were beneficial to some of the poorest people in Britain. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

How can you speak for other people? You seem to have your oar in every fucking thing political on here yet all of a sudden NI isn't important to you? Why? Is it not a pretty central argument in the brexit fiasco? I was right wasn't I. It's inconvenient for you. 

Because I'd guess the average person has little interest in English politics and NI as well as being across the sea is a lot more complex. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

So you're the "average person" ? 

What type of questions that? What percentage of the population voted at the last election? I'm not sure but a large portion of the population couldn't give a fuck about the nitty gritty of our own parliament never mind the N Irish parliament. Their is not even a Labour or Conservative party in NI so I'd think that makes people here even more detached.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What type of questions that? What percentage of the population voted at the last election? I'm not sure but a large portion of the population couldn't give a fuck about the nitty gritty of our own parliament never mind the N Irish parliament. Their is not even a Labour or Conservative party in NI so I'd think that makes people here even more detached.

So we started with you saying you couldn’t give a fuck about NI, you then said the average person couldn't give a fuck so I’m asking are you the average person?

If you need that in bigger font let me know 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So we started with you saying you couldn’t give a fuck about NI, you then said the average person couldn't give a fuck so I’m asking are you the average person?

If you need that in bigger font let me know 

NI is pretty low down on my list of concerns to be honest and i obviously can't speak for the rest of the UK but I'd be surprised if its on most people's minds. We live in a country which turns a blind eye to 130,000 covid deaths and lack of PPE, I'd be surprised if people are overly concerned about a northern irish trade border. Sorry. 

Edit. Why would some kid who's just been given a 60% pay rise picking fruit  down Kent give a fuck about the N Irish trade border? Maybe they do, I'm guessing they don't.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I know you are being shouted down and unnescercily abused but you make a valid point. It is unthinkable that we would have refused to implement results of the referendum because of the impact on Northern Ireland. We should probably have never asked the question without thinking through the implications of a yes vote for NI but once Brexit was approved, the Government didn't really have a choice but to implement it. Most people don't give a fuck about most things in politics generally let alone the niche intricacies of where to create a border in Northern Ireland but it would have caused massive problems in the UK if the Government had said "we hear the results of the referendum but we are not going to implement it because of the NI situation". 

Tony Blair was spot on when he commented most people couldn't care less about Westminster politics, people rightly or wrongly only seem to care about issues that relate to them, at the moment I doubt the N Irish issue barely registers. 

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That article says there will be shortages of fresh food, some producers will go bust and the cost of the increased wages will go through to prices in the supermarket  (hitting poorer people hardest).

I'm waving a flag and singing the OBON anthem just reading that.  Happy Independence Day.

Aww poor farmers..

https://www.ft.com/content/11e49a14-5b89-4f23-ba47-2cde24dcd1ef

20 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I'm a fan of immigration but not the racist pre Brexit policy which says its ok for mainly white europeans to travel freely between member states but not anybody else. I think a nationality blind skills/needs based points system is much better. 

Not sure about a points system but I agree EU free movement discriminates against African and West Indian countries, I fail to see why a nurse from Poland should have greater opportunities in Britain than a nurse from the Philippines for example. Also the pay rises that are now been given to the mainly working class occupations shows the policy of EU free movement suppressed wages and increased the profits of the most wealthy.